Vince Neil will be playing in my tiny Midwest county

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Babydoll
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Vince Neil will be playing in my tiny Midwest county

Post by Babydoll »

I live in a little Midwest town of Carlyle IL which has a big lake and not much else. Today I was looking at the local paper there was an article about how a nearby town about 20 minutes away in my county (Germantown which is even much smaller) will be hosting a festival at their park to raise money for a new gym. Some members of of Head East ("Never Been Any Reason") are from around this area and I went to school with the daughter of one of the members so it was understandable they would be playing and well as a few other local small ones, but yeah VINCE NEIL will be the headliner. It's so weird to wrap my head around that since we are in corn and cows country :lol: I mean, at least it's something to do and it's going to a good cause but I have no idea how much the tickets will even be since it does not say yet as they go on sale on Friday. Do I attend just out of morbid curiosity? For so long I've heard and seen videos about how bad he has been at performing. I would love to see his reaction to just how cornfed we are :mrgreen: So weird.
Around 2005 the band Naked Beggars with Cinderella's Eric Brittingham and Jeff LaBar played my towns golf course restaurant and in another close town the next year which I saw and that was cool.
I would like to see Vince do the chicken dance here.
https://www.facebook.com/germantownrockfest
https://www.germantownrockfest.com
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Vince Neil will be playing in my tiny Midwest county

Post by Spongie »

I kinda get the novelty potential. I live in a small semi-rural town, surrounded by cornfields and chicken farms. Just imagining what it would be like for Vince to do our annual BBQ event… that would be hilarious, I’d go. :lol:
Babydoll

Post by Babydoll »

Spongie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 pm I kinda get the novelty potential. I live in a small semi-rural town, surrounded by cornfields and chicken farms. Just imagining what it would be like for Vince to do our annual BBQ event… that would be hilarious, I’d go. :lol:
If all works out I will go just to give it a review here :D And yes, the novelty potential would be huge here.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Babydoll wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:36 pm Do I attend just out of morbid curiosity?
What are your other options? Sounds pretty close to John 5 visiting Minot, North Dakota.

Will all 3,200 Carlyle residents be there to see Vince?!?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Babydoll

Post by Babydoll »

Nate S Axel wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:38 pm
Babydoll wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:36 pm Do I attend just out of morbid curiosity?
What are your other options? Sounds pretty close to John 5 visiting Minot, North Dakota.

Will all 3,200 Carlyle residents be there to see Vince?!?
Yep, we are pretty bored. Head East is much more beloved though around here though.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

People don’t get it but if U travel out of LA-San Diego-Vegas circle- life is actually garbage

Not everyone can win in life- be able to go on UNLV UCLA San Diego State campus for lunch is the winner life
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
crowes74

Post by crowes74 »

German town is what maybe a quarter size of Carlye?
I remember after Jani was out of Warrant they played in Flora IL which is maybe 50 miles west of you. Mt Vernon is getting national acts from time to time as well.

Look on the bright side, a couple years ago you had to see Vince at Busch stadium, now you can save yourself the drive if you wish. That’s a big blow to the ego I’d bet for him.
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

Spongie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 pm I kinda get the novelty potential. I live in a small semi-rural town, surrounded by cornfields and chicken farms. Just imagining what it would be like for Vince to do our annual BBQ event… that would be hilarious, I’d go. :lol:
Hide all the BBQ with Vince around.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

DrumminAway wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:29 am
Hide all the BBQ with Vince around.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Babydoll

Post by Babydoll »

crowes74 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:26 am German town is what maybe a quarter size of Carlye?
I remember after Jani was out of Warrant they played in Flora IL which is maybe 50 miles west of you. Mt Vernon is getting national acts from time to time as well.

Look on the bright side, a couple years ago you had to see Vince at Busch stadium, now you can save yourself the drive if you wish. That’s a big blow to the ego I’d bet for him.
Yes, Mt. Vernon is a bit more understandable and Effingham has a good place for some medium acts. Even in Belleville IL there the old Lincoln Theater has been revamped to hold acts=I really wanted to see Colin Hay there a few years ago but couldn't make it. Yes, Germantown is such a little dot! I only went to Flora once for a baby shower and me and my aunt about died of boredom on the ride there and back.
I would like to see Vince fight a stalk of our corn.
Babydoll

Post by Babydoll »

It looks like the basic ticket is about $80 and VIP pit ones are $108 so it's a no go for now since I want other things now. Still curious though. If I do go I'll give a review or at least let you know from others how it went if I don't :)