Cheap Trick 2024

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Cheap Trick 2024

Post by BernieTaupson »

https://youtu.be/ut1z_iW8QIM?si=1KQcWXoEfl_QXmfH

How long have they had a backup guitarist?

Rick kinda sucks now.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Cheap Trick 2024

Post by TooOldToCare »

Whatever Rick was doing during the intro rivaled Paul Stanley's solo from the Animalize video.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 pm https://youtu.be/ut1z_iW8QIM?si=1KQcWXoEfl_QXmfH

How long have they had a backup guitarist?

Rick kinda sucks now.
I saw them about two years ago, in May 2022, and they were a 5-piece, with Robin’s kid on 2nd guitar and helping out on vocals.
steviedoes
Recording Debut Album

Post by steviedoes »

I know that it's a common thing here to knock Rick's playing, calling him "sloppy" and whatever. And that's fine. I actually like the slop. But he really has lost a step or three in the last five years or so. I saw The Nielsen Trust in 2021, and it was very obvious Rick isn't what he used to be. Although what stands out to me in the recent video (and RTZ has been with Cheap Trick since at least 2018) is Robin's vocals, especially on "The Flame". He hasn't been the same since around 2020 either. And that's not talked about as much as Rick's decline.
New Fuzzruckus single "I Never Liked You The Way You Thought I Did" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkS904a ... t1cw%3D%3D
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Yeah that’s what I was getting at. I’m not a huge CT guy but I had some videos back in the day and he didn’t use to play like that at all.
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

During IWYTWM he messes up a solo and then shakes his head at Tom and holds up his hand like "This fucking thing!". I'm guessing he has arthritis.

Honestly though, i'm watching this video and still really enjoying it, even taken down a peg or two by age they sound better than most other bands.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

steviedoes wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am I know that it's a common thing here to knock Rick's playing, calling him "sloppy" and whatever. And that's fine. I actually like the slop. But he really has lost a step or three in the last five years or so. I saw The Nielsen Trust in 2021, and it was very obvious Rick isn't what he used to be. Although what stands out to me in the recent video (and RTZ has been with Cheap Trick since at least 2018) is Robin's vocals, especially on "The Flame". He hasn't been the same since around 2020 either. And that's not talked about as much as Rick's decline.
on the video posted robin sounds great on the flame. hits all the high notes although his kid's vocal is probably mixed in there too.