How crazy it really was in LA when OJ news hit.......

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

How crazy it really was in LA when OJ news hit.......

Post by Ralph2 »

Totally bring me back to living in NoHo in the 90's and seeing this on TV mid-day.

NO ONE had seen anything like that white Bronco w/ AC driving it on the 405.

Completely, and truly, mind-blowing.

If anyone remembers driving Sunset west toward the Palisades and the traffic jam to Rockingham (dale...?) straight crazy.

Unless you where there , its hard to imagine how massive this was.

Additionally, everyone claimed they "knew someone" who was a waiter on San Vicente ! Ha!
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: How crazy it really was in LA when OJ news hit.......

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I blogged about it in TUFF DIARIES #21 (1994)

TUFF DIARIES #21 …
Fist First Tour, Making F#@%ing Videos, Building Bunk Beds, O.J. Simpson and Rock Club + Strip Club = Awesome
https://metalsludge.tv/tuff-diaries-21- ... b-awesome/

$tEvil
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Zabooka »

Ralph2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 am Unless you where there , its hard to imagine how massive this was.
This X 1000.

If you weren't around at the time, you'll never fully appreciate the spectacle that this was.
From the murders to the acquittal, it was about 1.5 years, and it was on TV every day from news to the late night talk shows, to SNL.
Every grocery store you went to had OJ on the tabloids.

It was one of those things where everyone heard about it, every one had an opinion.

Absolute madness.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Ralph2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 am Totally bring me back to living in NoHo in the 90's and seeing this on TV mid-day.

If anyone remembers driving Sunset west toward the Palisades and the traffic jam to Rockingham (dale...?) straight crazy.

Additionally, everyone claimed they "knew someone" who was a waiter on San Vicente ! Ha!
I remember being a young mofo at the time with a remote control and toggling between the 4 or 5 news helicopters following his car live on the TV!
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:59 am
Ralph2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 am Totally bring me back to living in NoHo in the 90's and seeing this on TV mid-day.

I remember being a young mofo at the time with a remote control and toggling between the 4 or 5 news helicopters following his car live on the TV!

Hahahah same here! I couldnt turn it off. Guess the OJ was the inventor of reality TV.
The power of Sludge compels you.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

I heard the infamous "and Baba Booey to y'all" totally farcical call to Peter Jennings live on ABC TV :lol:
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:59 am

Yeah, I watched the chase live on CNN here in the NL. Only American channel we had on cable...
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

The whole thing was insane. At some point, people started gathering along the interstate to cheer him on. :roll:

And in case you didn't know, O.J. was clearly headed for Mexico. The only thing that stopped him was a woman driver who spotted him at a red light and promptly phoned the police.

Fire was coming out of his eyes, is the way she described his look when he saw what she was doing.

And please correct me if the above is incorrect in any way. Just going by foggy memories of the whole ordeal.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Michael Hotts Ghost
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

I thought he was going down for sure on the Bronco chase. It just screamed guilt. Still pretty unreal that he got away with it. The Vincent Bugliosi book on the case was pretty good, if you haven't read it.
TREVERLAST

Post by TREVERLAST »

It was HUGE. I remember being at work and they put a TV on so people could watch. Living in L.A. it was very common to see street vendors selling OJ support shirts on the corners and at swap meets. I also remember hearing that it was Domino's biggest day for pizza deliveries. EVERYONE was glued to their TVs and of course there was the whole "you're a racist if you think OJ is guilty"thing going on.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

super crazy but pales in comparison to the Rodney King riot a couple years earlier, now that was some extra crazy shiznit.

Seeing OJ drive around did scream GUILTY to me.

Pretty crazy story coming out that he had the mob do it, and he was present;

OJ Simpson WAS at Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman's murder scene and watched as the Gambino gangsters he hired slaughtered the couple, claims witness who says he stayed silent for 30 years because he feared for his life
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tness.html
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Theres also a rumor that his son Jason did it.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:08 pm I heard the infamous "and Baba Booey to y'all" totally farcical call to Peter Jennings live on ABC TV :lol:
Ah, the good old days of Captain Janks.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

No that was Maury from Brooklyn, a kid who was pissed off that he was missing the Knick game.

I live near Janks, btw.
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

Me and my ex watched that shit live and we were completely certain he was going to blow his own brains out before he would surrender. We wondered why the cops just didn’t shoot out the tires on the Bronco. That would have ended the bullshit 40mph “chase”….🤷🏽‍♂️
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:18 pm Theres also a rumor that his son Jason did it.

This is actually very likely what occured.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Absolutely no motive at all for Jason to do it.

Occam’s razor.

Who was the guy that used to leave her black and blue? Who was the guy who stalked her and watched her fuck other guys through her window. Who did she tell her friends “if anything happens to me, O.J. did it”. Who was the guy who coincidentally had the same sort of unusual shoes that left prints in the blood. Who coincidentally had a cut on his left hand who he couldn’t explain (the story how he got it changed three times), coincidentally matching a dropped left hand glove which was at the crime scene. Who coincidentally left a spot of blood on his car door exactly where his hand would be if he had cut it shortly before driving home? Who coincidentally was “asleep” in his house when the limo driver outside was calling his house and ringing the doorbell, and then after seeing a mysterious figure sneak in through the back way, coincidentally “woke up” and said he overslept?

Occam’s razor.

For all these and two dozen other evidential things that directly point to O.J. doing it to happen, the odds must be astronomical.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Oh and he also accidentally confessed to being at the crime scene with a knife here :

https://youtu.be/hP0rtlEDGOc?si=O4vBROfJyPNxpFru
The Prez

Post by The Prez »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:54 pm Oh and he also accidentally confessed to being at the crime scene with a knife here :

https://youtu.be/hP0rtlEDGOc?si=O4vBROfJyPNxpFru
WTF?? That's basically a confession right there.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

skatexedge wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:28 pm Me and my ex watched that shit live and we were completely certain he was going to blow his own brains out before he would surrender. We wondered why the cops just didn’t shoot out the tires on the Bronco. That would have ended the bullshit 40mph “chase”….🤷🏽‍♂️
There wasn't any reason to go nuclear if he wasn't driving 100 mph and trying to evade. It's like the other poster said, he was trying to quietly flee over the border but got spotted.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »