How healthy do you think you are?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

2%
10%
2%
5%
12%
10%
17%
24%
5%
14%

Total votes: 42
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

On a scale of 1 to mojo?

1 being an utter disaster. 10 being in tip top shape.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
DemonFilth2001

Re: How healthy do you think you are?

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

An 8. Maybe higher. Not skinny or overweight. Basically perfect weight. I almost never get sick. Have never had to go to the hospital outside of repeatedly fucking up my ankles playing sports in school. Got Covid. Asymptomatic.

53. Not balding. Not very gray at all.

I credit my diet.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I do what I want when I want
Can walk 7 miles day on beach
Healthy food and lifestyle always been best choice
No stress ever- don’t worry about wife needs or brat kids futures
Tall dark handsome version of Skidrow 1990 still

Never get an E Bike- like seeing adults crash on those#entertainment

Glad I’m not Cody Rhodes
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Tue May 07, 2024 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Diet wise probably a 9. Barely drink alcohol. Rarely have fast food.

Exercise. Could be better, but above average. Probably a 7.

Body falling apart because of aging. Man getting old sucks for your body. But in good shape overall. I'm slim but issues with the right knee and a few other things. A 6 here.

So probably a 7 overall.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I woke up this morning so there’s that but first thing I did was go straight to bathroom lift up the seat and instantly started peeing on my right big toe so there’s that. Fuck this thread!
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

50, short, slightly paunchy, soft features (often mistaken for a butch lesbian)..........eat whatever I want, don't exercise, high blood pressure and would probably have a heart attack if I had to run for more than 30 seconds.
Probably a "5"
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

9, realistically 9.5. Currently in the best shape of my life, exercise 3-4x per week, barely drink alcohol, don’t smoke, probably 2/3 of what I eat is healthy/Mediterranean diet-ish.

In my 20s I’d laugh at “high on life” platitudes, now that I’m 40 I get it. These days I’ll go on vacation and eat hard and drink hard and after a couple of days I can’t wait to get home and back to my healthy routine.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Alias
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alias »

Just ran a half marathon, can still dunk a basketball at age 44, generally don't have excessive aches and pains. I enjoy delicious beer, occasionally smoke an old school tobacco pipe, but much prefer a clean diet cooked at home and a good night's sleep vs fighting off a prior night of drinking.

I've been so fortunate with my health I'm concerned that when the balance comes due, it'll be something big. So for now I just keep moving and trying to enjoy the twilight of my "youth."
What the hell was that all about?
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

An 8. Maybe higher. Not skinny or overweight. Basically perfect weight. I almost never get sick. Have never had to go to the hospital outside of some random kyste I had removed from my butt a few years ago. Never got Covid. Asymptomatic.

43. Not balding. A touch of grey just like Jerry.

I credit my diet. And copious amount of booze and running/pushups/arm-curls/skateboarding.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Ok, I guess.

I had cancer years ago, but that shit can always come back.

Also, my diet is decent. Nothing special but a simple vegan diet devoid of animal products. And I do take supplements as I am getting older and more fragile.

The first time I realized this was last year trying to walk an entire Disney Park for hours. No go.

Drugs? Occasionally. Nothing that would prevent me from getting to work on time.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I'm dropping 1 point per decade! It's true what they say. All those things you do to yourself in your 20's will come back to haunt you in your 30's and 40's!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

I get nagging injuries from working out that used to not be a problem. Looking good, eating right. Quit daily drinking, now it’s a couple beers once a week. Get almost 10k steps every day and more on weekends

On sat, two 30 year olds were walking their mountain bikes up a steep hill. I pedaled past them and felt pretty good about myself. Don’t really see a loss in strength or cardio, just more nagging injuries and soreness.

I’ll give myself an 8

(Looking forward to seeing this reposted on electric eye, hugey, you fat fuck)
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
skinni

Post by skinni »

Last time I was sick was a minor cold in the 90's.

Simple diet, exercise, no drugs, no alcohol....
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Doing pretty good having just turned 44. Get up every day at 4am and go to the gym before work. Have a second and sometimes third job freelancing. Also about to have my 3rd book published. Very busy schedule.

Still pound beers pretty well on weekends but I've cut it to only Friday happy hour/evenings and Saturdays. No drugs. No cigs. Weed occasionally.

Physical therapy/chiro adjustments every 2 weeks for some thoracic nerve damage, compressed discs in my neck, sciatica and bad shoulder AC joints. Also had a broken hip and multiple surgeries on both knees...most of all this is damage from sports injuries when I was younger.

Overall, staying active, eating clean, no fast food, limiting the sweets, no pop, no candy, low carbs. Take a Men's multivitamin, B12, C, D3, Glucosamime, Chlorphyll, Magnesium and Testosterone every morning.

Basically doing the whole moderation thing.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:50 am An 8. Maybe higher. Not skinny or overweight. Basically perfect weight. I almost never get sick. Have never had to go to the hospital outside of some random kyste I had removed from my butt a few years ago. Never got Covid. Asymptomatic.

43. Not balding. A touch of grey just like Jerry.

I credit my diet. And copious amount of booze and running/pushups/arm-curls/skateboarding.
You sound like a GOD!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Old, fat, bald, stupid, lazy and stoned. Death is nigh...
Last edited by GreatWhiteSnake on Tue May 07, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:26 pm Fat, bald, stupid, lazy and stoned. Death is nigh...
At least you can still stand up paddleboard...
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:29 pm
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:26 pm Fat, bald, stupid, lazy and stoned. Death is nigh...
At least you can still stand up paddleboard...
Haha. Asshole...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Most people think they're a lot healthier than they are.

You could probably drop the average number on here about 2.5 and probably be in the ballpark.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

aznsquirt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:57 pm Most people think they're a lot healthier than they are.

You could probably drop the average number on here about 2.5 and probably be in the ballpark.
Possibly. I bet Richie Faulkner woulda rated himself a 7 or 8 the night before he played his Painkiller solo with a heart leaking out all his blood...
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

lmaooooo
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I am definitely not the bastion of health, but I am fairly healthy. We just had our free health screening at work last month and everything's looking great. Cholesterol, testosterone, blood pressure, etc, all where they're supposed to be. I'm a healthy weight, lift three times a week, jog or bike at least twice a week, and am on my feet eight hours a day at work. Resting heart rate hovers around 60bpm, generally. 37 years old and doing pretty well.
A couple of grey hairs in my beard, but the hair on my head is completely colored, my hairline is solid and although I've been much leaner in the past, I'm still not fat.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I guess we all can take steps to be "healthier"... but in the end... when it's your time, it's game over.

Regardless of your diet, way of living, etc... some things we can't control.

$tEvil
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

When I look at my broken-assed friends who are my age, I think "Dammmmmn, I am doing great!"

I eat better than I ever have (started cooking during lockdown, and it turns out I prefer pretty basic meats and lots of veggies). I still drink a fair amount, have not suffered the whole: "BUTTT THE HANGOVERS ARE SO MUCH WORSE WHEN YOU GET OLDER" thing. I get SOME exercise, tho not as much as last year (Inspired by a few friends' weddings, I was on a dancing kick. Shit is great for you). My numbers are good, and since I lost a bit of weight last year, even my cholesterol is looking good (I take a statin and they cut the amount in half).

Still doing fucktons of stuff. Have a few creaky parts here and there, and it takes my musculature a long time to recover from a two-hour gig (just carrying a fucking 10 pound guitar over my shoulders, not doing anything fancy). I tint my beard and stay stylish. People usually do a double-take when I say I am pushing 60.

Buuuutttt...

Who fucking knows? I could have a tumor, clogged artery or aneurysm in my brain ready to burst. Time makes health probabilities close in.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:06 am I guess we all can take steps to be "healthier"... but in the end... when it's your time, it's game over.

Regardless of your diet, way of living, etc... some things we can't control.

$tEvil
What an optimistic outlook! You should write Hallmark cards.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

Just found out I have herpes.
Kajsa
Headlining Clubs

Post by Kajsa »

2. I want to die