The association football 2009/10 thread...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: The association football 2009/10 thread...

Post by MickeyG »

coatsy wrote:
MickeyG wrote:I remember seeing Everton own Rapid in the Cup winners cup final in 85. That was a good Everton side back then.

3 days later United exacted revenge for Rapid in the FA cup final.

Of course, thanks to the ban neither United or Everton could play in Europe the next season.
rapid actually played celtic 3 times that season as well. home and away then old trafford(neutral) for celtic fans throwing a bottle onto the park hitting rapid's captain if i remember correctly. celtic then had to play their 1st home european tie the season after behind closed doors.
I read that video evidence showed that the player faked being hit but stupid Uefa still allowed Rapid a replay. Celtic battered Rapid in the disputed game and should have been through.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:
coatsy wrote:
MickeyG wrote:I remember seeing Everton own Rapid in the Cup winners cup final in 85. That was a good Everton side back then.

3 days later United exacted revenge for Rapid in the FA cup final.

Of course, thanks to the ban neither United or Everton could play in Europe the next season.
rapid actually played celtic 3 times that season as well. home and away then old trafford(neutral) for celtic fans throwing a bottle onto the park hitting rapid's captain if i remember correctly. celtic then had to play their 1st home european tie the season after behind closed doors.
I read that video evidence showed that the player faked being hit but stupid Uefa still allowed Rapid a replay. Celtic battered Rapid in the disputed game and should have been through.
foolish from the celtic support. the tv evidence wasn't about the bottle hitting anyone, it was about a bottle being thrown in general. i recall the celtic players attempting to grab and hide the bottle. in the end i was pleased with the outcome as they got beat in the 3rd game. :mrgreen:
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Really.

Was the game abandoned because of this incident? If it was, if the player had not gone down would it have been abandoned and thus, replayed?

Sounds dodgy to me. Not that I care about Celtic.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:Really.

Was the game abandoned because of this incident? If it was, if the player had not gone down would it have been abandoned and thus, replayed?

don't think the game was abondoned. i think rapid vienna made a complaint, but don't quote me on it. i was only 12 at the time.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

One more video... this is from last night's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXpu9vXVLU

The 3-0 goal is at 2:20, and "Auf Wiedersehen" is at 4:50!
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

coatsy wrote:

don't think the game was abondoned. i think rapid vienna made a complaint, but don't quote me on it. i was only 12 at the time.
LOL, I was only 11 too.

Jeez, if the game wasn't abandoned, and the only grounds for a replay was a bottle being thrown and then Rapid complained then once again it was bad form from Uefa. I bet they were loving it when Heysel went down so they could ban at least the English clubs. They probably discussed a "British" ban in one of their meetings in an attempt to throw the Scots out as well.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:
coatsy wrote:

LOL, I was only 11 too.

Jeez, if the game wasn't abandoned, and the only grounds for a replay was a bottle being thrown and then Rapid complained then once again it was bad form from Uefa. I bet they were loving it when Heysel went down so they could ban at least the English clubs. They probably discussed a "British" ban in one of their meetings in an attempt to throw the Scots out as well.
it turns out that rapid appealed twice to UEFA. the celtic fans caused mayhem in and around old trafford during the 3rd game which led to playing a euro tie behind closed doors the next season against atletico madrid. yes i believe heysel was a god send for UEFA as the hooliganism seen that night would be yet another example of the 'english disease' which mainland europe called it. not thinking at anytime that mainland europe had a massive hooligan problem itself and still do, feyenoord being an example. it was too good a chance for UEFA to pass on.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Can United hold on for the last few minutes?

How much longer can Fergie keep faith with Foster? He dropped Jim Leighton for making clangers.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Holy fuck, another defensive mistake!
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

OWEN!

What a win! Worth his weight in gold, Scousers!

Three big leagues wins in a row now.
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:Can United hold on for the last few minutes?

How much longer can Fergie keep faith with Foster? He dropped Jim Leighton for making clangers.
I think Kusczak should be given a go finally. Important goal for Owen, great but nervewrecking game, with some diabolical mistakes. I watched on Sopcast, but the channel cut out to some shite game, so I missed the last three goals. :x
Sleazyjack
Recording Your Demo

Post by Sleazyjack »

Hughes must be well pissed off , how much injury time?

typical Old Trafford home referee
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Bollocks, Sleazy.

Apparently Bellamy scored on 89 mins 50 something secs and the game wasn't restarted until 92 mins were on the clock. Then you have 4 mins of stoppage time. BTW, whatever is held up by the 4th official is the minimum to be played, not maximum.

I wonder what people would have been saying had City scored a 4th and not United. Scousers all over the net are shouting "CONSPIRACY!"
arucho
Music Fan

Post by arucho »

CRonaldo 8)

Post by MickeyG »

I wonder what the racist comment Diouf made to the ball boy at Goodison the other day? He probably called him a scouse bastard or something.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:I wonder what the racist comment Diouf made to the ball boy at Goodison the other day? He probably called him a scouse bastard or something.
'fuck off, white boy' allegedly.
Sleazyjack
Recording Your Demo

Post by Sleazyjack »

MickeyG wrote:Bollocks, Sleazy.

Apparently Bellamy scored on 89 mins 50 something secs and the game wasn't restarted until 92 mins were on the clock. Then you have 4 mins of stoppage time. BTW, whatever is held up by the 4th official is the minimum to be played, not maximum.

I wonder what people would have been saying had City scored a 4th and not United. Scousers all over the net are shouting "CONSPIRACY!"
Nah sorry , they played too long, the FA should explain the timings because that should have been finished.... that said it's City's problem that they didn;t defend properly , so fuck 'em lol!!

I don;t know why scousers are bothered they won;t be in utd or Chelsea's league this season
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Sleazy, on Fox soccer channel last night they broke it down and said Bellendamy celebrated for 55 secs after he scored and Carricks substitution added another 30. Owen scored on 95 mins and 37 secs or something. We don't know how many seconds after 4 mins the ref was going to add, as the 4 mins shown is just the minimum.

Anyways, I watched the last goal again last night, and Tevez had a great chance to clear but headed it straight at Rooney. Rooney then made a poor lob into the box which was weakly headed at Giggs who found Owen. City had enough chances to clear but fucked it up.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

No shit. That's because teams time waste like a motherfucker against United when they are in front.

BTW, I saw Sky Sports news yesterday and they said last season games involving United had less time added on than any other team in the Premier League.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

ManU back on top. Boring game, but Giggs was inspirational yet again.
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Chelski got their ass kicked in and against Wigan 3-1
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

shocked_the_monkey
Born Under a Bad Sign

Post by shocked_the_monkey »

Sleazyjack wrote:
MickeyG wrote:Bollocks, Sleazy.

Nah sorry , they played too long, the FA should explain the timings because that should have been finished.... that said it's City's problem that they didn;t defend properly , so fuck 'em lol!!

I don;t know why scousers are bothered they won;t be in utd or Chelsea's league this season
At the end of the day, City had the same six minutes as United.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Another win for shitty City. It really is shaping up to being an interesting season in the top 7 or so in the Prem. I think a lack of goals will hurt United eventually. Chelsea/Liverpool this weekend should be a humdinger.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:Another win for shitty City. It really is shaping up to being an interesting season in the top 7 or so in the Prem. I think a lack of goals will hurt United eventually. Chelsea/Liverpool this weekend should be a humdinger.
I hope it'll be a draw.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

The Magpies are having a nice start in the Championship.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Liverpool owned, and they'll get owned at Chelsea at the weekend if they don't buck up.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

seemingly FIFA have moved the goalposts regarding the play offs for the world cup in south africa next year. the plan was that there would be no seeding for the playoffs just a straight draw, but now there's a real possibility that france,germany,russia and portugal could end up in the play offs. FIFA in their wisdom have now decided to seed the play offs. poor show.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Coatsy, isn't it up to Uefa how qualification for their World cup slots is decided?

It doesn't surprise me that either of them would change the rules at this stage.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:Coatsy, isn't it up to Uefa how qualification for their World cup slots is decided?

It doesn't surprise me that either of them would change the rules at this stage.
you're probably right, but it's probably UEFA and FIFA in it together, both are very corrupt.