Baseball in November?????

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Baseball in November?????

Post by UtahRatt »

What's fucking lame about it?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The baseball season, including the WORLD SERIES, has no business
being played in Nov.

Blame the greedy NETWORKS + MLB OFFICES for the current situation.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Or at least bring back some day games. I hope the rumors about that happening are true.

Can you imagine if the divisional series were extended to 7 days instead of 5? You might have Baseball on Thanksgiving (which would still be better than watching the Lions, but I digress).
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

I agree it runs way too long into the fall now. They should probably hold some double-headers in the year to shorten the season and not bend over for the networks with set playoff dates. When both teams in the earlier rounds series are over they shouldn't be sitting there for 4-5 days waiting for TBS to air the game on the night they chose. When teams can go a couple series only having 3 pitchers rotating you know they have too much time off!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Win or lose, the Yankees will have used 3 starting pitchers spanning about 15 games. That's nuts.

The World Series is the only round that follows a traditional 2 games on, 1 travel day, 3 games, travel day, 2 games schedule. And even then, in the current situation having 2 teams separated by roughly 150 miles, the travel days are absolutely unnecessary. I realize if like Boston were playing the Dodgers, that'd be one thing, for cross country flights. But the Yankees took the damn train to Philly. C'mon.

The first 2 rounds are an absolute JOKE - the LCS round has 3 games in the SAME city separated by an off day! C'mon. Mike Scioscia was pretty verbal about his disdain for that.

Anyway, owners would never go for it, but even scaling the regular season back to 154 games would help a bunch.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

since football absolutely destroys baseball, I stopped watching and caring about baseball weeks ago..maybe when baseball gets into the 21st century and adopts replay, I will be interested
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

LAPoet wrote:since football absolutely destroys baseball, I stopped watching and caring about baseball weeks ago..maybe when baseball gets into the 21st century and adopts replay, I will be interested
Wonderful, that's great to know.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

LAPoet wrote:since football absolutely destroys baseball, I stopped watching and caring about baseball weeks ago..maybe when baseball gets into the 21st century and adopts replay, I will be interested
So you'd be interested in having baseball games even longer than they already are?

There should be a 10 second rule for pitchers. They either have to pitch or throw to first, etc. within 10 seconds of getting the ball.