THE DOORS

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

THE DOORS

Yes
64%
No
8%
Maybe
9%
F*** no
20%

Total votes: 80
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

THE DOORS

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

They rocked.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: THE DOORS

Post by Black Stuff »

depends on the songs for me. A few good ones, but many just bore the crap outta me.
The power of Sludge compels you.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

The debut and LA Woman are the two I listen to the most. Fuck yeah, I like The Doors. Just spoke to a guitar shop owner the other day who was in a band on the bill with the Doors in Seattle back in the 60s.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

love 'em.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:56 pm The debut and LA Woman are the two I listen to the most.
Those are the best. Their catalog got a little soft in the middle.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Love the Doors...but there's still three songs i can't fucking stand: Five to One, The Unknown Soldier and When the Music's Over...but the rest is just awesome.
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

The musicians were talented, but their pseudo-intellectual "poet" front man was woefully average.

Let's make an anagram out of my name! Aren't I clever?
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

The Doors are a classic act. Love 'em. "The End" is just epic, and they had plenty of other great classic songs as well.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
HORRORHOLIC1979
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HORRORHOLIC1979 »

One of my favorite bands.
"They're never gonna find your face, it's hidden away
I found a very special place where you used to play"
- Alice Cooper
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

In my top five. Morrison Hotel is my fave.

Even though their product releases are mostly recycled from the limited material they have - especially video - they make it worthwhile. Like if they include footage on a DVD that's been released previously they fully remaster it so it's more like an upgrade.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

yes
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:59 pm
Dyslexicheart wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:56 pm The debut and LA Woman are the two I listen to the most.

That wasn't the only thing that got soft in the middle
Last edited by Dyslexicheart on Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Yep!

Went through the cliche doors phase at university.

They have one of the best greatest hits albums as well.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
EyeDocOfRock

Post by EyeDocOfRock »

The Doors are cool with me !!!
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

LA Woman is their best album
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

I crashed my Dad's car while listening to 'Peace Frog' and driving way too fast when I was just a wee lad. Love that song!!
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

EzyRider wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:18 pm I crashed my Dad's car while listening to 'Peace Frog' and driving way too fast when I was just a wee lad. Love that song!!
Was there blood up to your ankles?
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

Tommy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 pm
EzyRider wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:18 pm I crashed my Dad's car while listening to 'Peace Frog' and driving way too fast when I was just a wee lad. Love that song!!
Ah man, how can you like a song you wrecked a vehicle to? When I was a junior in high school I had the single worst night in my life. The girl from another town who I was absolutely in love with and had been seeing decides to fuck one of my "friends" who I brought with me to a party. So I proceeded to drink way too much and when we left the party I made it about 40 miles (heading to a different party) and I finally piled up my vehicle listening to ZZ Top's Rough Boy. I will never listen to that fucking lame song again (despite Gibbons' tasteful playing). My asshole friend barely scraped his finger while my other buddy and me were hauled off in the ambulance. That prick and her were a couple from then on and I was without a vehicle and the love of my life. Fuck Rough Boy!

The Doors were alright. I thought Duran Duran did a good cover of The Crystal Ship.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Ryan81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:54 pm
Ah man, how can you like a song you wrecked a vehicle to? When I was a junior in high school I had the single worst night in my life. The girl from another town who I was absolutely in love with and had been seeing decides to fuck one of my "friends" who I brought with me to a party. So I proceeded to drink way too much and when we left the party I made it about 40 miles (heading to a different party) and I finally piled up my vehicle listening to ZZ Top's Rough Boy. I will never listen to that fucking lame song again (despite Gibbons' tasteful playing). My asshole friend barely scraped his finger while my other buddy and me were hauled off in the ambulance. That prick and her were a couple from then on and I was without a vehicle and the love of my life. Fuck Rough Boy!
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Utter shit. The music was a dirge and Morrison was the patron saint of tens of thousands of deluded, self-obsessed teenage bedroom poets. A shame he didn't OD years earlier.
Nobodyspecial
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Nobodyspecial »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:00 am
Ryan81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:54 pm

Great use of The Last American Virgin! I approve.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

8)
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by inextrem »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:59 pm
Same here. Thos 2 are my faves. "Strange days" would be my 3rd.
Nobodyspecial
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Nobodyspecial »

The Doors have a couple of good songs, but as a whole the Doors are terrible and so overrated.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

I put yes because I love their music but I’ve never really had a Doors phase where I listened to every album and grew obsessed or anything like that. Just not a poetry guy and so I could never get into Jim’s thing.

The best Doors-related thing I ever saw was Travis Meeks (Days Of The New) covering “The End” at The Whisky back in 2002 or so. He was ~22 at the time and deep in his meth addiction by then. He closed the show with it and it was probably the most possessed / epic performance I’ve ever seen of anything ever. You can see him do it with the surviving Doors on VH1 Storytellers but it doesn’t even come close to what I saw.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

HoldenSSV wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:35 pm The musicians were talented, but their pseudo-intellectual "poet" front man was woefully average.
I mean, people go saying this hipster nonsense all of the time...but back it up.

If Morrison was average, then it follows that he must have a huge number of peers doing his thing at his skill level.

Who were they?
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

It's more that what he did wasn't as unique or as special as mythologized. The Doors were on the way to breaking up... his untimely death preserved their legacy.
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Okay, if it wasn't unique or special, then who else was doing it?
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Sleek wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:46 pm Okay, if it wasn't unique or special, then who else was doing it?
That was The End of this thread 8)