Rare live bootleg of my band - did we kick ass?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Re: Rare live bootleg of my band - did we kick ass?

Post by BernieTaupson »

The 4NonBlondes thing is okay, in a deliberately quirky way. Like Manson doing that Eurythmics cover.

That being said, the singing sounds like Wesley Willis, especially in the end hey hey part.

The vocal on the next song sounds like it’s been punched in?

Is the audience noise overdubbed? I doubt there were that many people at Billiards & Cues, let alone anyone cheering.

Disappointed the Buffy The Vampire Slayer song wasn’t done.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:28 pm The 4NonBlondes thing is okay, in a deliberately quirky way. Like Manson doing that Eurythmics cover.
Oh, the song that put Manson on the map? The song that made that garbage album "Smells like Children" go fucking platinum singlehandedly?

Yes, they are 2 peas in a pod.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

You’ve drawn a false equivalence.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:28 pm The 4NonBlondes thing is okay, in a deliberately quirky way. Like Manson doing that Eurythmics cover.
Oh, the song that put Manson on the map? The song that made that garbage album "Smells like Children" go fucking platinum singlehandedly?

Yes, they are 2 peas in a pod.
I mean seriously, out of the corner of my eye, I could have been convinced it was you that went platinum with a single hand.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

That being said, the singing sounds like Wesley Willis, especially in the end hey hey part.

The vocal on the next song sounds like it’s been punched in?

Is the audience noise overdubbed? I doubt there were that many people at Billiards & Cues, let alone anyone cheering.

Disappointed the Buffy The Vampire Slayer song wasn’t done.
No, no punching in. It was recorded on that old style generic mono casette recorder. I did try to bring out the intro guitar to Whats up using Audacity because you could barely hear it so that part does sound different than the rest of the recording

I think you guys have the wrong idea about Billiards and Cues in Rancho Cucamonga. It's like Warehouse size divided in half. One half has something like I don't know 20 pool tables the other half has a stage and it's huge. On weekends theyd get like five bands to play each night and they'd pack the place. That was good to play. This place called Angel's Roadhouse in Yucaipa was amazing probably the best production I'd ever dealt with massive stage. I played the Galaxy in Santa Ana a few times where all the national acts come in and that's awesome too.
You guys can criticize that's cool. Because when you do I'm already on to something else. I don't know what I do with myself if I wasnt working on music. I know there's at least some merit in everything I do. And as many Clunkers as you guys claim are in my catalog I can match them with songs that you would be hard-pressed to criticize.
But especially at my age I get nothing out of it. I know it, nobody gives a f***. At all. But I always have Concepts and I like to see them through.. That's a basic kind of pride did anybody could achieve.

And yes I am both delusional and trolling. Of course in the back of my mind is the knowledge that anything is possible. I'm pretty much a pessimist. But from early grave to fleshGod's to my first solo thing to vintage quixotic to Old Damage to White Dope and now my Masterwork in progress, HellDefy, that's a lot of stuff I've got on the wall who knows maybe something will stick. Probably not
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pmI don't know what I do with myself if I wasnt working on music.
You should probably find out.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

SW
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by SW »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm And as many Clunkers as you guys claim are in my catalog I can match them with songs that you would be hard-pressed to criticize.
So it's intentional you only deliver us the so-called b-sides?
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 am Image
Ha! That's cool.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Sleek wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 am
Don't Damn Me wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pmI don't know what I do with myself if I wasnt working on music.
You should probably find out.
That's weird.

Why?

Nevermind. I know why. You're a cunt.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 am Image
I find it amusing that, since the Book of Souls is fairly new and prolly had a lot of promo online, all Eddie's made by AI have that Maori makeup on them.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

I preferred your cover of ozzy with your teenage band. You should post that again. That was a cool blast from the past
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I’d like to hear some of your solo stuff.

You could play at a Veterans Hospital just come out play the guitar sing some songs and tell some jokes.

All the while listening to the veterans yell out leave us alone we’re in enough pain would be hilarious.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

You managed to outsuck Stonebreed, congrats, thats no easy feat.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:46 pm I find it amusing that, since the Book of Souls is fairly new and prolly had a lot of promo online, all Eddie's made by AI have that Maori makeup on them.
TIL that mayans are maoris.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

It's a false equivalence!!
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:50 pm It's a false equivalence!!
When are we going to hang out, Huey? I know you're chill beneath the schtick. How about Amoeba sometime?