Gossip Board All-Stars

Here's where you can rip on each other. We don't care. If any personal information gets posted about another user, we'll delete it and you'll be banned. No exceptions.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Re: Gossip Board All-Stars

Post by deathcurse »

Ghey Man wrote:I am using examples with names people know. From now on, I will use more obscure names.
They're names people know but they're people who have nothing to do with you whatsoever. I'll again use a music analogy. If you ask a musician on an indie label what his day to day life on the road is like and he starts talking about how it's a lot like Michael Jackson's world, it's not going to make a shit of sense whatsoever.

"Well, Robert Evans does this, Tarantino does that..."

I'm sure they do a lot of things certain ways. THEY'RE INCREDIBLY SUCCESSFUL. You're not. You're a fat weirdo who makes up stories about Sylvester Stallone.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by grishnak boss »

We all know the backpedaling has started - why wait till april to avoid the inevitable, fat weirdo? :lol:

Just admit you're full of shit - executive producer or whatever the hell you think you are is just a charade - much like your friendship with stallone and sheehan.

Living in a crammed 2x2 trailer explains why you and your wife share dumps together.
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

deathcurse wrote:
Ghey Man wrote:Hence the word joke. Even John Travolta says the line in Get Shorty.
Right but according to you the joke is true - as a producer, you don't have to know anything about film. That's ludicrous.
Ghey Man wrote:Producer. As in Executive Produced by so and so and Produced by me and 2 others.
And none of these people have imdb pages? It sounds like a lot of people are involved with this film so logic would dictate that ONE of them would be interested in putting the film up on imdb.

And if the film is listed, so are all the producers.

And yet, you're not on imdb.

How is that possible?
Actually, if it's an independent film, it's not eligible to be on imdb.com until it's either picked up by a reputable distribution company, or submitted to a reputable film festival.

Also, it says on the site that it is a site for films, not for people, so a person cannot have their own page on imdb unless they're credited in a studio film, or an independent film of the above mentioned criteria.

Just tossin' that out there.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Iron Duck wrote:Actually, if it's an independent film, it's not eligible to be on imdb.com until it's either picked up by a reputable distribution company, or submitted to a reputable film festival.

Also, it says on the site that it is a site for films, not for people, so a person cannot have their own page on imdb unless they're credited in a studio film, or an independent film of the above mentioned criteria.

Hey thanks!

But according to Ghey Man, the movie's already played at a Toronto film festival.

Try to keep up, Iron Suck.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

deathcurse wrote:
Iron Duck wrote:Actually, if it's an independent film, it's not eligible to be on imdb.com until it's either picked up by a reputable distribution company, or submitted to a reputable film festival.

Hey thanks!

But according to Ghey Man, the movie's already played at a Toronto film festival.

Try to keep up, Iron Suck.
A Toronto film festival doesn't mean anything. The Toronto International Film Festival does. What was the name of the film festival?

Ghey Man wrote: You do realize that listings are submitted by the person. It doesn't just magically appear online all by itself. So if I haven't submitting anything - then there wouldn't be a listing.

April.
But why wouldn't you want it listed on imdb? It's retarded to think that anybody starting out in the film industry wouldn't be changing their huggies constantly at the thought of being mentioned on imdb.com.
Mitzi Dupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by Mitzi Dupree »

Because his Metal Sludge cred is more important to him that his "film career."

Doesn't all his obfuscation make this painfully obvious?
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Ghey Man wrote:There are millions of film and tv professionals not on the site.
Earth to dumbshit, sausage-fingered, scatologist, non-producer.

Millions?

Try less than 200.
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

Mitzi Dupree wrote:Because his Metal Sludge cred is more important to him that his "film career."

Doesn't all his obfuscation make this painfully obvious?

Obviously you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

APRIL
EliseThePiece wrote: You idiot. Soichi is japanese. His last name is obviously Mr. Roboto.
Itwalksamongus wrote:My sediments exactly. :roll: :lol:
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

Ghey Man wrote:
Thanks.

April indeed.
And you will disappear sometime around...

MARCH
EliseThePiece wrote: You idiot. Soichi is japanese. His last name is obviously Mr. Roboto.
Itwalksamongus wrote:My sediments exactly. :roll: :lol:
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Ghey Man wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
Ghey Man wrote:There are millions of film and tv professionals not on the site.
Earth to dumbshit, sausage-fingered, scatologist, non-producer.

Millions?

Try less than 200.
Um, no. MILLIONS. Do you think the producer of your local network news has a listing on IMDb? Do you think all the filmmakers in the world who have made short films that have played at festivals have a listing.
There's not even ONE (no plural) million producers in the entire world. There's not even 200,000 in the WORLD.

Fucking idiot.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Ghey Man wrote:Are you retarded? Is that it? Yes they are over 200,000 film and television producers in the entire world. You have got to be kidding. There are well over 200,000 production companies in the world jackass - which would mean that the producers who own those production companies also equal well over 200,000.

You have just confirmed how dumb you are. Check the listings on Hollywood Creative Directory and see how just in America alone, there is over 200,000 production companies with producers attached to them.
WRONG!

Celebrating over 20 Years as the Insider’s Guide to the Insiders!

One-year Subscription (Save $29.90)
Two-year Subscription (Save $109.75)
The Hollywood Combo (The Hollywood Creative Directory & Hollywood Representation Directory)

# 11,000 Producers and Studio & Network Executives
# More than 2,000 Production Companies, Studios & Networks
# New! Includes Mobile Content Producers
# Includes addresses, staff & titles, email addresses & web sites, phone & fax numbers
# Credits and studio deals
# Updated three times a year: mid-January - end of May - end of September
# Strict Listing Qualifications

FUCKING RETARD!
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Ghey Man wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
Ghey Man wrote:Are you retarded? Is that it? Yes they are over 200,000 film and television producers in the entire world. You have got to be kidding. There are well over 200,000 production companies in the world jackass - which would mean that the producers who own those production companies also equal well over 200,000.

You have just confirmed how dumb you are. Check the listings on Hollywood Creative Directory and see how just in America alone, there is over 200,000 production companies with producers attached to them.
WRONG!

Celebrating over 20 Years as the Insider’s Guide to the Insiders!

One-year Subscription (Save $29.90)
Two-year Subscription (Save $109.75)
The Hollywood Combo (The Hollywood Creative Directory & Hollywood Representation Directory)

# 11,000 Producers and Studio & Network Executives
# More than 2,000 Production Companies, Studios & Networks
# New! Includes Mobile Content Producers
# Includes addresses, staff & titles, email addresses & web sites, phone & fax numbers
# Credits and studio deals
# Updated three times a year: mid-January - end of May - end of September
# Strict Listing Qualifications

FUCKING RETARD!
You do know that they have more than one book. Fucking jackass. Maybe you should order them.

I wonder how many producers are in Bollywood or Japan.
Ghey Man wrote:Check the listings on Hollywood Creative Directory and see how just in America alone, there is over 200,000 production companies with producers attached to them.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Ghey Man, why don't you just quit holding out on all the little people? You see, I am a producer. just like you. I know it's tempting for people like us to keep industry secrets to ourselves, but, in this circumstance, I think it's fair to put all the Hatas in the know.

How to become a "producer":
1. Go to this website: http://www.the1secondfilm.com/
2. Make the appropriate money donation
3. That's It! Congratulations!

Some perks you will experience as a "producer":
1. Tenuous connections to various celebrities: "Keifer Sutherland? Do I know him? Hell, we co-produced a film together!"
2. Ability to lie to complete strangers on the Internet, but justify it on a technicality.
3. Achieve profound feelings of accomplishment and satisfaction despite the fact you have done absolutely nothing (besides donate $1).

So, you see, it's very possible he is a producer, and you can be one too!
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

Ghey Man wrote:
Iron Duck wrote:But why wouldn't you want it listed on imdb? It's retarded to think that anybody starting out in the film industry wouldn't be changing their huggies constantly at the thought of being mentioned on imdb.com.
IMDb is a listing like in the phone book. While I will have a listing there soon, I am not falling all over myself just to be able to say that I am on IMDb. To me it's like saying why don't you have a MySpace page. I don't need to be on IMDb to feel valid. There are millions of film and tv professionals not on the site.
Let's add this up:

The requirements needed to create a profile on Myspace? A computer and an internet connection.

The requirements needed to be mentioned on imdb.com without paying for a resume listing? A role in the production of at least a semi-successful film.

The benefits of being on Myspace? You get to stay in touch with friends and one out of every one hundred bands who try to add you will actually be good.

The benefits of being on imdb? You show up in search results by movie lovers. You get a free listing of your entire eligible filmography. You're listed among the best and worst and everybody in the history of film. You are now a part of history. And whether or not people know your name, they can if they mistype the wrong word and end up at your shitty, second rate short film, that somehow made it to a reputable film festival.

Myspace could suck imdb's dirty, producer-whore-mongering cock if it was worthy to, but for now it'll have to settle for doormat in the community theatre district.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Back on topic - everything deathcurse said about the Guyana Board is true.

I've tried to get threads started on Big Star, Black Oak Arkansas, King Crimson, Rory Gallagher and Neil Young's Trans album recently, and they generate something between 10-15 replies on average.

Start a thread entitled "is paul staley gay??!?1?" or "has jani lane thrown his career away?" and you're guaranteed a slew of replies. If you were to go purely by the variety of threads on the Guyana Board, you'd think the majority of Sludgers like about six bands maximum.

I did find it funny when Iggy started a thread about Richard Thompson that essentially said "what's the big deal?" Why didn't he go the whole hog and add "he was never in Motley Crue."
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
ralphwiggumsdealer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ralphwiggumsdealer »

CliffByford wrote:Back on topic - everything deathcurse said about the Guyana Board is true.

I've tried to get threads started on Big Star, Black Oak Arkansas, King Crimson, Rory Gallagher and Neil Young's Trans album recently, and they generate something between 10-15 replies on average.
For what it's worth, yesterday's Rory thread got me to dig out my old copies of Deuce and Against the Grain....I just couldn't be bothered to add a post saying "yes, I dig him too". I've personally never posted on there very much, but I do check it out, if only because there are a handful of individuals who's tastes inspire me to listen to things I may not normally think of listening to. (And Red gets my vote for King Crimson's best album)

But yeah, 95% of that board is compete suck, and I don't think, these days, the Hatas board is any better. Rampant unfunniness combined with chronic suckholing has turned most of these threads into the Sludge equivalent of trying to pull a piece of Christmas tinsel out of a cat's ass.

I'd add more, but I'm busy PMing SLD and Stoner about how dreamy I think the two of them are.
Moggio wrote:
jpf wrote:Do you realize how stupid you are?
Do you?
chickenona
Pimp Jesus

Post by chickenona »

Rory Gallagher is (or, sadly, was) indeed fucking awesome. But once you've said that, that pretty much covers it.

Here's his spin on the spy who came in from the cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEQOmGISHM
deathcurse wrote:The secret board you had with Itjogs. You talked about me obsessively on there. There were witnesses.
vaya con DIO

http://nevergetbusted.com/2010/
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

And cliff, let it be noted that I love Richard Thompson's Rumor and Sigh album. My dad's a huge fan so I grew up listening to that stuff. Thompson is a phenomenal guitarist.
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong
Queen Bee

Post by CrouchingStonerHiddenBong »

ralph -

Send n00dz.

Thanks.
tym wrote:She makes My air head 11 year old Girl look like Nikita Tesla.
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

ralphwiggumsdealer wrote: But yeah, 95% of that board is compete suck, and I don't think, these days, the Hatas board is any better. Rampant unfunniness combined with chronic suckholing has turned most of these threads into the Sludge equivalent of trying to pull a piece of Christmas tinsel out of a cat's ass.

I'd add more, but I'm busy PMing SLD and Stoner about how dreamy I think the two of them are.
Hahahah. I gotta laugh over ralphwiggumsbukkakereceptacle complaining about the quality of these boards. You yourself are about as funny and original as a retarded 10th generation SLD clone. What I mean to say is, you suck shit about as well as a 5 year old Walmart Hoover.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

The Gossip Board bores the bejeezus out of me lately. I still read a lot of threads there, but like many have already said, with the exception of a few posters who have broadened my horizons in music, it's the same tired 9 threads over and over again. Guess what, I don't care if you think Paul Stanley is gay.

Not to mention, in one thread I read there, people debated whether or not insects were animals and then collectively agreed that they weren't.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Bridget wrote:Not to mention, in one thread I read there, people debated whether or not insects were animals and then collectively agreed that they weren't.
:lol:

Was it a thread about W.A.S.P.'s "Animal (Fuck like a Beast)"?
ralphwiggumsdealer

upinsmoke wrote:. What I mean to say is, you suck shit about as well as a 5 year old Walmart Hoover.
What's the matter Festus? I thought you found my posts easy to ignore.

I'll assume that your implication that I'm inadequate at sucking shit is meant to be some sort of burn. You might want to try again....I'll allow you a chance at a re-do. This time, you might want to raise your level of flame to somewhere above that of the_jester.

That is, if you've got it in you.

By the way, you owe Punk royalties for the play on my name.
Moggio wrote:
Do you?
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

deathcurse wrote:
Bridget wrote:Not to mention, in one thread I read there, people debated whether or not insects were animals and then collectively agreed that they weren't.

It was the "Which 80's Animal-related band is your favorite?" thread, and yes, W.A.S.P. was the band in question.
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

ralphwiggumsdealer wrote:
upinsmoke wrote:. What I mean to say is, you suck shit about as well as a 5 year old Walmart Hoover.
What's the matter Festus? I thought you found my posts easy to ignore.

I'll assume that your implication that I'm inadequate at sucking shit is meant to be some sort of burn. You might want to try again....I'll allow you a chance at a re-do. This time, you might want to raise your level of flame to somewhere above that of the_jester.

That is, if you've got it in you.

By the way, you owe Punk royalties for the play on my name.
Sorry, bubbly. I haven't seen your gameface as of yet. If hosebag is your idea of a badass cutdown, maybe you should be driving a Delorean & partying like it's 1982. Bob & Doug Mckenzie should be so proud.
ralphwiggumsdealer

Your post says no, but the words you type say yes.

Maybe it wasn't as scathingly mean as calling somebody a Kiss fan, but it would appear that "hosebag" was sufficient when I used it in that other thread.

Or do you have some other excuse for following me around with your snivelling little posts?
Moggio wrote:
Do you?
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

ralphwiggumsdealer wrote:Your post says no, but the words you type say yes.

Maybe it wasn't as scathingly mean as calling somebody a Kiss fan, but it would appear that "hosebag" was sufficient when I used it in that other thread.

Or do you have some other excuse for following me around with your snivelling little posts?
Who's following who around, poop-scooper?

I've breezed past every post you've made, until you started sniffing my taint.

As I recall, you're the one who claimed you could start using the ignore function just by seeing my posts. Which is it, gurly-gurl?
ralphwiggumsdealer

That's funny, considering I had pretty much forgotten you even exist.

One question: Considering I've made somewhere between one and five posts all weekend, can you tell me which one of them makes you think I'm following you around.

Smart money says it's the one where I used the terms "rampant unfunniness" and "chronic suckholing".
Moggio wrote:
Do you?
upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Post by upinsmoke »

ralphwiggumsdealer wrote:That's funny, considering I had pretty much forgotten you even exist.

One question: Considering I've made somewhere between one and five posts all weekend, can you tell me which one of them makes you think I'm following you around.

Smart money says it's the one where I used the terms "rampant unfunniness" and "chronic suckholing".
Heh. Your first post for starters. Then your mealy-mouthed passive-aggressive bitch ass regurgitated something about 'gums' on another thread dedicated to SIAD. Obviously, you can't get my dick out of your mouth long enough to stop posting about it.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Bridget wrote:
deathcurse wrote:

It was the "Which 80's Animal-related band is your favorite?" thread, and yes, W.A.S.P. was the band in question.
I remember that thread, and it was atrocious. I tried to get a discussion on The Chameleons going, but I was no-sold.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN