Scorpions Residency

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Scorpions Residency

Post by Blumpkin King »

Anyone go yet? The setlist is pretty great.

Coming Home
Gas in the Tank
Make It Real
The Zoo
Coast To Coast
I'm Leaving You
Crossfire
Bad Boys Running Wild
Delicate Dance
Send Me an Angel
Wind of Change
Tease Me Please Me
Peacemaker
The Same Thrill
New Vision
Blackout
Big City Nights
Encore:
Still Loving You
Rock You Like a Hurricane

I would switch out a couple of songs, but Crossfire, I'm Leaving You, and The Same Thrill are big wins

Thinking about going out for one of the shows.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Scorpions Residency

Post by Love_Industry »

Blumpkin King wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:35 pm
I would switch out a couple of songs, but Crossfire, I'm Leaving You, and The Same Thrill are big wins
To me it's a WTF setlist. They play all of LAFS including the two crap tunes above (I love I'm Leaving You) but skip one of the better songs, As Soon As the Good Times Roll.

And no Alien Nation, No One Like You, Lovin' You Sunday Morning or Rhythm of Love... oh well.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Love_Industry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:17 am
To me it's a WTF setlist. They play all of LAFS including the two crap tunes above (I love I'm Leaving You) but skip one of the better songs, As Soon As the Good Times Roll.

And no Alien Nation, No One Like You, Lovin' You Sunday Morning or Rhythm of Love... oh well.
That does seem weird. Not sure why you'd have a setlist clearly centered around one album and not play the whole thing.

Also, this is CLEARLY not for fans of the 70's material.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Anthrax442 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:11 am
Love_Industry wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:17 am

That does seem weird. Not sure why you'd have a setlist clearly centered around one album and not play the whole thing.

Of course it’s not for fans of 70’s material. There are only a handful that exist!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jens »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:53 am
Anthrax442 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:11 am
Of course it’s not for fans of 70’s material. There are only a handful that exist!
Yes! And all five of us prefer to see Uli anyway. :idea:
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

jens wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:48 am
Yes! And all five of us prefer to see Uli anyway. :idea:
Scab Michael Schenker!
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

I saw clips..... wow, they look and feel so devoid of energy, as most 75 year olds do.
Even Rudolph was moving very little and Klaus is planted.

Makes me sad, because I recall seeing on Blackout and Love at first sting tours, and they are INCREDIBLY high energy... one of the best live acts I saw in the early 1980s
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

veritas wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:16 am I saw clips..... wow, they look and feel so devoid of energy, as most 75 year olds do.

Makes me sad, because I recall seeing on Blackout and Love at first sting tours, and they are INCREDIBLY high energy... one of the best live acts I saw in the early 1980s
Ya, I gotta agree with this. I saw them on the Sting in the Tail tour, and it was pretty much the same thing (almost 15 years ago)
One thing they have over a lot of other older bands, is they still sound great. Was my only time seeing them, and have no regrets. Would I go again...probably. That is a pretty solid setlist.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

daveg wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:49 am
veritas wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:16 am I saw clips..... wow, they look and feel so devoid of energy, as most 75 year olds do.

Ya, I gotta agree with this. I saw them on the Sting in the Tail tour, and it was pretty much the same thing (almost 15 years ago)
One thing they have over a lot of other older bands, is they still sound great. Was my only time seeing them, and have no regrets. Would I go again...probably. That is a pretty solid setlist.
I’ve seen them. Great live band. I thanked the gods of music that they avoided all the Uli garbage. I was lucky. So so so lucky.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

They should put in a deep cut like In Trance for their loyal fans.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Gas in the tank in May! Hope!
Sweet spot- Send Me an Angel(that’s song I request at strip clubs most) Wind, Tease Me! Alien Nation acoustic would be rad
Setlist is near 10! Scorpions always life highlight live! MTV Scorpions!

and Ugly Kid Joe on massive stage again!! WIN!!
No more stupid ass Queensryche or Fake Row!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Even if you forget about the Roth material that only the diehards know, that setlist fucking blows. Nobody gives a shit about hearing anything from the post Savage Amusement albums except for the whistling tune. Can't imagine that bunch of songs moving many tickets
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

They should've just played the exact World Wide Live set list. That is a nearly perfect batch of songs. Does Matthias do a solo in the current shows? Watched Rock You Like A Hurricane and agree that their age is working against them. I just watched their Dortmund '83 show and they were one of the most energetic bands I've ever seen. My brother always saw them when they came around in the 80's and said they always delivered.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Ryan81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:09 pm They should've just played the exact World Wide Live set list. That is a nearly perfect batch of songs. Does Matthias do a solo in the current shows? Watched Rock You Like A Hurricane and agree that their age is working against them. I just watched their Dortmund '83 show and they were one of the most energetic bands I've ever seen. My brother always saw them when they came around in the 80's and said they always delivered.
Yep WWL set is perfect. Full focus on the 4 great releases. Avoids the Uli trash.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am
Ryan81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:09 pm They should've just played the exact World Wide Live set list. That is a nearly perfect batch of songs.
Yep WWL set is perfect. Full focus on the 4 great releases. Avoids the Uli trash.
Swap Can't Get Enough, Can't Live Without You and Dynamite for Lovedrive, I'm Leaving You and Arizona and I'm with you. I'd ditch The Zoo too, for Alien Nation or Rhythm of Love, but it is some kind of fan favorite even if it blows.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Love_Industry wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 am
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am
Ryan81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:09 pm They should've just played the exact World Wide Live set list. That is a nearly perfect batch of songs.
Swap Can't Get Enough, Can't Live Without You and Dynamite for Lovedrive, I'm Leaving You and Arizona and I'm with you. I'd ditch The Zoo too, for Alien Nation or Rhythm of Love, but it is some kind of fan favorite even if it blows.
I’d be fine with those swaps. Can’t ditch The Zoo. Great song.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Should have had Crazy World live CD with bonus Trixter opening songs included

Scorpions Crazyworld 2025 Las Vegas residency with acoustic Trixter
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Play only songs from Love Drive, Animal Magnetism and Blackout and I'll buy a ticket
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:09 am and Ugly Kid Joe on massive stage again!! WIN!!
A mate of mine is playing guitar for UKJ on this residency. He flew out a couple of days ago. Not a bad gig for him, a month in Las Vegas working an hour a day. Beats being in Leeds in fucking April anyway...
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

LeeRatbag wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:46 pm
LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:09 am and Ugly Kid Joe on massive stage again!! WIN!!
A mate of mine is playing guitar for UKJ on this residency. He flew out a couple of days ago. Not a bad gig for him, a month in Las Vegas working an hour a day. Beats being in Leeds in fucking April anyway...
Why add April to your sentence....

Agree with others that the uli stuff is for the most part dreadful.

Saw them open for judas priest on their reunion tour in Birmingham and they were brilliant! Blew priest off the stage in their hometown!

Saw scorps headline a few years later where uli came on for a few songs and it was a bore. Talk about killing the momentum of the concert.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

pieceofme wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm

Agree with others that the uli stuff is for the most part dreadful.

Saw them open for judas priest on their reunion tour in Birmingham and they were brilliant! Blew priest off the stage in their hometown!

Saw scorps headline a few years later where uli came on for a few songs and it was a bore. Talk about killing the momentum of the concert.
Uli Scorps was truly bad.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
kreamygoodness
Headlining Clubs

Post by kreamygoodness »

I went to opening night and had a blast. I've seen them three times before but all in the 80's, so I went into this knowing things would be a little slower. The production was great but it felt more like a show than a concert, if that makes any sense. They opened with Coming Home, which sounded like a track, but as they got into the show, things sounded less compressed and more organic.

Klaus was hella stiff but mentioned he had some kind of health thing/surgery (on his back?) a few months ago. Not sure if anyone has more info on that.

I knew they were celebrating Love at First Sting, so a bulk of the setlist would focus on that material, which was cool but I was still a little disappointed in the setlist. Playing only four songs off of Lovedrive (Coast to Coast), Animal Magnetism (Make it Real & The Zoo) and Blackout (Blackout) felt way too light. Where was Dynamite, No One Like You, Lovedrive, Loving You Sunday Morning or Holiday? As someone else mentioned, to my ear, they didn't need to play anything past Savage Amusement. BTW, Send Me an Angel was dedicated to James Kottak.

However, I got nice and high right before the show (we skipped UKJ), had good seats, was with good friends and it's Scorpions, so overall 8 out of 10 for me.

LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 am Nobody is out to get you. Get off line and stop reading bullshit.
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

Mikkey Dee has got to be a tweaker. He was in Motorhead after all. He must be 100 and he is still playing at a high level. Ya, it's speed for sure. Just making sure.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Ryan81 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:44 am Mikkey Dee has got to be a tweaker. He was in Motorhead after all. He must be 100 and he is still playing at a high level. Ya, it's speed for sure. Just making sure.
Mikkey Dee only turned 60 last year and he's all over mainstream media back home in Sweden.
If he had any drug problems at any point, we would know it. See also: Dregen, Kee Marcello.
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

pieceofme wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm
Fair point. It's just that the weather's been particularly shit this month.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com