FALLING DOWN - UPDATE w/VIDEO ... FPC bassist falls out of Bus, Suffers Broken Arm, LAG's Johnny Martin saves tour!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

FALLING DOWN - UPDATE w/VIDEO ... FPC bassist falls out of Bus, Suffers Broken Arm, LAG's Johnny Martin saves tour!

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

FALLEN PUSSYCAT …
Danny Nordahl of Faster Pussycat falls out of Tour Bus and Suffers a Broken Arm, his replacement is L.A. Guns bassist Johnny Martin
https://metalsludge.tv/fallen-pussycat- ... ny-martin/

$ludge
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Thu May 02, 2024 1:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Re: Faster Pussycat’s Danny Nordahl has Suffered a Broken Arm on tour, his replacement is Johnny Martin of L.A. Guns

Post by gtshark1 »

Faster Guns. Best version would be:

Taime
AVJ
Michael Grant
Kweens
Chad
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Faster Pussycat’s Danny Nordahl has Suffered a Broken Arm on tour, his replacement is Johnny Martin of L.A. Guns

Post by eddie lee roth »

That earlier header into the drum riser is a all time Sludge classic.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Danny pass out onstage and fall into the bass drum again? :lol:
The power of Sludge compels you.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Having all LA Guns members on speed dial takes up all the storage space even on biggest IPhone
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: FALLING DOWN > Faster Pussycat bassist falls out of Bus & Suffers a Broken Arm, his replacement is LAG's Johnny Mart

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I have been updated... kind of...

Word is... he had a few cocktails... and fell out of the tour bus...

In short... walking down the stairs, or whatever... and he took a header!

#shocking

$ludge
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Re: FALLING DOWN > Faster Pussycat bassist falls out of Tour Bus & Suffers a Broken Arm, replacement is LAG's Johnny Mar

Post by ijwthstd »

How do they still afford a tour bus?
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Ralph2
Taking Music Lessons

Re: FALLING DOWN > Faster Pussycat bassist falls out of Tour Bus & Suffers a Broken Arm, replacement is LAG's Johnny Mar

Post by Ralph2 »

These guys are doing much bigger bz than people think.............
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Ralph2 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:09 am These guys are doing much bigger bz than people think.............
THIS!

ALL of the bands are... and it's another reason I laugh when I see the haters talking smack.

This includes the haters on FB, other social media, etc... making derogatory comments, etc... and those talking sh!t, are all sitting at home.

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Thu May 02, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

LAglamrocker wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:23 am Having all LA Guns members on speed dial takes up all the storage space even on biggest IPhone
😂😂😂
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Re: FALLING DOWN > Faster Pussycat bassist falls out of Bus & Suffers a Broken Arm, his replacement is LAG's Johnny Mart

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:43 am Word is... he had a few cocktails... and fell out of the tour bus...
I've met the guy a few times and know people who have hung out with him. I don't think he's ever sober! Nice guy but messy! The clip of him falling onstage and Taime laughing just shows you how bad it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NOQr_iy0DI
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

ijwthstd wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:04 am How do they still afford a tour bus?

They take MINIMUM off days... look at the schedule... there are only 2 off days over the month of May!

And the 1st week was 6 shows in 7 days... so... in a nutshell, 30 shows and 3 off-days.

The cost of going on tour is A LOT and every off day, you're burning money, for the band, crew, rentals, rooms, food, gas, etc...

5/2- Beacon Theater- Hopewell, VA (with Stephen Pearcy)
5/3- Anchor Rock Club- Atlantic City, NJ*
5/4- Dunellen Theater- Dunellen, NJ*
5/5- M3 Festival- Columbia, MD (FP Only)
5/6- Buntsy’s Band Stand- Rochester, NY*
5/7- The Winchester- Cleveland, OH*
5/9- The Paramount- Ashland, KY*
5/10- Machine Shop- Flint, MI*
5/11- Blue Note- Harrison, OH*
5/12- Pieres- Fort Wayne, IN*
5/14- Venue Event Center- Cadillac, MI*
5/15- Dannenberger Vineyards- New Berlin, IL*
5/16- Revival Music Hall- Peoria, IL*
5/17- Route 47 Pub- Minneapolis, MN*
5/18- Beaver Bottoms Saloon- Fountain, MN*
5/19- The Vixen- McHenry, IL*
5/20- Diamond Music Hall- St. Peter’s, MO+
5/21- 1867 Bar- Lincoln, NE+
5/22- Little Bear Live- Evergreen, CO+
5/23- Herman’s Hideaway- Denver, CO+
5/24- Leatherheads- Draper, UT+
5/25- Blackbird Bar- Cedar City, UT (FP Only)
5/26- The 44- Glendale, AZ (FP Only)

Also... my guess is... Taime offers the guys a flat fee/pay, per show, or per week... and they likely get limited hotels the same.

The bus is essentially their motel/hotel for the next month... and if they get a room, it's likely a room, that everyone shares, to shower, etc.

$ludge
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

"ROCK AND ROLL"
Ralph2 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:09 am These guys are doing much bigger bz than people think.............
I saw a live set of theirs the other day and they legit sounded great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At2Eczr4l7Y
aznsquirt

Re: FALLING DOWN > Faster Pussycat bassist falls out of Tour Bus, Suffers Broken Arm, replacement is LAG's Johnny Martin

Post by aznsquirt »

Anybody happen to know what ever happened to their original drummer Mark Michals?

He absolutely disappeared after getting fired in 1990. Taime said he "hasn't heard from him in years, he's probably dead" and it seems like that's the case.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Re: FALLING DOWN > Faster Pussycat bassist falls out of Tour Bus, Suffers Broken Arm, replacement is LAG's Johnny Martin

Post by ijwthstd »

aznsquirt wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am Anybody happen to know what ever happened to their original drummer Mark Michals?

He absolutely disappeared after getting fired in 1990. Taime said he "hasn't heard from him in years, he's probably dead" and it seems like that's the case.
When I saw them on the Poison tour some dude near me claimed he was neighbors with him.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Who’s going to show on Monday night?
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

ijwthstd wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:41 am
aznsquirt wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am Anybody happen to know what ever happened to their original drummer Mark Michals?

When I saw them on the Poison tour some dude near me claimed he was neighbors with him.
Where was that?

I found an interview with Brent Muscat saying they've tried to find him and couldn't track him down, including someone hiring a detective to find him and couldn't.

And the last he'd heard of him someone said he was walking around L.A. asking people where CBGB's is. Erm.
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

LA Guns and Faster Pussycat members are interchangeable parts.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

aznsquirt wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:21 am "ROCK AND ROLL"
I saw a live set of theirs the other day and they legit sounded great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At2Eczr4l7Y
Yeah this is absolutely solid, I'd happily catch them live based on that footage. Really good.

New album anytime ever?
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

aznsquirt wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:50 am
ijwthstd wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:41 am

Where was that?

I found an interview with Brent Muscat saying they've tried to find him and couldn't track him down, including someone hiring a detective to find him and couldn't.

And the last he'd heard of him someone said he was walking around L.A. asking people where CBGB's is. Erm.

This would have been LA area. Usually people are pretty easy to find either way but if Michals is a stage name that would make it more difficult. He also apparently played in a band in Georgia called the Tombstones in 1992?

And from https://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=5578

KNAC.COM: When your drummer mailed himself that heroin while you guys were on the road, did it occur to you at the time that it was as dumb as it sounds right now?

TAIME: Yeah, brilliant move--it was just pathetic. What was even dumber was that Eric Stacy (former bassist, Faster Pussycat) did it the following year when he went on vacation to Pennsylvania with his girlfriend. He did the exact same thing that Mark Michals (former drummer) got busted for. Mark had been warned a million times about his heroin problem getting us in trouble. That was the final straw. That was also Eric’s warning. Then the same thing happened to Eric a year later. He went out and did the exact same thing. That’s how fuckin’ bright he is. That’s why he was eliminated from the band too.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

VIDEO UPDATE from FPC...

Video shows a sling, Danny with a scab on his knee (from the fall, or other? lol) and Johnny Martin appears!

https://metalsludge.tv/fallen-pussycat- ... ith-video/

$ludge
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

ijwthstd wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:37 pm
This would have been LA area. Usually people are pretty easy to find either way but if Michals is a stage name that would make it more difficult. He also apparently played in a band in Georgia called the Tombstones in 1992?

And from https://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=5578
Good catch on the Tombstones, that would match up with what Brent said in the same interview that one time back in the day (this would have been 1992) they were playing a club in Atlanta and Mark randomly showed up in the crowd.

From the little bit I could dig, I'm pretty sure his last name was Michalsky. The last record I can find of him living in LA is an apartment..... in 1990, haha.

And yeah, there aren't very many leads beyond that, other than I found a relative listed with him who lives in L.A. and has a different last name, and a listing showing Mark going by that last name at some point. Shrug.

That person is almost as hard to track down, they tried to file a name change to a very bizarre name in 2019 and it was denied because he's "still on parole", haha. And his listed address at the time was a halfway house.

The lack of info out there leads me to believe he just disappeared one day. Outside of contacting the person I mentioned who may be a relative of his and asking, I think it's a dead end.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Thought they reported he died a couple years back?