Vince caught lip syncing last night *video*

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Vince caught lip syncing last night *video*

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

Around the 1:02 mark. Enjoy - https://youtu.be/cBlf0gQSud4?si=RS71kH6Ww-i4VwhH

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Vince caught lip syncing last night *video*

Post by MattleyCrue »

I saw this in the morning before work and I thought it looked suspect but who cares at this point. Vince looks a lot better and this is an awesome song for the Crüe to play again! It is what it is I’m just glad they’re out there. Doesn’t bother me it the vocals are piped in or not Crüe is still around in 2024 is what matters
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Michael Hotts Ghost
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

I see where the vocal keeps going and he's not singing but could it just be delay...? I mean the vocal completely sucks. If you were going to lip sync, wouldn't you at least make it passable? It's like why bother syncing if it sucks equally as bad as what he would sound like normal. Not saying he's not syncing but it's just weird.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

He just doesn’t care.
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by inextrem »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:10 pm I saw this in the morning before work and I thought it looked suspect but who cares at this point. Vince looks a lot better and this is an awesome song for the Crüe to play again! It is what it is I’m just glad they’re out there. Doesn’t bother me it the vocals are piped in or not Crüe is still around in 2024 is what matters
Yeah, not being dead also matters, fuck all the rest.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Michael Hotts Ghost wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:28 pm I see where the vocal keeps going and he's not singing but could it just be delay...? I mean the vocal completely sucks. If you were going to lip sync, wouldn't you at least make it passable? It's like why bother syncing if it sucks equally as bad as what he would sound like normal. Not saying he's not syncing but it's just weird.
That's because it isn't lip syncing, just a pile of effects. And Vince sucks balls. People don't know the difference.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

LOL yeah, that's not an effect or delay - the vocals aren't live. He barely opens his mouth for half a second and a long note with vibrato on it comes out? Come on.

Also... why in God's name would they dust off and pretend to play that piece of shit song? :lol:
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

On with the show is a really good song. Prefer to hear it more than don't go away mad which it replaced.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

There’s just something with the band that makes them so unlikeable. They seem to despise their fans, they seem to dislike each other (exept that they all like John 5) and they seem to dislike playing music.
I used to be a huge fan in the 80’s. Nikki & Tommy were the coolest rockstars on the planet and they had some killer songs (”Shout At The Devil” is one of my all time favourite albums) but around ”Dr. Feelgood” I lost interest and it seems like the band lost interest in everything as well, except making money.
Was it because of Tommy rising to the celebrity A-list when hooking up with Pamela Anderson?
Was it Nikki quitting drugs?
Was it something else or everything hitting the shitter simultaneously?
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:10 pm I saw this in the morning before work and I thought it looked suspect but who cares at this point. Vince looks a lot better and this is an awesome song for the Crüe to play again! It is what it is I’m just glad they’re out there. Doesn’t bother me it the vocals are piped in or not Crüe is still around in 2024 is what matters
I don't t understand this at all. You'd rather have Karaoke Crue than none at all? Why not just watch a live video on YouTube from when they had energy amd attitude and no tapes? There's no real difference and it's a lot cheaper.
endstand

Post by endstand »

Vince is constantly out of time and the rhythm of his vocal lines are all over the place. I seriously doubt that’s a track since why then do such a hack job with it. So I am positive Vince could not mime to that.

But sure, ”my my my” part on the other hand probably is canned like other high parts (and we don’t have to even talk about the ancient topic of background vocals).

Some auto tune and tons of effects are also used obviously.
kanister
Headlining Clubs

Post by kanister »

FreddyFender wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:13 pm LOL yeah, that's not an effect or delay - the vocals aren't live. He barely opens his mouth for half a second and a long note with vibrato on it comes out? Come on.

Also... why in God's name would they dust off and pretend to play that piece of shit song? :lol:
To me it sounds like most lines are live but they have doubled the ending ma ma ma with a backing track.

The band seems so unenthusiastic they should hire Frehley to replace John 5. He would fit better. The look like this was filmed in a sound check.

And what's with the dildo on Tommy`s riser :)
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

endstand wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:30 am Vince is constantly out of time and the rhythm of his vocal lines are all over the place. I seriously doubt that’s a track since why then do such a hack job with it. So I am positive Vince could not mime to that.

But sure, ”my my my” part on the other hand probably is canned like other high parts (and we don’t have to even talk about the ancient topic of background vocals).

Some auto tune and tons of effects are also used obviously.
Yeah, sorry, the "my my my" part is absolutely canned, but the rest is live, and wow it's bad.

And yeah, it's weird how unenthusiastic they are. It does look like a fucked up soundcheck.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Also, it's funny how Vince says at the end that they haven't played that song since 1981.

Sir, Setlist.fm would like a word.

It's an odd song choice esp given they only played a 14 song set, and how unenthusiastic they seem, haha.
kytepunches
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by kytepunches »

If you buy a ticket to Motley Crüe in 2024 and feel like you have been swindled some how. You sir are a sucker and probably an idiot.
They have been a complete sham since Vince came back.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Zinny wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:33 am There’s just something with the band that makes them so unlikeable. They seem to despise their fans, they seem to dislike each other (exept that they all like John 5) and they seem to dislike playing music.

Yeah, the sentimental affection is missing - the kind you'd get at a Bon Jovi show, for example. And that's the last thing you want to lose when you're an oldies act.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Completely canned...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
VincentVanWinger
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by VincentVanWinger »

Motley Crue is the office dude who hates his job and his coworkers but the money is too good to quit. Thing is they will all be dead in 15 years and you can't take it with you and I doubt any of them are gonna do anything good with it like build a school of rock in some inner city or donate millions of dollars to some high school music department. They only care about themselves which fine. It's their money but I can't see why they do this when they clearly aren't into it anymore. I get retirement can be boring but this clearly isn't the thrill they need anymore. It's weird. Tommy could be a rapper. Nikki could be writing for other bands. John can go back with Rob and Vince can play the rib fest circuit. The world doesn't need MC anymore if it ever did.

I have to believe the people buying these tickets are NPCs. Nobody with any sense is looking at this and thinking that's a damn fine way to spend $300 on a night out. Especially given most of the people at a Crüe show in 2024 are 50+ and have seen them 5 times already. Like are you that desperate?
Metal Judge
Headlining Clubs

Post by Metal Judge »

They ALL look like shit.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

VincentVanWinger wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:52 pm Motley Crue is the office dude who hates his job and his coworkers but the money is too good to quit. Thing is they will all be dead in 15 years and you can't take it with you and I doubt any of them are gonna do anything good with it like build a school of rock in some inner city or donate millions of dollars to some high school music department. They only care about themselves which fine. It's their money but I can't see why they do this when they clearly aren't into it anymore. I get retirement can be boring but this clearly isn't the thrill they need anymore. It's weird. Tommy could be a rapper. Nikki could be writing for other bands. John can go back with Rob and Vince can play the rib fest circuit. The world doesn't need MC anymore if it ever did.

I have to believe the people buying these tickets are NPCs. Nobody with any sense is looking at this and thinking that's a damn fine way to spend $300 on a night out. Especially given most of the people at a Crüe show in 2024 are 50+ and have seen them 5 times already. Like are you that desperate?
Yes.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Between the Lio sun Jung with zero effort behind it and John5 on guitar, this whole operation sucks to high hell. John may be a really nice guy, but him being in this band fits about as well as Samantha Maloney did. End the expirment.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

Vince lacks any energy whatsoever. The last time he demonstrated any enthusiasm on stage was arguably 2005.
skinni

Post by skinni »

They certainly are not as radiant and youthful as they were in the 80's and 90's.

They're aging gracefully in their early to mid 60s - overall, they look fantastic.

Personally, I like the sound with John 5.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

skinni wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:59 pm They certainly are not as radiant and youthful as they were in the 80's and 90's.

They're aging gracefully in their early to mid 60s - overall, they look fantastic.

Personally, I like the sound with John 5.
Once Botox and facelifts enter the picture, "aging gracefully" is out the window. And that's not to mention Nikki's wig.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:23 pm Between the Lio sun Jung with zero effort behind it and John5 on guitar, this whole operation sucks to high hell. John may be a really nice guy, but him being in this band fits about as well as Samantha Maloney did. End the expirment.
Also, wtf is up with his “hair?”
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:03 pm *

Around the 1:02 mark. Enjoy - https://youtu.be/cBlf0gQSud4?si=RS71kH6Ww-i4VwhH

It's just an echo effect.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

VincentVanWinger wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:52 pm I have to believe the people buying these tickets are NPCs. Nobody with any sense is looking at this and thinking that's a damn fine way to spend $300 on a night out. Especially given most of the people at a Crüe show in 2024 are 50+ and have seen them 5 times already. Like are you that desperate?
You’ve just summed up the entire “dinosaur” touring circuit. Scab Eagles lipsynching, Frankie Valli lipsynching, scab Foreigner, KISS with two fakes and lipsynching, Crüe sounding and looking like total shit, Heart with a bunch of scabs and Ann sounding like shit … just about every oldies band now is total embarrassing crap. Elton has been embarrassing for twenty years. But they still sell out every night and the YouTube comments are filled with stupid boomers oblivious to even BLATANT lipsynching saying “oh he’s still got it!”

You summed it up brilliantly.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

VincentVanWinger wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:52 pm. I get retirement can be boring but this clearly isn't the thrill they need anymore. It's weird. Tommy could be a rapper. Nikki could be writing for other bands. John can go back with Rob and Vince can play the rib fest circuit. The world doesn't need MC anymore if it ever did.
where's the thrill in tommy rapping in clubs to crue fans that want to hear crue songs? writing for others? no thrill. rob has a guitarist. vince is probably happier playing rib fests but nothing matches the thrill of playing a hockey rink where people paid to see YOU and you make some bank. that's the only reason tommy is still in crue.
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

I’m pretty sure they are piping in just the really high parts like Paul Stanley did parts of verses. Sounds like shit the whole song except for the toughest to sing parts….fuck that shit.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

def, the my my my's are piped in and he is reading the lyrics off a teleprompter. main vocal is debatable because it looks like his mouth is not quite in sync with the main vocals and another dead give away vocals are possibly fake is when they cup the mic and hid their mouth. His main vocals can't be piped in perfect because at this point everyone would know he is faking, this leaves some doubt in it.