How much do touring musicians get paid?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Re: How much do touring musicians get paid?

Post by ijwthstd »

cowpins wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:03 am
SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:02 pm This honestly sounds frighteningly low to play music for a living at that level. Even “doing what you love”.
Was thinking the same thing, then thought about how many touring musicians these country bands have. That's a whole lot of people to transport around and accommodate. But to your point, doing a 90 show run is only 45K on the HIGH end of $500 a show, and that does seem low to be out with some of the acts that he mentioned who you'd think were getting a pretty decent guarantee. But what do I know. I buy vinyl from the Tuff dude.
A lot of country tours are weekends only or 3 shows a week.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:02 pm This honestly sounds frighteningly low to play music for a living at that level. Even “doing what you love”.
I don't see why. When you buy a ticket you're paying for some combination of seeing a specific person or persons, a "band" and/or songs.

If you don't care who the guy is playing second guitar along side *insert famous person here*, why should they?
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Some people like myself like to be gone 10 months out of the year and it’s what we’ve been doing since teenagers. In all honestly, if it’s about money this isn’t the right business unless you’re the 5% who have the luxury of finding a balance.
KISStian
Saving Up For a Guitar

Post by KISStian »

My neice's fil plays bass for a Mark Knopfler and, just by visting the house a few times, I can say he's doing quite well. :D