Valerie: "Eddie was not a soulmate"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Valerie: "Eddie was not a soulmate"

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

https://consequence.net/2024/05/valerie ... -soulmate/
Following the Paramount+ premiere of the new Wolfgang Van Halen episode of Behind the Music on Thursday (May 2nd), his mom, Valerie Bertinelli, has opened up about her tumultuous marriage to Eddie Van Halen. The actress posted a video on Instagram, admitting that she had turned her relationship with the late rock star into “some sort of fantasy, soulmate recreation of history.”

“I was finally able to watch Wolfie’s Behind the Music,” began Bertinelli. “It was not easy. I’d stopped it many times because it was just too brutal to watch for many reasons. One, seeing Wolfie’s pain. Two, seeing what a better job I could have done as a parent even though he turned out magnificently. I made a lot of mistakes.”

She continued, “And three, seeing what I had turned of Ed’s and my relationship — into some sort of fantasy, soulmate recreation of history.”

Bertinelli went on, “I fell in love with him when I was 20, and it rapidly declined into drugs, and alcohol, and infidelity. Nothing that makes you feel loved and wanted and cared for. Nothing that would scream soulmate, that’s for sure.”

She concluded, “But after Ed died, I was more than willing to put myself in the grieving widow category for a man that I hadn’t lived with for 20 years. What we had together was this beautiful son that we both unconditionally loved. That’s what I got out of that marriage was Wolfie, the best thing that ever happened to me. Not a soulmate.”

The Wolfgang episode of Behind the Music is now available to stream via Paramount+. Fans can also catch Wolfgang on the road during his extensive tour with his band Mammoth WVH. They kick off a new headlining spring US tour on Saturday (May 4th), followed by dates supporting Metallica, Foo Fighters, and Creed throughout the rest of the year. Pick up tickets to Mammoth WVH’s upcoming tour dates here.
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Valerie: "Eddie was not a soulmate"

Post by AlexVonHaig »

She mentions infidelity. Schnieder?
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:08 am She mentions infidelity. Schnieder?
He had the keys to her heart
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

I'm glad she is admitting that her behavior after Ed died was batshit fucking insane.

Ed had a wife, and her name wasn't Valerie. Val was married to another man.

This is because she's met someone new, now. So it's back to telling us what a piece of shit Ed was. She really is mentally unwell.
stevo
Headlining Clubs

Post by stevo »

Attention seeking morbidly obese twat
HMZ said:
KISS Sonic Boom. Even Van Halen III is better than A Different Kind of Truth. :lol:
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Post by Brainy Lane »

stevo wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:01 am Attention seeking morbidly obese twat
Yep.
She’s the reason Wolfgang is a morbidly obese twat too
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

I wish both she and Sammie would just STFU already.
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

It was the original drummer for the band Private Life.
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

Van Ailin' wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:22 pm
It was the original drummer for the band Private Life.

The way I heard it was it was a foursome with Schnieder, the drummer for Private Life and JJ from Good Times.
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Wait til she busts up with her current bf and does another million dollar book deal for another book all about Ed, it’ll be back to soulmate again.

Fuck her and fuck her son Chunknuts Van Halen, they’ve just exploited the fuck out of Ed since he died.

Hey I’m doing my own thing it’s nothing to do with VH and it’s not for VH fans, oh by the way here I am holding up Ed’s old guitar that I used on half the record and I’ll call it the same name as Ed’s old band and I’ll call the first song Mr Ed and I’ll put his photo in the gatefold and do a tearjerker music video with Ed all over it so my first song goes viral and I’ll go on Stern to officially talk about Ed and play two tracks from my new album that totally coincidentally is coming out next week after I’m totally coincidentally on Stern, how convenient!

Wouldn’t surprise me if Wolf was the one who suggested he could play bass and they didn’t need Mike anymore.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

She made out with Chandler from Friends while Ed was passed out drunk in the same room.

Ed was never faithful, he was banging the wife of the guy who he had his guitar line with, Sterling Ball. That’s the real reason he switched to Peavey in the late 90s.
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:27 pm

Ed was never faithful, he was banging the wife of the guy who he had his guitar line with, Sterling Ball. That’s the real reason he switched to Peavey in the late 90s.

Shit I've never heard this (about him leaving Ernie Ball). Interesting.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Val confirmed that in a book. "Sleeping with guitar executives wife" was the verbiage.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

I don't think marrying Val slowed Eddie down one bit. I used to know a girl he banged backstage on one of the Van Hagar tours. She said it was all very perfunctory...bent her over a sink, did his bit and took off. Average day for Ed.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

At least they produced the thrice-sized salvation to the death of rock and roll. For Christ's sake, Wolfie, get some goddamn Ozempic.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Chicks, man. She inappropriately grieved for him when he died, as if they were still together, but now it's his fault his shortcomings meant they werent really lovebirds.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:52 pm Wait til she busts up with her current bf and does another million dollar book deal for another book all about Ed, it’ll be back to soulmate again.

Fuck her and fuck her son Chunknuts Van Halen, they’ve just exploited the fuck out of Ed since he died.

Hey I’m doing my own thing it’s nothing to do with VH and it’s not for VH fans, oh by the way here I am holding up Ed’s old guitar that I used on half the record and I’ll call it the same name as Ed’s old band and I’ll call the first song Mr Ed and I’ll put his photo in the gatefold and do a tearjerker music video with Ed all over it so my first song goes viral and I’ll go on Stern to officially talk about Ed and play two tracks from my new album that totally coincidentally is coming out next week after I’m totally coincidentally on Stern, how convenient!

Wouldn’t surprise me if Wolf was the one who suggested he could play bass and they didn’t need Mike anymore.
Ehh, I think that was Pop's idea, he'd been trying to get Sauce out of the band since 1980, and him being BFFs with Spazzy was the last straw. There was no way that he was cutting him in on all that sweet reunion cash.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.