What are your thoughts on this band? STONEBREED

Here's where you can rip on each other. We don't care. If any personal information gets posted about another user, we'll delete it and you'll be banned. No exceptions.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

STONEBREED
"May The Horsebeef With You!"

What are your thoughts on this band? STONEBREED

Post by STONEBREED »

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Re: What are your thoughts on this band? STONEBREED

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Incredible, original, thought provoking music. Great image and style. Your band are superstar rock legends in the making. I want to put you in touch with a guy named Brett Meisner. He has a ton of industry experience and know-how and you guys need a winner to guide you all the way to the top in production and managing. There is a guy named Moggio in Vancouver who should be your publicist. Even if you guys get into trouble drugging and raping some college girls on tour, he will fight to the end to prove that it was their fault and they were asking for it.

And you guys will have to lose the fat bass player. There's a guy over in Japan right now, an ex-pat named Tim "Mumra" Miller who will bring a youthful exuberance to your sound.

My name is Tom Mathers and I run an exclusive label named Perris Records and I would like to sign you guys to a lifetime contract. Let me know.

Tom
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
SelfMadeJesus
Recording Debut Album

Post by SelfMadeJesus »

Death is too good for their level of medocacy.
Purely corrupted, expansively shunted, not mysgonistic, so shut up ya cunt pig.
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

Dude. You guys are awesome! So much energy, so much enthusiasm! And I really like your marketing-oriented stage show. Holding up a band t-shirt during your guitar player's intro solo at The Whiskey was a stroke of pure genius and class.

I'm not so sure about your name, though. Maybe you ought to consider something edgier, like .38 Hatchet or Tuckerfoot or something?

Anyways, keep rawkin' the rawk!

"Untucked shirts: helping overweight, middle-aged guys feel relevant since 2001."
Kristi Vicious wrote:
Someone clone her now, so we have an army of Mitzis when she dies.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

What's with the pic? It looks like Great White dressed up as Suicidal Tendencies for Halloween.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

If you'd like to enlist Sherry Globman's services for future band pictures she could really take your image to the next level.
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

[SHHHOUTITOUTLOUD] wrote:god u poeple are SOOO meen.why dont you peolpe post YOUR music. if your sooo good at it.?
For the record (and I have played this string before), as the intended AUDIENCE, I do think that those of us who are not performers have EVERY right to voice an opinion. Lack of musical talent is only relevant if one positions oneself as a musician; for those of us who position ourselves as the audience, musical talent is completely irrelevant.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

I've made this comparison a thousand times before but if the troll's logic held up, few people would be "allowed" to talk during sporting events, since most of the commentary would be by people who can't throw a pass, dunk a ball, hit a fastball, etc.

The people who say "Let's hear your shit!!!!" just wanted praise and weren't at all prepared for criticism. I think that's unbelievably childish and they should be beaten with shoes.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

Did this get moved or did these guys actually post their thread in Hatas? :shock:
STONEBREED

Post by STONEBREED »

Hell yeah we posted in Hatas, We figured were getting so much bad raps on the other page, we figured why not try here!!! LOVE US OR HATE US at least you KNOW US! ImageSTONEBREED
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

STONEBREED wrote:LOVE US OR HATE US at least you KNOW US!
How exactly will this help your band?
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

STONEBREED wrote:Hell yeah we posted in Hatas, We figured were getting so much bad raps on the other page, we figured why not try here!!! LOVE US OR HATE US at least you KNOW US! ImageSTONEBREED
Yet not one thing you've said in any of the boards you've spammed has made your music sound compelling enough to give it a listen.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

"Some guy in Iowa heard of my shitty bar band! Maybe he'll come to our show in Bakersfield!"
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

Their MySpace page looks like fucking K-Mart.

I will NEVER book this band for fear that they would natter on until I drank bleach out of desperation.
Kristi Vicious wrote:
STONEBREED

Post by STONEBREED »

Calexxia wrote:
STONEBREED wrote:Hell yeah we posted in Hatas, We figured were getting so much bad raps on the other page, we figured why not try here!!! LOVE US OR HATE US at least you KNOW US! ImageSTONEBREED
Yet not one thing you've said in any of the boards you've spammed has made your music sound compelling enough to give it a listen.
THIS IS FOR YOU MY FRIEND Callexia

http://allaccessmagazine.com/2010/05/13 ... l-panther/

HOB Hollywood
I’ve seen Steel Panther (previously Metal Skool) here and there throughout the years, but had not seen them since they made their latest venue switch from the Key Club to the House of Blues. When I found out that Stonebreed was opening the show 04/12/10, I couldn’t miss this opportunity to see them perform live for the first time. I “found” Stonebreed online a while back and instantly fell in love with them. They are hard rock with a southern edge, and sing about really important topics like whiskey and women.

The band had an unlimited guest list for this show, and they definitely did their dirty work to get fans there. When I got to HOB, there was a long line of fans waiting to get their free tickets, and all around me I heard people talking about how great Stonebreed is. Once I was inside, it seemed pretty full for an “opening band.” People usually don’t get to a Steel Panther show until much later.

This was no opening band though. This was STONEBREED! Listening to them on my little computer speakers didn’t come close to the raw energy and power of a live show!

They hit the stage hard with an original song called “Rattlesnake” and the whole crowd was rockin’. They kept the momentum going strong with cover song “Train, Train,” (Blackfoot) which everyone knew and sang along with. I recognized the next song, “Miss Me,” from their website, and it was great to see them perform this heartfelt ballad live. “I’m Gone” was the perfect follow-up song. It started out slow, with soothing vocals, and then exploded into blistering leads and a riff heavy chorus.

Just when things started to slow down, they picked it right back up again with another well-known cover song, Pat Traver’s “Snortin’ Whiskey.” They shared a couple more originals, “Back Home” and the ballsy “Whiskey Well,” and then ended with a cover song that really surprised me… Def Leppard’s “Let it Go!” Aside from Def Leppard tribute bands, and of course Def Leppard, I’ve never heard anyone else perform this song live. It definitely “rocked” and “rolled.” The only disappointment I had was that Stonebreed’s set ended so soon. I was pumped up and ready to rock, and then it was over…

Originally Mandy Lion was supposed to perform next. I’m not sure why, but someone named Ronnie North was listed to play instead. I got excited when I saw that Ronnie had purple hair and was wearing torn-up Lip Service pants. I was hoping for some glam/punk like The Zeros or The Mistakes. Instead, after two long instrumental pieces, he finally approached the microphone, but not to sing… And he NEVER did. They were good. The music was beautiful and melodic. But, it just didn’t fit in the middle of a rock concert.

The place was pretty packed for Steel Panther. For those of you who don’t know, Steel Panther is an 80’s rock-n-roll tribute, full of spoofs, sex, and fun. I needed to head out early, and saw just a handful of their crazy antics. They were onstage rolling out their usual shtick of big hair, make-up, and spandex, and were playing Warrant’s “Cherry Pie” as six scantily clad female fans danced onstage. Since I live and breathe rock-n-roll daily, I’d rather not make a parody of it with kids in mullet wigs, just to look at half naked chicks on stage. I can see that anywhere. The half naked chicks that is! lol.

The bottom line is: Stonebreed put on a rock-solid show.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

[SHHHOUTITOUTLOUD] wrote:god u poeple are SOOO meen.why dont you peolpe post YOUR music. if your sooo good at it.?
You're both trying WAYYYY too hard..
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

STONEBREED wrote:Hell yeah we posted in Hatas, We figured were getting so much bad raps on the other page, we figured why not try here!!! LOVE US OR HATE US at least you KNOW US!
Great philosophy. This guy approves.

GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

songs sound pretty good, though maybe a little generic/unoriginal sounding

ur band name is unoriginal though

sounds like u took stone sour and hatebreed and made stonebreed
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Iron Duck
Headlining Clubs

Post by Iron Duck »

:lol: They can't get any decent chicks to model their merch, so they Microsoft Paint the image onto some poor unsuspecting blondes.

Nor can they afford to actually print a shirt.

Or a baseball cap.

Or a beanie.

Or... ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. Stonebreed produces motorcy..erm "motercycles" and sells them as band merch.
MitziDupree
Queen of the Ping Pong

Post by MitziDupree »

STONEBREED wrote:THIS IS FOR YOU MY FRIEND Callexia

Whoa. Guess you sure showed us! I checked out "Metal Babe" Alison's other reviews (http://allaccessmagazine.com/author/alison/).

Jesus Christ. She's fucking brutal! I can't believe you guys got such a positive review from her. Normally, she eviscerates bands, bringing to light their lack of originality, lackluster musicianship and ridiculous stage show antics. It's obvious that she knows her stuff when it comes to musical talent. And journalistic talent? Bitch has a way with words!

And you know what? I find that refreshing. Why, you ask? Well, I'll TELL you. So often you find these "butter face" girls that are desperate to hang out with totally awesome rock stars, but they just don't have looks or personality to do it on a personal level, so they invent these little webzines and "companies" that gives them an excuse to go back stage and get their pictures taken with musicians at every cheese-ass show that rolls through town. I'll bet they even get their fields plowed from time to time!

Finding a woman in music journalism with the integrity of Metal Babe Alison gives me faith in music and women simultaneously. I mean, just her name alone says "I'm serious about what I do."

And to think. I owe it all to .38 Hatchet!
Kristi Vicious wrote:
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Calexxia »

My point is STILL valid; while you may get some press in freebie mags that no one takes very seriously, NOTHING you have posted here has been even slightly entertaining enough to make your music seem compelling.
EvilRockPosh

Post by EvilRockPosh »

Iron Duck wrote::lol: They can't get any decent chicks to model their merch, so they Microsoft Paint the image onto some poor unsuspecting blondes.
:|
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

MitziDupree wrote:
Whoa. Guess you sure showed us! I checked out "Metal Babe" Alison's other reviews (http://allaccessmagazine.com/author/alison/).

"As I was walking up to the club, I actually heard some cool sounding punk, but couldn’t tell who it was or where it was coming from. It turns out, it was a Misfits tribute band called 13SK8. They really made me want to go listen to the Misfits. But not until I saw the Gabba Gabba Heys!"

LMGDAO!!!
EvilRockPosh

Post by EvilRockPosh »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:13SK8
That's the worst name I've ever heard.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Calexxia »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
MitziDupree wrote:

"As I was walking up to the club, I actually heard some cool sounding punk, but couldn’t tell who it was or where it was coming from. It turns out, it was a Misfits tribute band called 13SK8. They really made me want to go listen to the Misfits. But not until I saw the Gabba Gabba Heys!"

LMGDAO!!!
Well, the Gabba Gabba Heys ARE pretty good. Not that that twatwaffle would know the difference.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

I heard your bands several days ago and your band is great and has potential.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Calexxia wrote:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
MitziDupree wrote: Whoa. Guess you sure showed us! I checked out "Metal Babe" Alison's other reviews (http://allaccessmagazine.com/author/alison/).

LMGDAO!!!
Well, the Gabba Gabba Heys ARE pretty good. Not that that twatwaffle would know the difference.

Yes. That sentence totally checks out for me as well.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Thoughts? Shitty cover band is what I'm thinking.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
SoulsOfBlack

Post by SoulsOfBlack »

EZrocker wrote:I am not an "obsessive Jani Lane fan". I don't even own a Warrant album, and I have never seen Jani live. I think Uncle Tom's Cabin is a good tune, but otherwise I could give a shit.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

That is really not how Hatas works.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?