UFL Football

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LuciferSanchez
Passing Out Band Flyers

Re: UFL Football

Post by LuciferSanchez »

Uniforms are nasty...but it's better than the neon-lime green of the Orlando team in the old WLAF.

I'm thinking the first year is the year of the cheap and hopefully the next year...if there is a next year...uniforms will be better.
"You can be a conceited asshole, just as long as you're a conceited asshole who's also a famous dead genius rock star in disguise."
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

I think when they were first announcing they said something like that. That these were for the "premiere season" which is why all colors are tied with the league logo. But, if you go and change it after...how do expect to sell any merchandise now?
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

znuff_fan wrote:Still giving this one a chance. I chose the Redwoods for my team to cheer for, but according to the media I might as well stop watching now.
Dude, my new winless team is gonna to kill your new winless team on Saturday. The Sentinels will be cutting down some trees!

Watching it now, dam there are a lot of good players that didn't pan out in the NFL playing. So far it's decent football. at least you can tell which team is which. Too bad I gotta take off.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Damn Florida moved it easily the first drive.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I watched that game. Florida looked good. Vegas, not so much. It looked like there are some pretty decent players in that league. Shows how deep the NFL really is I guess.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Losman sure didn't help me in the fantasy league this week! :lol:
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Garbageman wrote:Losman sure didn't help me in the fantasy league this week! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bane wrote:I watched that game. Florida
looked good. Vegas, not so much. It looked like there are some pretty decent players in that league. Shows how deep the NFL really is I guess.
Color me surprised, even the tackling was pretty dam good, there was a LB for one of the squads that was all over the field. think they said he got rookie of the year for Cincy? Haven't looked him up yet.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

One thing that did look noobish was some of the O line on run plays. lot of line men running around missing blocks.

Other then that, it's quality.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

UtahRatt wrote:One thing that did look noobish was some of the O line on run plays. lot of line men running around missing blocks.

Other then that, it's quality.
Those lines looked better than the OLs currently on the Skins and Raiders. Then again a first grade class of special needs kids playing red rover look better than those team's lines.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Garbageman wrote:Those lines looked better than the OLs currently on the Skins and Raiders. Then again a first grade class of special needs kids playing red rover look better than those team's lines.
Don't be miss lead, the Raiders O line are trying to get him sacked! Fastest way to rid yourself of a shitty QB is by getting him killed!

Elvis Dumervil: YO! WAKE UP! I AIN’T WAVIN’ AT YOU, YOU FAT BITCH! I’M TRYING TO HELP YOU UP!

JaMarcus Russell: Nah, that’s all right. I’m cool. Say, when you walking back over to your huddle, can you tell the center to just drop the ball on my chest? I’ll throw it from down here.

NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

J.P. Losman can never find a decent offensive line! God dammit! 6 sacks, are you fucking kidding me?
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Looks like the Tuskers have the season wrapped up, the way they are smoking everybody else...unless someone finally figures out how to stop their offence.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

So California is on the road in New York tonight.

Will 50 people show up in the stadium with game 2 of the Yankee series going on?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Garbageman wrote:So California is on the road in New York tonight.

Will 50 people show up in the stadium with game 2 of the Yankee series going on?
Time to bust out the Ortega 2 for 1 promotions! I'll have to switch over and support my Sentinels, beats watching the fucking yankees.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Tha stadium is beyond empty tonight. So far NY has had the worst looking attendance.

I still say if the UFL were smart they would move this to the spring. There is no way they are going to survive in the fall like this. I could see them getting 20,000-30,000 for games in the spring. I think the talent has been damn good.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

I don't think spring makes a difference. Ask NFL Europe, the XFL, or the arena league.

You can't predict the Yankees making the series, but the World Series dates were practically set in the spring because of the way the network TV schedules have been done. They were stupid to have planned a game tonight.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

So could the Tuskers beat the Bucs? :lol:
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Here I thought the Tuskers were going to finally lose a game. It would be cool to see them play the Bucs, but could you imagine if a NFL team would lose to a UFL team? It would give instant credibility to the UFL/smaller leagues.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

znuff_fan wrote:Here I thought the Tuskers were going to finally lose a game. It would be cool to see them play the Bucs, but could you imagine if a NFL team would lose to a UFL team? It would give instant credibility to the UFL/smaller leagues.
Not really, it's the Buc's we're talking about.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

UtahRatt wrote:
znuff_fan wrote:Here I thought the Tuskers were going to finally lose a game. It would be cool to see them play the Bucs, but could you imagine if a NFL team would lose to a UFL team? It would give instant credibility to the UFL/smaller leagues.
Not really, it's the Buc's we're talking about.
It would be fun if they made a bet and had the Bucs have to wear their old orange uniforms with the gay winking pirate helmet for a season if they lost.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

I still have not seen a game. Was it on last night against college football and the World Series?
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Not last night, this week they played on Thursday and Friday night. Next week there is only one game, it is on Wednesday night on Vs.

All games are on demand on the website as well.

http://www.ufl-football.com/schedule
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Final game of the season, boy the stadium is still empty. They were offering a BOGO deal on tickets and still can't get a crowd. The commish on at halftime saying how this season was a success and adding 2 new teams for 2010 and how there is a market for this thing in the fall. I just don't see there being a next season this way, they had to lose their ass this season. Oh well, was interesting to watch....still stupid playing in fall and on weeknights.
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

Now that the UFL season is officially over and the players are now free agents, it will be interesting to see how many land with NFL teams who need depth going down the home stretch...
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

I never got around to watching a game.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

My boy J.P. Losman led the Las Vegas Locomotives to the championship. Woo hoo!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Don't think my New York Sentinels won a fucking game! Figures a Raider fan would pick another shit team to follow.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Chiming in a bit late here but I loved the league and watched probably 75% of the games. Starting off with only four teams was very smart as they got to get a lot of good players that would at least be on a NFL practice squad but are ineligible due to too much time in the league. I think they said that there will be a 6 team UFL next season. Considering how solid every team was, I see little drop off in talent next year.

Yeah I know New York was winless, but they only had one real blowout and another that got out of hand. They were in all but one game in the second half all season. I'd like to see Ted Catrall get another shot next year as his teams didn't look out coached, just over matched here and there on talent.
bane wrote:I watched that game. Florida looked good. Vegas, not so much. It looked like there are some pretty decent players in that league. Shows how deep the NFL really is I guess.

Completely and totally agree. The UFL had a lot of quality depth on some teams and these are the players that are on the outside looking in with the NFL
UtahRatt wrote:Color me surprised, even the tackling was pretty dam good, there was a LB for one of the squads that was all over the field. think they said he got rookie of the year for Cincy? Haven't looked him up yet.
Odell Thurman. Kicked out of the NFL and whatever team signs him needs to let him sit for a season because that's what he has waiting for him when he gets re-instated. Nothing official was announced but Bengals boards have all heard about meth rumors in the Odell camp. Sad story because he's one hell of a player, it's just he's also an addict.

Bottom line: This is a solid league with quality coaches and should be on your radar next season. Tell your friends and if there is a game in your area, you shouldn't have any problem securing tickets.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Rageman wrote:Tell your friends and if there is a game in your area, you shouldn't have any problem securing tickets.

I'd imagine the only event easier getting tickets for would be a poison concert.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

They were doing 2 for 1 tickets, so I agree probably not hard to score tickets, and I really thought the league was good.

I still will be suprised if they come back next year. They keep saying they will, but man they lost their asses this season.

I still believe they would have been smarter having this thing in the spring. Probably would double the fans at games.

IMO they have 2 goals they are trying to reach with this thing, they want teams to be obsorbed into the NFL (thus not wanting teams in current NFL markets) or being a NFL Europe training ground for the NFL and having the NFL pay for the league.