NO GUITAR PICK ... Jared James Nichols, this guy plays Guitar, with NO Pick... interesting!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

NO GUITAR PICK ... Jared James Nichols, this guy plays Guitar, with NO Pick... interesting!

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

See that he got added to the MORC... and wasn't really sure who he was, even though I had heard his name before!

So, googled... find out, he's from Wisconsin, only 35... and an absolute monster player.

Then see, he uses NO guitar pick... very interesting... as not a lot of guys play like that!

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVX-olkWA_c

$tEvil
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Re: NO GUITAR PICK ... Jared James Nichols, this guy plays Guitar, with NO Pick... interesting!

Post by Kerry67 »

Absolute ripper of a player, and makes the BEST guitar faces while doing it. But, I don't think he has the songs.....
wrko680
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: NO GUITAR PICK ... Jared James Nichols, this guy plays Guitar, with NO Pick... interesting!

Post by wrko680 »

Richie Kotzen doesn’t use a pick either.
windycitycane
Taking Music Lessons

Post by windycitycane »

Lindsay Buckingham doesn’t use a pick either. Fantastic player and he has the songs too.

John 5 can rip without a pick too.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

windycitycane wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:50 am Lindsay Buckingham doesn’t use a pick either. Fantastic player and he has the songs too.

Ditto Mark Knopfler.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

GoodJudge wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:00 am
windycitycane wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:50 am Lindsay Buckingham doesn’t use a pick either. Fantastic player and he has the songs too.

Ditto Mark Knopfler.
And Jeff Beck.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Nichols is a beast!
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Keith Urban (I know, not our genre) also seldom uses a pick and can shred. Kotzen and others already mentioned.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

No pick?? No way...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

:D Never heard of this before!
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

Matteo Mancuso would like a word.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Steve Hackett, Jeff Beck …
Hellbound

Post by Hellbound »

James Mankey from Concrete Blonde
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

But how does he pic his nose?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Gwrexx »

Robby Krueger rarely uses a pic, especially in the Doors…
Ain't flinging tears out on the dusty ground for all my friends out on the burial ground. Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down. It's just that demon life has got me in its sway
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Warren DiMartini is a good player who does use a pick.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:16 am Warren DiMartini is a good player who does use a pick.
Yes. And of course, Mick Mars played with a prick.
PBFSUCKS

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Erik Turner and Joey Allen could barely play with picks. Joey had to learn because his hair was falling out as fast as the sold records.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Hopefully someone is making a documentary of this unprecedented event...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

I saw this dude open for Zakk/BLS a couple of years back - put on a good show, I’d go see him again