The most you've spent on a band t-shirt

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

The most you've spent on a band t-shirt

Post by Rocker4Real »

I don't think I've spent over $30, but I haven't been to a big name concert in years. Is the lowest $40 these days for an arena show? What about you? Have you spent more than MattleyCrue?
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Re: The most you've spent on a band t-shirt

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I think 30 or 35€ at a Stones show.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Rocker4Real wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 am I don't think I've spent over $30, but I haven't been to a big name concert in years. Is the lowest $40 these days for an arena show? What about you? Have you spent more than MattleyCrue?
Mattley spends thousands regularly on eBay. No one will come close.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Charles Bukaki »

I topped out somewhere around $35 for a T shirt but I've spent a hell of a lot more for some work shirts.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

$400 was the most a couple of times for GNR, Motley tees

$300 for Soundgarden tee
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I have spent thousands, in reality, tens of thousands over time...

But... the good part is... I then sell them and make my money back, and a profit.

Which is nice... :D

$tEvil
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am I think 30 or 35€ at a Stones show.
Same here, in 2015 I think.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm I have spent thousands, in reality, tens of thousands over time...

But... the good part is... I then sell them and make my money back, and a profit.

$tEvil
I wish you had Tuff originals to sell
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I score new Madeworn releases for $175 a pop. I have 4 of them sitting on a chair in my kitchen I haven’t wore yet. Stones, Scorps, Aerosmith & the brand new Iron Maiden release. If it’s sick and I like the band I buy. They do new releases every week.

They’re hand made and no two are a like.

www.madeworn.com

Slash wears a ton of their tees on stage! Check out pics from this past tour he wore a ton!
LAglamrocker wrote:
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 pm I score new Madeworn releases for $175 a pop. I have 4 of them sitting on a chair in my kitchen I haven’t wore yet. Stones, Scorps, Aerosmith & the brand new Iron Maiden release. If it’s sick and I like the band I buy. They do new releases every week.

They’re hand made and no two are a like.

www.madeworn.com

Slash wears a ton of their tees on stage! Check out pics from this past tour he wore a ton!
I have a Senjutsu shirt too!

I paid $30.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

On EBay?..few hundred bucks for a few- Trixter Hear? white shirt brought me millions of dollars of happiness with that one

Most at show think it was 60$ might have been 80$ retro Jon Bon Jovi shirt looking like Slippery When Wet Jon on front. I was shocked to see on merch stand at Forum show. I definitely bought shirt without looking at price. Asked what price was after it was brought to me
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by rockker »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm $400 was the most a couple of times for GNR, Motley tees

$300 for Soundgarden tee
What does a $400 GnR and or Motley Crue shirt look like?
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
SikSyko
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by SikSyko »

I think $20, have not bought one in years. I remember paying $12 (Canadian) for a Shout at the Devil shirt in 84 (I still have it), last time I saw it on eBay it went for over $400. I should pull out all the old ones I have and toss them on eBay.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

LAglamrocker wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm On EBay?..few hundred bucks for a few- Trixter Hear? white shirt brought me millions of dollars of happiness with that one

Most at show think it was 60$ might have been 80$ retro Jon Bon Jovi shirt looking like Slippery When Wet Jon on front. I was shocked to see on merch stand at Forum show. I definitely bought shirt without looking at price. Asked what price was after it was brought to me
I’ve been eyeing signed Trixter Hear! shirt on eBay. Only that thing that is holding me up is that it’s signed. I’d rather wear one without signatures. It’s around $125
LAglamrocker wrote:
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

rockker wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm $400 was the most a couple of times for GNR, Motley tees

$300 for Soundgarden tee
What does a $400 GnR and or Motley Crue shirt look like?

Axl One in a Million tee with GNR Lies on back, AFD shirt skull with needle. Crüe GGG Harley Davidson look with band on front and LA CRÜE on back
LAglamrocker wrote:
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm I have spent thousands, in reality, tens of thousands over time...

$tEvil

Originals? As in, t-shirts we printed 3+ decades ago?

Most bands don''t have stock, 30 years later of a print from that time. Just sayin'

$tEvil
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:06 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm

$tEvil

Originals? As in, t-shirts we printed 3+ decades ago?

Most bands don''t have stock, 30 years later of a print from that time. Just sayin'

$tEvil
I was hoping you had a special stash of them 😃😃😃
LAglamrocker wrote:
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I paid $400 on eBay for a personally jizzed-in Tuff shirt from the first tour.
War_in_D
Taking Music Lessons

Post by War_in_D »

Probably $30 or so. I happened to see a Quireboys t-shirt at a thrift store here in town last week. It was from 1993 and priced at $120 CDN.

I was wondering what sort of dummy would buy that.

I guess I know now...
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I have 3 Tuff original shirts stored safely

Gone one reserved for each grunge kid from Nirvana-Pearl Jam and Soundgarden- each kid enjoys some happiness in life

It’s almost more fun to strike out on shirts. At one of Poison shows at Gibson Amp I saw dude in Lillian Axe Poetic Justice tour shirt. I asked him I would give him 150$ and any shirt at Poison merch stand. He thought over it then politely said “no”. He told me about the tour he saw then I told him I saw Psychoschizophrenia tour.

Recently I regret not getting Green Jelly shirt- new with 3 pigs on it
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

LAglamrocker wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:22 pm I have 3 Tuff original shirts stored safely

Gone one reserved for each grunge kid from Nirvana-Pearl Jam and Soundgarden- each kid enjoys some happiness in life

It’s almost more fun to strike out on shirts. At one of Poison shows at Gibson Amp I saw dude in Lillian Axe Poetic Justice tour shirt. I asked him I would give him 150$ and any shirt at Poison merch stand. He thought over it then politely said “no”. He told me about the tour he saw then I told him I saw Psychoschizophrenia tour.

Recently I regret not getting Green Jelly shirt- new with 3 pigs on it
I love that move! I have done same! Offered people money for tee. The one time I did that the gentleman declined as well. Vintage shirts are so much fun. Just got a 3x Danger Danger 1990 shirt back from dry cleaner. White tee says NAUGHTY NAUGHTY on back, thought it would be smaller as a 3x from 1990 thought would fit like XL or maybe XXL but this thing is massive! Oh well I’ll rock it to bed!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

35 € for Autobahn t-shirt at a Kraftwerk show.
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

Aerosmith played Melbourne in 1990, my mate Neil was wearing a Charlotte and the Harlottes t shirt.
Bloke offered him $200 for it, he declined.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Hey, Mattie, I have a one of a kind "Stevie Rachelle Cocked Blocked Me" TUFF shirt that I'll sell you. It's a medium, though. Authorized by the CEO himself. Heck, he sent me the logo.

@ Stevie...you need to sell those.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

Sebastian is offering a bundle with a t-shirt and his new album for 80 bucks. https://shopus.reigningphoenixmusic.com ... tee-bundle
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Back around 88 or so was when they went to $20. That's when I was out. Switched to bootlegs.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

prob $50
The power of Sludge compels you.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

It seems like $40 is abut as cheap as it gets at a show? I can't remember paying anything more than $50.

Some of the bootleg shirts are better than ones you get at the show, and 1/4 the price. I have some that are still in good shape years later.

Wearing KILLERS Joshua Tree today (from Ohana, not a bootleg, forget price but nothing crazy)

It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!