predict the weather for 🌧️ Bow Bash ..Sunday?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

predict the weather for 🌧️ Bow Bash ..Sunday?

Post by LAglamrocker »

As of now high 57..45% chance rain- low 47

Fun= 100%
Lineup- A++
Donnie-Shark Island- Powerman 5000- Faster Pussycat- Bach
Friday and Saturday Bruce Dickinson at Whisky

* prediction Bruce Dickinson sings Tattooed Millionaire with Shark Island
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LAglamrocker

Re: predict the weather for 🌧️ Bow Bash ..Sunday?

Post by LAglamrocker »

I wonder what Rob Zombie thinks of Powerman 5000 spot tomorrow? After Shark Island and Fasterpussycat after :lol:

I saw White Zombie /Danzig tour and Rob screaming “ I hate those f*cking bands like Slaughter-Winger- Poison!”
Ahh good times :lol:
Turns out biggest White Zombie fan in Fresno and ever was an After The Rain fan
Powerman 5000 always been A fun!

* good news for some rain only scheduled for 1-2pm
Guess Man -Child Bach wins again :lol:

I can see sand getting wet now from my patio view
VinnieStJohn
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by VinnieStJohn »

The rain is supposed ro stop mid afternoon. Any guess when Donnie Vie will come on?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain…is my dream to hear while it rains at the Bash!!
Dream situation I still have hope
Hopefully Eddie Vedder ask God for this in his prayer tonight

I’ve taken photo of all Bash schedules mostly-another life win idea
Seems like 4:40 is 5th band time after 4 local band Gods play
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Donne Vie will be incredible. I am seeing him next month!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

What is Donnie Vie setlist?
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
VinnieStJohn

Post by VinnieStJohn »

I know one of the guys who got a set list so I will see if I can take a pic. About 7 songs - baby loves you, new thing, fly high, strength, and a couple solo songs - but I don't know their names
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Anyone care to give a review?
VinnieStJohn

Post by VinnieStJohn »

Quick review of the main bands

Donnie Vie - looked and sounded good. Short set and it was raining, so not a lot of excitement. Pretty much what you would expect.

Shark Island - sounded good. Black's voice held up, but taking 30 years off will do that. They played around 8 songs, with 3 covers and one newer song, which shows how weak the catalog is

Powerman 5000 - surprise of the show for me. A lot of fun and high energy. Much better live than the 1990s Marilyn Manson-esque overproduction would imply. They are coming back in September and I will try to go

Faster Pussycat. Sounded generally good although the mix wasn't great. Getting old and the energy could be better. Picked up toward the end of the set and ended on a high note. At one point a third guitarist joined - I assume one of the prior members. Played the set you would expect. Taime sounded better and is over the industrial look, but is looking a little rough again

Sebastian - many disagree, but he always puts on a fun show and is still a decent front man. The band didn't move around but was pretty tight. Bierk told stories about the Rainbow over the years which was cool. His voice was rough from the start - still had some power when screaming but thin and raspy otherwise. Brought his kids up on stage to play with him. Did the two new songs and American Metalhead, but the rest of the set was from the first two Skid Row records

A little sludge - I was close enough to see what was going on backstage and with the crew. The show started a little late with Bach going back and forth with the crew on things, and people seemed a little frustrated. Bach didn't want the acoustic set up on stage they had tuned, then was pissed when it wasn't ready to go when they needed it. He told the guitarist to just play it on the electric but then didn't like that, and stopped the show until they could get the acoustic right. Just little things about how he treated the crew and even a little the band were telling

And he brought the wife on stage for an overly long and awkward makeout session during a ballad. She didn't know what to think.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

How was the turnout and the rain? Was the line super long to get in as the show moved along?
VinnieStJohn

Post by VinnieStJohn »

The rain lasted through Donnie Vie, and there was a decent crowd but maybe 20% capacity? Once it stopped the crowd slowly picked up. Since it was "free," seems like most people treated it like Faster Pussycat opening for Bas. It was pretty packed (at least from what I could see) by the time Sebastian came on. The ticket line was ridiculously slow, so I bet there was a pretty good line around 6pm or so
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

VinnieStJohn wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:37 am The rain lasted through Donnie Vie, and there was a decent crowd but maybe 20% capacity? Once it stopped the crowd slowly picked up. Since it was "free," seems like most people treated it like Faster Pussycat opening for Bas. It was pretty packed (at least from what I could see) by the time Sebastian came on. The ticket line was ridiculously slow, so I bet there was a pretty good line around 6pm or so
What tshirt was LA Glam wearing? Did he have on his BOSS shades? Demon mask?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

LAglam Rainbow Bash Diary 1

LAglam had time of his life- no Demon mask
2019 Bach shirt-pink Boss shades- black leather pants from Forever 21

LAglam started his day at Trader Joe’s in his car listening to Contraband- ish Shark Island music- raining pretty hard- store opened he/she/IT for some breakfast bars apple and large OJ

He drove to Rainbow around 10am- he wasn’t sure the Bash was going happen- drove by saw stage being putting up with umbrellas being put up- LAglam felt great show was going happen!

LAglam then walked to spot near front of line and waited 90 minutes to walk in. People in line were from all over including fans that flew in from Texas- had Bach painting they wanted to get to Sebastian. Others came from NY-Ohio- Kentucky. Some wanted photo with pink Boss Bach guy so he allowed this. For hour or so all Hollywood tour bus’s stopped in front of Rainbow. LAglam got called over to take photos with some of people-so he did
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:45 am LAglam Rainbow Bash Diary 1

LAglam had time of his life- no Demon mask
2019 Bach shirt-pink Boss shades- black leather pants from Forever 21

LAglam started his day at Trader Joe’s in his car listening to Contraband- ish Shark Island music- raining pretty hard- store opened he/she/IT for some breakfast bars apple and large OJ

He drove to Rainbow around 10am- he wasn’t sure the Bash was going happen- drove by saw stage being putting up with umbrellas being put up- LAglam felt great show was going happen!

LAglam then walked to spot near front of line and waited 90 minutes to walk in. People in line were from all over including fans that flew in from Texas- had Bach painting they wanted to get to Sebastian. Others came from NY-Ohio- Kentucky. Some wanted photo with pink Boss Bach guy so he allowed this. For hour or so all Hollywood tour bus’s stopped in front of Rainbow. LAglam got called over to take photos with some of people-so he did
Maybe he should have had a meet and greet package?
ImageImage
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

LAglam Rainbow Diary 2 -Singing In The Rain

LAglam paying 30$ came with 2 drink tickets and much anticipated event shirt. LAglam now has all the event shirts ..I think 2 at his crib and others safe in storage? With his other 7 bins full of his life work? Is that true LAglam?

LAglam seemed to be enjoying himself alone(big shock- he never needs anyone it seems to enjoy life at 10 everyday or at least when I see him out in the wild) local band was playing Poison cover in the rain. He was having Unskinny Bop video fun. Got respect him he truly loves his Metal Edge bands
Next local band had hot chick singer. Definitely could work at his favorite place down in Glam Diego at Pacers

It was time to use first drink ticket for hamburger and ranch Doritos. I saw him take selfie of himself with burger on top of the hill overlooking his Heaven . The hot girl working at bar/burger stop looks like White Zombie bass player in 1992. He seemed to always enjoy seeing her

Started pouring rain! Donnie came out!
LAglam was in his Forever 21 leather pants - pink Boss shades and Bach 2019 shirt! He seems to love his shades even though Sasha works at Awful Every Week now. WWE builds stars he didn’t seem worried as he was getting drenched in rain.
I did notice he was only one that wasn’t in sweatshirt-hat-needing an umbrella or water poncho thing. He was “dancing in the rain” got be honest it was refreshing to see someone that truly was having Nothin’ But A Good Time
Gerri Miller really seemed to have great influence on his life
He took pictures with fans that came up to him
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

THIS is a review!!!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

VinnieStJohn wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:39 pm
Shark Island - sounded good. Black's voice held up, but taking 30 years off will do that. They played around 8 songs, with 3 covers and one newer song, which shows how weak the catalog is
Strange how Shark Island was a strip staple for long and barley have one album of material