Bon Jovi | Only Lonely | | Philadelphia 2010

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Bon Jovi | Only Lonely | | Philadelphia 2010

Post by ParaDime77 »

Great song, Live from 2010. Fucking Richie, man. Full swag. The outro solo with the ride cymbal, glorious Jon is fooling around in 2024 without Richie in the band.

https://youtu.be/hkExalz68Wk?si=WSTiqSlZ0JHnBo7Y
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Rocker4Real
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Re: Bon Jovi | Only Lonely | | Philadelphia 2010

Post by Rocker4Real »

How much pain does it take?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

One of their best songs. Crowd reaction was better than I expected.

Richie was definitely the rock star in the band.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Rocker4Real
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Rocker4Real »

The original single has Always Run To You as the B-side. That would be a nice collectors item to have.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Remastered audio. The guitar solo sounds killer.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

I was there for this. I wasn’t too surprised my friend and I were the only people in our section who knew the song.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Very cool. They were whipping out all kinds of stuff they hadn't touched in years on this tour. "Let It Rock"... "Living In Sin"... etc.

You won't see John Shanks playing those songs.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Ozzy Stradlin
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

7800 was my first Bon Jovi album, so I’m still partial to it.

Thanks for posting.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Richie has 2 new songs available … I Pray and Livin Alone.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Mister Freeze wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 pm Very cool. They were whipping out all kinds of stuff they hadn't touched in years on this tour. "Let It Rock"... "Living In Sin"... etc.

You won't see John Shanks playing those songs.
Yup, but they gave playing these deep cuts fairly quicky. Remember JBJ saying he could see people using it as a bathroom break.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

daveg wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:04 am Yup, but they gave playing these deep cuts fairly quicky. Remember JBJ saying he could see people using it as a bathroom break.
I'm pretty sure that was "The Circle" tour. They didn't do any pre-Slippery songs at the show I saw. But I'll tell you...talk about "bathroom break"... during the new songs When We Were Beautiful and Love's the Only Rule in particular, I'm pretty sure people got up and asked for a refund. It was DEAD! Those songs did not go over well at all.

Ironically a song that got a lot of flack (Work for the Working Man) went over really well but We Weren't Born to Follow seems like the only song from that album that stayed in the set over the years.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

great tune but there must be a better performance than jon following the telestrator for the whole song.
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

mrsnikkisixx wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:45 pm I was there for this. I wasn’t too surprised my friend and I were the only people in our section who knew the song.
Well, some chick at the beginning of that video basically start orgasming when she realizes which song is being played.

Is that you or your friend?
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:04 am great tune but there must be a better performance than jon following the telestrator for the whole song.
I found that clip boring. I haven't seen them since the Keep the Faith tour, but the first thing I noticed was the lack of motion on the stage and the "sanitized" sound before I bailed out. It didn't have any edge. This was 2010, not 2020, and it was still yawn-inducing. Everyone from the 80s is getting old or having vocal issues. All aside, why can't they still play with a more raw sound rather than a lite-rock radio sound?

Is it the over-production at the board? If Jon's vocal surgery is moderately successful, I couldn't make it through a show with a Shank's setlist and the sanitized sound on the 80s/90s songs.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Geez, even then Jon was firmly PLANTED to the mic stand. I'd have been glad to hear the song, but it's hard to believe that this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7tQHWy1tcY

is the same performer.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:24 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:04 am great tune but there must be a better performance than jon following the telestrator for the whole song.
I found that clip boring. I haven't seen them since the Keep the Faith tour, but the first thing I noticed was the lack of motion on the stage and the "sanitized" sound before I bailed out. It didn't have any edge. This was 2010, not 2020, and it was still yawn-inducing. Everyone from the 80s is getting old or having vocal issues. All aside, why can't they still play with a more raw sound rather than a lite-rock radio sound?

Is it the over-production at the board? If Jon's vocal surgery is moderately successful, I couldn't make it through a show with a Shank's setlist and the sanitized sound on the 80s/90s songs.
Following the herd out of fear. The idea is that if they go out and play arena with a raw sound and everyone else doesn't, casual fans will think everyone else sounds good and (insert band) doesn't. Could hurt ticket sales, tour package deals, etc in theory.

Also laziness plays a role.

Then again, be carefule what you wish for.... you could go see Dokken - 100% live. :lol:
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

FreddyFender wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:24 pm Then again, be carefule what you wish for.... you could go see Dokken - 100% live. :lol:
:D Point noted.

I first saw them on the Slippery Tour at their pinnacle. After Crush, I tapped out. I had forgotten I saw them on that tour (for the last time).
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Watch some concert Jon videos from 2018+, the dude looks like he’s having a stroke or seizure when he’s trying to sing … one eye goes right, one eye goes left … it’s scary to watch … retire.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:43 pm Geez, even then Jon was firmly PLANTED to the mic stand. I'd have been glad to hear the song, but it's hard to believe that this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7tQHWy1tcY

is the same performer.
This is a question Id love somebody to ask JBJ (missing from doc) is why he suddenly stopped moving at all. He's in great shape still & doesnt need to move like he's 27, but he's basically a clone of Taime Downe.
Was it after the 95 tour that he quit moving or was it earlier?? It was definately by Crush
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

He can’t move and sing at the same time now, it’s one or the other.

The last few tours he’s straining so hard to sing standing still it looks like he’s going to explode.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:20 pm He can’t move and sing at the same time now, it’s one or the other.

The last few tours he’s straining so hard to sing standing still it looks like he’s going to explode.
I assumed that's what it was, possibly something with him having to "re-learn" how to sing or whatever after he blew out his voice on the Slippery\New Jersey tours.

I guess not everyone can be Dee Snider or Alice Cooper.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.