The TenDummy tribute thread

Here's where you can rip on each other. We don't care. If any personal information gets posted about another user, we'll delete it and you'll be banned. No exceptions.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

The TenDummy tribute thread

Post by Gritt »

Post your favorite TenDummy nuggets of wisdom here
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Re: The TenDummy tribute thread

Post by Gritt »

From the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack thread. Thanks for explaining what soundtracks are.

TenBenny wrote:It's interesting how well many of these soundtracks sell when they're just compilations of old hits. Some of 'em, like this one, don't have any new songs written for the movie. A lot of those old songs have been heard everywhere a thousand times over, but somehow having them in the movie makes them exciting to people again. I think the movie and its soundtrack are just so oddly juxtaposed that the pairing sparked people's minds in a good way.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
The_Blue®™
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: The TenDummy tribute thread

Post by The_Blue®™ »

ralphwiggumsdealer wrote:
TenBenny wrote:Wow, there are a lot more answers of "No" than I would have thought. One thing I think is usually true of metal fans though is that when someone is a fan, someone is usually a fan for life to some degree. Whether it's as a kid, or when you get older, it's just the type of music that people who dig it don't tend to excise completely.

I think the thing with music is ultimately that people just kind of get a little familiar with the music they know very well and need to get some freshness to their listening experience, hence the broadening of tastes. Then later on you venture back to metal to varying degrees. That's probably how you get some stragglers venturing into the metal world from other genres. Shoot, I tell people that getting into some metal is very therapeutic. Listening to some of that fist-pumping stuff, whatever it is, can really get out some of the frustrations that get built up in a day/week/year.
Does the Ten in TenBenny refer to the age you were when you joined this board?

You sound like a 1985 Hit Parader interview...