ATTN: TICKET BUYERS, GET READY.......

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

ATTN: TICKET BUYERS, GET READY.......

Post by Ralph2 »

Word on the "Street" is that StubHub is going to IPO this summer.

They're claiming a valuation of $16B.

Is $500 for a major show going to be the new benchmark..........?.........?

Just wow, what happened to the days of Damone selling Halen tickets for $15...............
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Re: ATTN: TICKET BUYERS, GET READY.......

Post by gtshark1 »

Recently bought tickets from ticketmaster at the box office. They were way cheaper than stubhub for comparable seats.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Ticketmaster 14% tipping charge coming also..yes!
How much are Fresno State men’s basketball tickets now? Used have season tickets 1985-1996. Selland Arena packed every game with everyone in red for the Red Wave!..Boyd Grant-GrantsTomb era-Ron A era!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Stubhub has been total fucking shit ever since Ebay sold them to ViaGoGo in 2020.

I use Tickpick first, VividSeats 2nd. They are 90% the same tickets anyway. The problems arise from clueless amateurs being allowed to list on their platform. Read the Stubhub sub on Reddit for insight to what these problems are that are constantly occurring.

Also Ticketmaster has gradually been algorithmically removing profit points, but has really accelerated the last few years. Do you wanna buy into something that might very well soon be mostly mom selling an extra Wiggles ticket?
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ju ... try-report

Ticketbastard getting sued?! Yeah!!
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

ijwthstd wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:17 am I use Tickpick first, VividSeats 2nd.
Same here, based on your advice from years ago. For that, I thank you.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:33 am https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ju ... try-report

Ticketbastard getting sued?! Yeah!!
Nothing new. They get sued..pay a huge fine. Apologize..then proceed as if nothing happened.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

daveg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:11 pm pay a huge fine.
Pay a fine that sounds huge to the regular guy, but is actually 1/4 of a single day's profit to them.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

Up here, StubHub now wants a tax ID number if you want to sell more than something like $500 a year in tickets. Ticketmaster won't even let you sell unless you provide your tax info, at least up here that's how it is. Canada loves to tax!

No wonder they are looking to do an IPO before the bottom falls out.

Some artists won't allow a ticket to be re-sold unless it's at face value. Neil Young has done this for his new tour. If you bought on TM and need to get rid of an extra ticket you can only resell it for face value.

I think that the Taylor Swift fiasco caused legislators to look more closely at ticket re-sellers/monopolies.

It's one thing when a constituent complains, it's another when it's their own daughter or niece giving them a hard time about how life isn't fair and they couldn't get tickets for the local Taylor Swift show LOL.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I don't think them going public will affect ticket prices. Maybe it will make the site more popular though.

Obviously, no one likes inflated prices but Stub Hub has been good for me over the years. Mostly because Ticketmaster sucks so much with their dynamic pricing and official platinum pricing!

I usually get tickets for a lower cost than Ticketmaster or at least better tickets for the same cost.

Their guaranteed sale has helped me get even better tickets a couple times when the seller couldn't come through.

As a SELLER it sucks though because you end up paying Ticketmaster fees and then get deducted Stub Hub fees when you sell!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"