Gossip Board All-Stars

Here's where you can rip on each other. We don't care. If any personal information gets posted about another user, we'll delete it and you'll be banned. No exceptions.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

upinsmoke
Headlining Clubs

Re: Gossip Board All-Stars

Post by upinsmoke »

Ghey Man wrote:
deathcurse wrote:Hey Ghey Man, surely you realize that if you do have a movie, it's going to better for everyone, right?

If you're lying then everyone's going to be disappointed because we're already assuming you're lying. You lie all the time and this occasion would be no different.

But if you have a movie, and it's the Canadian independent feature that's been financed by asking for 5 million dollar checks on message boards, then we get to laugh at it.

It's like when sleazyrocker posted his video. If he backed down, we would have called him a pussy and that would have been that. But he didn't. He gave everyone something much better.

Come April, it's going to be win-win for me.
What if it's an American independent feature playing at your local AMC or whatever? Will you check it out?
I might be newer to the board, but seeing your posts makes me want to kill toads with a broken beer bottle. I thought " Hey, what's the big deal with this guy? I don't see all the fuss."

Now I know. Your posts are like wading through mud. Gray, shit brown mud. Falling out of a Hare Krishna's ass at the airport brown mud.

At this point, I wouldn't TAKE 20 dollars to see your non-existent 8mm home reel of your ass getting plowed by a toothless stripper with a strapon.

Toxx Clause be damned, I hope Metal Sludge bans your fucking turkey neck before April.
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

Again.

So...

Ghey_Man,

What kind of cameras was your film shot on?
Last edited by Doogie on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliseThePiece wrote: You idiot. Soichi is japanese. His last name is obviously Mr. Roboto.
Itwalksamongus wrote:My sediments exactly. :roll: :lol:
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Doogie wrote:So...

Ghey_Man,

SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

deathcurse wrote:
Doogie wrote:So...

Ghey_Man,

I guess we need to be patient. He's probably frantically doing his internet homework.
EliseThePiece wrote: You idiot. Soichi is japanese. His last name is obviously Mr. Roboto.
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

What frame rate, and why?
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Hold on, Ghey Man's gotta Google it.
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

If the motherfucker made a film, then my questions should be no-brainers.

And I have many questions.
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

Funny that his responses come to an abrupt halt when somebody starts asking questions more in depth than "when can we expect to see it?".
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

He probably remembered it was time to take a shit in front of his imaginary wife.

Not to worry, he'll be back like Teh_Herpz.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

I remember when he wouldn't answer me when i asked what guild he was in, on grounds that other people might be reading that thread, and they might use that information to track him down. Good times.

Here's a new question for you, Ghey Man: Other than the three movies I posted way back when, none of which were yours, I found a fourth. The Brothers Bloom is getting its wide release on 5/29/09. Did you spend some time in Serbia doing the filming of your movie?
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Ghey, see my question, below.
Last edited by cantstopthemusic on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Ghey Man wrote:I can't wait for April - let me just say that.
As T.S. Eliot once wrote:

April is the cruelest month...for Ghey Man!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
chickenona
Pimp Jesus

Post by chickenona »

CliffByford wrote:
Ghey Man wrote:I can't wait for April - let me just say that.
As T.S. Eliot once wrote:

April is the cruelest month...for Ghey Man!
Hahahahaha! I love it.
deathcurse wrote:The secret board you had with Itjogs. You talked about me obsessively on there. There were witnesses.
vaya con DIO

http://nevergetbusted.com/2010/
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

Ghey Man wrote:

Just so you know, I never said I was a director or involved in any technical aspects. So it's pointless to ask questions that would refer to either. It's not the producer role to choose a camera, but what the director wants to use and per the budget. However if you have questions about development, casting, production (non technical), distribution, financing and the like - knock yourself out.

By thw way, April isn't that far away.

Yeah, uh huh, the bullshit meter is red-lining.

If you work in any kind of small independent film, then you're on the front line. That means you should know cameras & non-linear editing systems - but you don't.

Dude, you are so goddamn full of shit. Ghey_Man, you don't what the fuck you're talking about - straight up. You came on here and spouted a bunch of lies, trying to impress people, and now you look like a fucking dumbass.

Do you think Scott Mosier doesn't know cameras and editing equipment?

He's a producer in smaller independent film, and he knows his fucking shit.

The fact that you don't, well, now is where we've reached the final act in your tragedy. You're just some jackass trying to pass himself off as someone he's not, and something he's not. There's no film, you're no producer and nobody is impressed.

You're just another dickhead looking for validation amongst people who really don't give a fuck.
panteraman319
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by panteraman319 »

cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Associate Producer or Executive Producer, Ghey Man?

Don't take too long to answer. I want an actual answer, too.

Not you chasing your tail, unable to come up with a straight answer, as to how "independent" films aren't like regular studio films.

So, which one is it? Spit it out.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

You know, Ghey Man is also a poster on movie message boards and it wouldn't surprise me that if you ask him any question, he'll just parrot some answer he read from an actual film producer.

The dead giveaway that he's full of shit (aside from him being a compulsive liar) is that he doesn't have an imdb page. Everyone else in the business does except for him. When asked why, he falls back on the same excuse he always does "You don't know shit. Not everybody does it like that." That's Ghey Man's excuse for everything he gets called on - "Yes, most every movie is made this way but MINE ISN'T."

He claims he's already promoting the film on other message boards so it's not like he's uninterested in promoting himself on the internet. Why would a guy who refuses to shut the fuck about his career not go to the one site where it makes the most sense to promote yourself?

Right now it's not even a question of IF he has a career; it's what excuse he's going to make come April. Like I said, this whole thing is just about him having another couple months pretending to be a film producer.
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

Ghey Man wrote: Haven't you heard the old joke in Hollywood - a producer doesn't need to know much. That's day one.
Haven't you heard the old saying "You can best reward a liar by believing nothing of what he says."?

Ghey Man wrote:I find it funny that you mention Scott Mosier like you know people. He is obviously a very hands on producer and does get involved in the technical end, but doesn't mean he represents all producers. By the way, there is no set of rules as to how independent films are made. If a film has 4 producers on it - it doesn't mean that I have to be the one that knows the technical end if my role has been everything else.

No dickhead, I don't. I'm not going to sit here, like yourself, and claim to know somebody I don't, and I don't know Scott Mosier - although I admire his work. I'll leave the claims of Hollywood elbow rubbing to liars like yourself.

Ghey Man wrote:I also gave you free reign to ask me non technical questions that ANY producer should know the answer to and you have yet to do so.
Sure I did. You just tried to side-step it as usual - but you and I both know you're full of fucking shit. You can type away all you want to, but when you get up from that keyboard, you're still full of shit and you know it. When you close your eyes at night to sleep, you know you're pathetic - just like everyone else in your life knows it too. It's a sad existence I'm sure, but it's all yours.
Ghey Man wrote:April will resolve this all anyway.
It's resolved now, you're just too goddamned stupid to realize it.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Ghey Man wrote:Haven't you heard the old joke in Hollywood - a producer doesn't need to know much. That's day one.
:lol:

That's a joke, Ghey Man. Are you taking it literally? You honestly think that producers don't need to know much about film? REALLY?
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

deathcurse wrote:
Ghey Man wrote:Haven't you heard the old joke in Hollywood - a producer doesn't need to know much. That's day one.
:lol:

That's a joke, Ghey Man. Are you taking it literally? You honestly think that producers don't need to know much about film? REALLY?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

This is like if I said I was a drummer in a famous rock band. Then when somebody asks me what a mixing board is, I say "Look - I'm a drummer. That's not my job. Drummers are stupid and besides, I'm not supposed to know what a mixing board is."

Would anyone in their right mind think I'm even a musician?
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Depends...

Were you a drummer for Helix?
Doogie
Papi

Post by Doogie »

deathcurse wrote: Would anyone in their right mind think I'm even a musician?
Ghey_Man would totally believe you.
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

No no, Ghey Man. You're the joke.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Ghey Man wrote:Hence the word joke. Even John Travolta says the line in Get Shorty.
Right but according to you the joke is true - as a producer, you don't have to know anything about film. That's ludicrous.
Ghey Man wrote:Producer. As in Executive Produced by so and so and Produced by me and 2 others.
And none of these people have imdb pages? It sounds like a lot of people are involved with this film so logic would dictate that ONE of them would be interested in putting the film up on imdb.

And if the film is listed, so are all the producers.

And yet, you're not on imdb.

How is that possible?
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

Ghey Man wrote:April.
Was it that difficult of a question?

The movie's done so it would have to be up on imdb. Most movies are listed while they're in production - a huge chunk of those are listed in pre-production.

And yet you're not on there at all. Why?
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Ghey Man wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:Associate Producer or Executive Producer, Ghey Man?

Don't take too long to answer. I want an actual answer, too.

Not you chasing your tail, unable to come up with a straight answer, as to how "independent" films aren't like regular studio films.

So, which one is it? Spit it out.
Producer. As in Executive Produced by so and so and Produced by me and 2 others.
How many Associate Producers, Ghey Man?
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Funny. In my experience, Executive Producer tends to be a vanity credit. Like, a guy helps develop an idea for a project but doesn't do any hands-on producing, and bam: EP credit.

Co-Producer would usually imply that more than one person shared the workload, not a lesser producer than the other guy.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Ghey Man wrote:Associate Producer is a bullshit credit for the most part. It goes Executive Producer, Producer, Co-Producer and Associate Producer.
For Feature Films:

The highest ranking producer is simply called Producer. This is the person ultimately responsible for the film. He or she is also the person who collects the Oscar if the movie wins an Academy Award.

After that comes Executive Producer, who is involved in the development, financing or production of the movie, but generally not all three.

Below executive producer, the credits get a little murkier. Occasionally, you’ll see Co-Executive Producer, but the third-highest ranking is generally called Co-Producer. Then comes Associate Producer. These two “junior producer” credits often go to someone who performs a key function in getting the movie made, but who doesn’t have the power or clout of a producer or executive producer. For instance, I was a co-producer on Go.

Line Producer is really a job, rather than a title. This person, who is directly responsible for many of the day-to-day burdens of production (such as budgets, unions, and bureaucracy), would often have another title, such as Co-Producer or Executive Producer. Many line producer functions overlap with a Unit Production Manager. Depending on the film, you might also see a Production Supervisor or Production Coordinator listed.

To summarize, for features:

1. Producer
2. Executive Producer
3. Co-Producer
4. Associate Producer

You're 3 for 4, Ghey Man.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

I like that for examples, he's using Robert Evans, Steven Speilberg, and Quentin Tarantino. :lol:

Ghey Man, you claim to be an independent film producer but the only examples you give are of MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Hollywood bigshots. How does what Quentin Tarantino does apply to you AT ALL?