Would you still like Priest if Half wasn't a LGBT?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Would you still like Priest if Half wasn't a LGBT?

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

aznsquirt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:36 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:20 am So you think seducing and raping are the same thing?
Yeah, I'm not going to entertain this low-IQ bullshit. I almost didn't make my post, because I knew that even though I made it clear its not black and white, and I struggle with it myself, I'd have to listen to some mouth-breathing nonsense like this.

Besides the fact that it's comical that you're getting ready to argue that it doesn't matter what someone does, all that matters is what word they used to describe it, there's the fact that if you knew anything about the legal history of the terms "seduction", "rape", and "coercion", you would most definitely not have started down this path.

Just take the L and move on.
If he said that whole sentence, why did you only quote one word and not the entire sentence?

It's an honest question.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

when we saw the "we are stars" video.. everyone then knew rob was gay.
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

The first time I saw a picture of Judas Priest, I thought the whole band was gay. They definitely looked like they could have written Macho Man. Maybe it was because I saw Police Academy around the same time.

When Poison first had pictures in magazines I thought, “These guys look like women” vs when I first saw Judas Priest and I thought “These guys look like they fuck dudes”.
jens

Post by jens »

aznsquirt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:03 pm
jens wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:52 am Bobbi Brown was pretty straightforward about Lani ass raping her though, not much interpretation needed in that story.
Is that in her book?
Yes, tied her to the bed and raped her, if I remember correctly.

Speculation about a dead dude, I know, but her stories about him wanting the hottest chick and quickly losing his interest in sex, apart from the revenge rape, gave a very closeted vibe. But his own trauma could be an explanation too.
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Don't fight a land war in Asia and don't argue with a guy named "Aznsquirt" about the definitions of coercion and seduction.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

keyofgee wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:03 am when we saw the "we are stars" video.. everyone then knew rob was gay.
He spent his entire career after the first album dressing like a fucking Tom Of Finland poster, how the fuck did anybody NOT know he was gay?
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

keyofgee wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:03 am when we saw the "we are stars" video.. everyone then knew rob was gay.
It's actually "We're Stars".

But I can see how you made the mistake, as I dont know if they ever said that line in the song.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

LeeRatbag wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:42 pm
He spent his entire career after the first album dressing like a fucking Tom Of Finland poster, how the fuck did anybody NOT know he was gay?
I am always astonished when somebody is all: "I knew Halford was gay when I was 12! He was an obvious leather daddy".

It's like I always say in these situations...I do not know what your family was like, but I grew up without any understanding of leatherman culture :lol: I just thought all of the whips and leather and motorcycles meant he was tough, not a foo foo lad like those long haired sissy boys.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Sleek wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:24 pm
I am always astonished when somebody is all: "I knew Halford was gay when I was 12! He was an obvious leather daddy".

It's like I always say in these situations...I do not know what your family was like, but I grew up without any understanding of leatherman culture :lol: I just thought all of the whips and leather and motorcycles meant he was tough, not a foo foo lad like those long haired sissy boys.
I bet you didn't have any Tom of Finland posters when you were a kid, either.
ImageImage
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Not when I was a kid, no...but I used to do some colorization work for the Tom of Finland Foundation in the nineties, so I am VERY familiar with the stuff.

FOON
Recording Debut Album

Post by FOON »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:34 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:40 pm I was running the math trying to work how half of Judas Priest was gay.
Same.

Can a member be half gay? Or if Snip is also in the band then the math holds up.

Which leaves us wondering who the two other gays are; I'm going with Snip and Travis; Ian is too ugly to be a gay, Tipton was slaying the manager's pussy and faux-KK has been banging Lynch's daughter. recently
We need Dan Spitz on hand to do the math.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

If I had told the bikers from Bandidos MC that they looked like gays I wouldn't be writing this. In 1986 bikers used to beat up greasers and skinheads just for fun and calling THEM "f%ggots" and "sausage riders". And they dressed like Halford on the Point of Entry tour.... Some Hells and Bandidos even went to Priest and Sabbath shows. And Motörhead of course.
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Well, maybe it's a cultural thing, but over here in the 70s/80s the leather-clad gay guy in the Brando cap and chaps (with optional extra handlebar moustache) was a well-established comedy trope. Hell, you all got the Police Academy gag with the Blue Oyster Bar, right? And none of the actual bikers round here dressed like that; their leathers were scuffed and tatty rather than shiny and pristine, they wore greasy patch-covered denim cutoffs and had straggly hair and beards. Halford didn't look like any biker I ever knew, any more than Freddie Mercury did in the same sort of gear.
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
BiggusDickus
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by BiggusDickus »

Jani Lane would not have recorded Electric Eye for a Judas Priest tribute album if Rob Halford raped him.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

BiggusDickus wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:23 pm Jani Lane would not have recorded Electric Eye for a Judas Priest tribute album if Rob Halford raped him.
That's a damned good point.
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

LeeRatbag wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:47 am
Well, maybe it's a cultural thing, but over here in the 70s/80s the leather-clad gay guy in the Brando cap and chaps (with optional extra handlebar moustache) was a well-established comedy trope. Hell, you all got the Police Academy gag with the Blue Oyster Bar, right? And none of the actual bikers round here dressed like that; their leathers were scuffed and tatty rather than shiny and pristine, they wore greasy patch-covered denim cutoffs and had straggly hair and beards. Halford didn't look like any biker I ever knew, any more than Freddie Mercury did in the same sort of gear.
The only guy I remember like that was the biker from the Village People, seen here getting sexy with the ladies at the Playboy mansion, because he was PURE MACHO: https://youtu.be/g4uGkLRjR1I

I meann....you probably think THESE bikers are gay, too: https://youtu.be/k8uweOXgnak

DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:01 pm
It's actually "We're Stars".

But I can see how you made the mistake, as I dont know if they ever said that line in the song.
did it have a guitar solo?
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Sleek wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:49 pm
LeeRatbag wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:47 am
The only guy I remember like that was the biker from the Village People, seen here getting sexy with the ladies at the Playboy mansion, because he was PURE MACHO: https://youtu.be/g4uGkLRjR1I
Well, quite. That's a classic example of the archetype, and probably the best known internationally.
I meann....you probably think THESE bikers are gay, too: https://youtu.be/k8uweOXgnak
:mrgreen: See, that's a perfect case in point. When I was a kid, the Kenny Everett show was one of the funniest things on TV. While Sid Snot might not necessarily have been explicitly gay, Kenny definitely was...
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

This documentary should be on your viewing list: https://youtu.be/6PYsy52kVE4

Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

This is probably not an appropriate thing to say, but come on man...how do you let Rob Halford rape you? I suppose if you've been drugged or something it could happen. So say you're having a couple drinks with old Rob. He is very likely going to be dropping hints and coming on to you. After no more than two beers it should be obvious what is going on. Just tell him something like "Mr Halford...you, Glenn, and Ken are responsible for some of the greatest music ever written and I've always greatly admired your band, BUT you're not gonna cornhole me tonight nor any other night. This will stay between you and me. Thank You for hanging out and you guys will always have me as a fan. Good day sir." Then I would dismiss myself and when I was almost out of his view I'd turn around, throw him the horns, nod my head, and head back home and cornhole Bobbi before the dawn.

If Rob Halford is somehow able to ram it down against your will you done fucked up pretty bad. At the very least you need to start hitting the gym because if you can't fight off Halford you have some work to do.

I promise you that probably 90% of your favorite artists have committed some kind of sexual assault. Yes, I agree that the man on man thing adds a level of creepiness to it. One thing...if we were to apply today's thinking to back when I was in high school in the 90's every one of my friends as well as myself probably committed some kind of "sexual offense." Back then it was called picking up girls or hitting on girls. Who hasn't tried kissing a girl and getting shut down? I'm not saying any of us forced anything, but we all probably had times where we had to be told "no" a couple of times before giving up. There were never any hard feelings and everyone remained friends when Monday rolled around and we saw said girls at school. Usually it was laughed about. We weren't the burnout weirdos either. We were all jocks and rather popular. It was just normal kid behavior.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

LeeRatbag wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:01 pm
Sleek wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:49 pm I meann....you probably think THESE bikers are gay, too: https://youtu.be/k8uweOXgnak
:mrgreen: See, that's a perfect case in point. When I was a kid, the Kenny Everett show was one of the funniest things on TV. While Sid Snot might not necessarily have been explicitly gay, Kenny definitely was...
In the 2nd clip he says "Hello friends of Dorothy" but how many people back then actually knew that was gay slang? The kids watching every week (and I was one of them) wouldn't but the gay scene in general was still very underground then. Mainly due to widespread, violent homophobia.
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

The only good thing back then was he didn’t have to remind of the fact about every 5 minutes, pretty sure he probably mentions it on the first and last page of his book, every page in between.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

At least here in the Netherlands the metal magazines were pretty open from the mid 80's about Rob being gay, even mentioning he had an apartment in Amsterdam due to the gay scene being centered there for Europe.
No idea if that was true though, Rob does not mention an Amsterdam apartment when talking about his homes in his book.
But none of the metal fans here seemed to care about him being gay. I was genuinely surprised when he came out, because I was convinced it was common knowledge....
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

If you believe what he wrote in his book, Rob was all bottom, a horny mofo, lusted after masculine men & only had intercourse with 2 women in his life. He never once eludes to himself being the dominant one in any relationship, be it longer term or one night stand, which makes me doubt the Jani thing, but anything is possible.