RockNRev - Fresh & Attractive

Here's where you can rip on each other. We don't care. If any personal information gets posted about another user, we'll delete it and you'll be banned. No exceptions.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

Damsel-in-Distress wrote:Taime Downe=pork sausage in a goth wrapper.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:Wow.

You're nuttier than a goddamn pecan pie.
Dictionary.com seems to help the guy cope, so....

psy·cho·sis /saɪˈkoʊsɪs/
1. a mental disorder characterized by symptoms, such as delusions or hallucinations, that indicate impaired contact with reality.
2. any severe form of mental disorder, as schizophrenia or paranoia.

de·lu·sion /dɪˈluʒən/
1. an act or instance of deluding.
2. the state of being deluded.
3. a false belief or opinion: delusions of grandeur.
4. Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.

nar·cis·sism /ˈnɑrsəˌsɪzɛm/
1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
2. Psychoanalysis. erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.
Last edited by GrayAntiMatter on Thu May 17, 2007 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SanityClause
These Colours Don't Run
Location: Finland, Greenland, Iceland, And anwhere else RPB thinks of.

Post by SanityClause »

Gray, I think you hit the nail on the head, with those three words.
TheScootinator
Music Fan

Post by TheScootinator »

What's with all this "y'all" shit? Are you from the South, all of a sudden? Jesus. At least TRY to keep your personalities straight.
Preferring the company of dogs to most humans since 1969.
SanityClause
These Colours Don't Run

Post by SanityClause »

Well that first song is just plain fucking awful.

Now I do like this one though.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5MZJGHO-lGM& ... ed&search=
SanityClause
These Colours Don't Run

Post by SanityClause »

Sorry, I couldn't bring myself to watch the second clip of your 10 for a penny, bar band.
NickoLeeBenante
It Hurts When I Pee

Post by NickoLeeBenante »

The title of this thread reads like the slogan for a feminine hygiene product.

Which is actually really appropriate.

Carry on.
Anthrax442 wrote:Yeah, I'll take that under advisement, Mr. 88-Post-Alternym.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Well, he said he was going to do something fresh and attractive. I guess TMC's loins are safe.
JDV
The Doctor Is In

Post by JDV »

Then 10 people in the crowd look like they would rather be watching a Murder She Wrote marathon with their mothball smelling grandmother.

In the first video, that one guy takes a swig of his beer and I swear he says "I like free beer and all but having to endure this shit is a high price to pay for a free beer. "

Excellent job of self-ownage Rev. I do believe you sunk your own battleship.
JDV
The Doctor Is In

Post by JDV »

being a bounty hunter based out of Shreveport, Louisiana.

What exactly did you hunt.....midgets that left the circus while still under contract?
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?s ... =arrogance

Main Entry: ar·ro·gance
Pronunciation: 'er-&-g&n(t)s, 'a-r&-
Function: noun
: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions
ImageImage
SuchaDelite
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by SuchaDelite »

IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:Wow.

You're nuttier than a goddamn pecan pie.
Yup.
Hungwell
100 Million Hungwell Fans Can't Be Wrong

Post by Hungwell »

The Great Gecko wrote:There is no way that a hundred people that have never met each other, spread over several different boards ALL know for a FACT that I am insane.

PS. That's the last time I take gums word for it when it comes to 'husbands cheatin'. :oops:

IdiotVerdu wrote: RockNLies on this thread:

1) he didn't complain to imageshack
2) he wasn't Bauer Jack.
3) he had his friend post on his network to set up the mods
4) he knows exactly who Aqua is.
5) he paid $1200 a night for a hotel room near the airport
6) he is going to start something fresh and attractive
7) multiple people are posting under the RockNRev nym, all part of a elaborate scheme to fuck with people's heads

RockNLies on the TMC thread:

1) he saved Jack Russell from jail
2) he shared the stage with the greats
3) he makes big bucks teaching driver's ed
4) he owns his own limo company
5) he makes a lot of money and scores a lot of hot chicks

RockNDelusions

1) lizard illumanti rule the world
2) NASA faked the lunar landings
3) Bush orchestrated the 911 attacks
4) Elvis is alive, making music and living in a cave
5) Bin Laden and George Bush are step brothers
6) He isn't a total fucking loser who gets owned daily on the internet

Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

So this is how Ferris Bueller spent his day off. LOL!

Good lord. I've seen more enthusiastic people at the DMV.

So between the gas money, the candy, the free cds and hiring the stripper, its just a clip of you loosing more money.

Is that the same lead singer you threw under the bus during your riveting testimony?

The ceiling at The Station is low. Jani Lane had to duck down when he was at the front of the stage. For guys that are 5' 5, there is a little more head room.

My imaginary husband agrees.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Stop kidding yourself. Sell the equipment and put the money towards hairplugs or a tramp stamp for you mother.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Why don't you call big hair seeing that you said you know her. Call her on her imaginary cell phone and ask about my imaginary husband and the imaginary sex they had.

You would think you would have learned your lesson about lying and making stuff up by now. I'll keep bringing it up because its just another one of your looney-tunes. To go so far is to make-up a husband because you got nothing else........BAHAHAHAHAH!

As far as the condoms, why should I mention them?
Been there done that and we really didn't deal with local bands.
Last edited by Aquanetsuperhold on Thu May 17, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Plus, he uses the emotioncons more than a 12 year old girl. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: 8)
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

Why the fuck would they be throwing out merch if this "band" was just a "hobby?"

Can you answer that for me, numbnuts? If this "band" was just a hobby, why bother to spend money on merch?
Mitzi Dupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by Mitzi Dupree »

First, let me say that emoticons are the mark of someone unable to effectively communicate via the written word. Like Rev.

Second - well Jesus on a backwards zebra.

Against my better judgement, I watched those clips. Yes, in advance, I’m so owned.

Just a few observations.

1. The majority of the people in the camera’s view stand motionless for the set. Saying “oh, well, the camera’s not centered, you just can’t see the REAL fans” is about as compelling an argument as sitting your pard in front of a Sludge screen as proof that he’s “Bauer_Jack.” These are not fans. It might not be the W.A.S.P. show, but they're obviously waiting for someone else. Last song in New England for Lovin Kry? I would think a statement like that would elicit some serious love from a giant group of fans. Alas, there was minimal clapping and wooing after the last song (in fact, it seems less than after the first song, and you can hear that it's mainly from the same people), and absolutely no crowd request for an encore. Do not bother to tell me you weren't allowed an encore. That's not the point. The crowd didn't ask for one. THAT'S the point. If there was so much love, they would have been chanting for more. Shit, Goddamn, Get Off Your Ass And Jam, right? I’m not trying to be mean, just honest.

2. Clawing for merchandise? Yes, I saw a few hands in the air. Clawing? No.

There is a funny photo montage on teh intraweb of a guy moving out of his apartment in NYC. He and his friend say “shit, we’ve got all this leftover crap – a dirty blue plastic mini trash can, a half a jar of year old pickles, half a roll of toilet paper, etc.” So they decide to put this pile of trash near the front walk and see what happens. Within 3 minutes, it’s all gone.

My point is, there will be people in clubs that will jump up and try to grab a herpes-infested butt plug. There is no proof that those few hands in the air were excited about getting “LOVIN’ KRY” merch. They wanted something for free. Even if it was a half jar of year old pickles.

3. So you're a Professional Musician....

Did I hear correctly before the first song? “Johnny just got to the club 2 minutes ago.” Was that you? Late to a gig? Astro let you down? Just curious. I’m sure the excuse is fascinating. And I’m sure you’re tinkling in your panties with excitement that I asked.

What’s with the string antennae off your headstock? Did you feel it gave you a certain air of insouciance (along with the bad-idea hat)? I’m pretty sure you’re not going tell me it’s because you had to change your strings real quick since you were so late. Because, you know, tru metal pro musicians know to change their strings the night before, right? My only conclusion is that this a style that you cultivated to look “cool.”

A free tip: If you stop looking at the fret board, it won’t disappear. I promise. That is all I’m going to say on the subject, because you and I both know how you rate as a guitar player.

4. You are an average looking middle-aged man with some crippling neuroses and a lackluster employment history. There is not and never will be anything “fresh and attractive” about you, unless you somehow manage to bag Scarlett Johansson as a wife.

Your Pal,

Mitzi
(Bet you wish you'd saved some of those nifty condoms, huh? Maybe you wouldn't be posting ultrasound pictures....)
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

RockNRev wrote:I surveyed my work and said, "It is good!"
You really are crazy.

That band is hilariously bad.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Those innocent bystanders weren't clawing for his cd! LOL! They were trying to deflect them so they don't put out an eye, spill their beer, or to throw it back at them, yelling for them to get off the stage and bring on the two next local band so they can finally see the headliner. ( You know, the band that actually gets paid to perform and people actually want to see.)
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

RockNRev wrote:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:Why the fuck would they be throwing out merch if this "band" was just a "hobby?"

Can you answer that for me, numbnuts? If this "band" was just a hobby, why bother to spend money on merch?
Well, let's see, oh he with such a small mind...

I'm not a professional runner. Running is a hobby of mine, but I lay down more money for a pair of top-notch off-road running Nikes than you do on a week's worth of meals.

HOLY CRAP! THAT'S CRAZY!!! :lol: :lol:
You idiot! :lol:
I'm sure you just can't understand, poor boy. :lol:

So when you're done running, you take off your shoes and throw them to the passers-by?

As a bonus question, why do you feel the need to brag about how much money you spent on the aforementioned shoes?

SanityClause
These Colours Don't Run

Post by SanityClause »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
RockNRev wrote:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:Why the fuck would they be throwing out merch if this "band" was just a "hobby?"

Well, let's see, oh he with such a small mind...

I'm not a professional runner. Running is a hobby of mine, but I lay down more money for a pair of top-notch off-road running Nikes than you do on a week's worth of meals.

HOLY CRAP! THAT'S CRAZY!!! :lol: :lol:
You idiot! :lol:
I'm sure you just can't understand, poor boy. :lol:

So when you're done running, you take off your shoes and throw them to the passers-by?

As a bonus question, why do you feel the need to brag about how much money you spent on the aforementioned shoes?

Because he's running out of things to brag about.
JDV
The Doctor Is In

Post by JDV »

Is that a screen capture of the mothership landing?
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

RockNRev wrote:
That would NEVER happen. :lol:

I would absolutely walk out of a show where a guy in his mid-thirties is singing a song called "Candy Cane Jane."

I don't think I could take the exposure to the estrogen bomb going off on the stage.

Oh, and answer my questions, please, re: shoes. Thanks, numbnuts.

JJBrooks
AngHellic

Post by JJBrooks »

Quick! Someone call an ambulance for me! I'm dying from laughter!!!!
RockNRev wrote:
2Tempting wrote:-I left halfway through your set...
Fact of the matter is, nobody has ever walked out on one of our shows.
So now you're calling 2T a liar. Prove that she didn't leave halfway through your set.

I expect to see a bunch of smoke-and-mirror attempts at replies addressing this direct subject by the time I get back to this, which will be no less than ten hours from now. Fresh air calls.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

You've been sniffing too much moondust.

Out-of-his-fucking-mind Wrote:
Fact of the matter is, nobody has ever walked out on one of our shows. As a matter of fact, as I've stated, we could hold the undivided attention of our audience for as long as we wanted.
You can't possible be serious?!?! Unless you are taking hostages at your show, I find that to be impossible. "No one has ever walked out of your show." BAHAHAHAHAH!

I walked out of a Rolling Stones show at the Fleet a few years back...so...I don't think I would hesitate walking out of yours, assuming you could some how get me there in the first place.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

By "nobody has ever walked out on one of our shows," does he mean that they RAN? That singer's chest is enough to make me call in sick to work for the rest of the week.
Mitzi Dupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by Mitzi Dupree »

You always breeze right by those "tough to answer" questions. Here are three simple ones for you:

You claim to be playing a club that's packed (100 people over capacity). By emphasizing this, in all caps, you fully realize that you're implying that those people are all there to see your band.

1. Were they? Were all those 400 people there to see LOVIN' KRY?

2. Why did the large majority of people in the camera's view seem disinterested in your performance? By disinterested, I mean not moving their heads during the songs or clapping at their conclusions.

3. If it was your final performance in New England, why was there only a smattering of applause (less than 50% of the crowd, for less than 10 seconds) after your final song? Why didn't your rabid crowd request an encore?

Mitzi
(4: Bonus Round! How come you haven't answered 2T's questions about the blonde skank on stage?)
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

So your DVD is going to be a high quality version of the shit you posted on YouTube?

Because even at the highest quality possible, it's still one camera in the back of a club recording it all. I'm sure you think it's wildly fascinating footage but I'd rather watch slides of my aunt Pam's vacation in Branson than a whole DVD of this shit.