The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

doghead2009
Opening for Slaughter

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by doghead2009 »

i haven't watched wrestling in quite a few years.. I stopped watching shortly after McMahon bought WCW . I tuned in for the nwo invasion of the wwe, ric flair, and hogan's last run with hulkmania for pure nostalgia. I stopped watching completely after 2003. I grew up watching wrestling in the 80's / 90's and Bret Hart was my absolute favorite. Wrestling hasn't been the same without him.

I recently started following wrestling again since I heard Bret Hart was coming back. I watched Raw tonight for the first time in years and found it quite boring. I'm not a big fan of John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, and the other young guys. I can't believe the wwe champion is some redheaded dorky irish dude. What a joke.

The only guys i find entertaining today are the older guys like the Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, DX ( Shawn Michaels /Triple H, and Chris Jericho. The only new guys i find interesting are CM Punk and The Hart Dynasty. Hopefully Bret Hart can help elevate the younger guys. I'm really excited to see what Bret can do in the WWE even if he won't be wrestling.

It will be interesting to see how Bret interacts with Shawn Michaels and DX.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

DX/Big Show Guerra literally bored me to sleep.
The writer's are seriously going to have to step up the skills here.

And seriously.. WTF with Shamus the GlowWorm and Cena.
That was BEYOND lame!

Shamus is suppose to be Triple H's workout partner? I don't buy that. The guy's legs look like he's never seen a gym. I call bullshit on that whole line of thinking.
The least Vince could do is introduce Shamus to SPRAY TAN!

Ugh.. if it wasn't for Bret coming soon.. I would be done with WWE after last night.

P.S... Orton Hears a Who seriously needs to go back to Smokey Mountain or Memphis or where ever it was he came from.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Hopefully something good happens with Bret Hart.
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

doghead2009 wrote:i haven't watched wrestling in quite a few years.. I stopped watching shortly after McMahon bought WCW . I tuned in for the nwo invasion of the wwe, ric flair, and hogan's last run with hulkmania for pure nostalgia. I stopped watching completely after 2003. I grew up watching wrestling in the 80's / 90's and Bret Hart was my absolute favorite. Wrestling hasn't been the same without him.

I recently started following wrestling again since I heard Bret Hart was coming back. I watched Raw tonight for the first time in years and found it quite boring. I'm not a big fan of John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, and the other young guys. I can't believe the wwe champion is some redheaded dorky irish dude. What a joke.

The only guys i find entertaining today are the older guys like the Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, DX ( Shawn Michaels /Triple H, and Chris Jericho. The only new guys i find interesting are CM Punk and The Hart Dynasty. Hopefully Bret Hart can help elevate the younger guys. I'm really excited to see what Bret can do in the WWE even if he won't be wrestling.

You can quit watching it again, because I think Bret is only coming back for that one show on the 4th.
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Kamikaze_Russo wrote:
doghead2009 wrote:i haven't watched wrestling in quite a few years.. I stopped watching shortly after McMahon bought WCW . I tuned in for the nwo invasion of the wwe, ric flair, and hogan's last run with hulkmania for pure nostalgia. I stopped watching completely after 2003. I grew up watching wrestling in the 80's / 90's and Bret Hart was my absolute favorite. Wrestling hasn't been the same without him.

You can quit watching it again, because I think Bret is only coming back for that one show on the 4th.
He signed a 4-month contract, expiring the week after WrestleMania.
He'll work the Vince/Michaels/maybe HHH program and that should be that.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Lardbucket wrote:
Kamikaze_Russo wrote:

He signed a 4-month contract, expiring the week after WrestleMania.
He'll work the Vince/Michaels/maybe HHH program and that should be that.

Alright so....

Bret is back. He and HBK get off to a rocky start. After a month of talking it out, they burry the hatchet... and become "friends". Hell, maybe even he joins DX (as a manager).

Whatever happens, he gets on HBK's good side leading up to Wrestlemania. Good enough to where he becomes the "guest referee" for the HBK vs. Undertaker match at Mania. At the beginning of the match it will look like Undertaker's streak is about to end, and HBK will be kicking ass until... the Undertaker manages to apply the Gogoplata... Devil's Gate... or whatever the hell he calls it... and right then Bret Hart turns on HBK and we have the...

Glendale Screw Job

...Hart gets payback on HBK, and 'Taker's streak continues.

So, does anybody think some of that might happen? ...or should I drop the "Kamikaze" from my nym... and change it to "Vince"?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Wrestlemania DX vs Hart and Undertaker, Bret turns causing Taker to lose the match, Bret joins DX
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

I like Bret Hart, but I think the guy is a total hypocrite.

All he has done for the last 12 years is bash McMahon, Michaels, the WWE, Hogan, etc. and the now the guy is actually gonna go back there?

The man was a great wrestler, but his charisma was marginal at best. What can he truly offer WWE at this point if he can't wrestle and has limited mic skills?

The intial reaction to Bret's return will be huge on Monday, but I think people will soon see that without his ability to wrestle, McMahon/Michaels will have to carry this storyline for it to truly work.

RambOWNED!!!
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Leppardmania wrote:I like Bret Hart, but I think the guy is a total hypocrite.

All he has done for the last 12 years is bash McMahon, Michaels, the WWE, Hogan, etc. and the now the guy is actually gonna go back there?

It's called FAMILY... and he has 2 1/2 members in the WWE right now.
YYC

Post by YYC »

I was never a huge Brett fan, and thought that what Vince did was totally justified. After reading Brett's book last year, I'm even more convinced of it. He's the biggest mark for himself that I believe I have ever seen, and not nearly as good as he or his nutswingers would have you believe. Outside of ECW marks, they are the most delusional fanbase in history.

That being said, I'm interested to see where this is going to go.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I think Kamikaze may be right about the story.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Credit: PWInsider.com

It's sad to report that wrestling legend Steve "Dr. Death" Williams lost his battle with cancer last night and has died. More details should be available soon.

Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Williams.

As a kid, I can remember him from his UWF days. Not to mention all the classic stuff he went on to do in Japan. That is what I'll remember more than that frat house brawl he had with WWF and his work in WCW with Oklahoma (the J.R. spoof)
Where's Izzy?
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I was just about to mention that.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Bummer about Dr. Death.
Angry Jew wrote:As a kid, I can remember him from his UWF days.
I sure hope you mean Bill Watts' UWF as opposed to Herb Abrahms' UWF (the one that ESPN Classic shows footage from on occasion)!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

RIP Dr. Death

I was always a huge Bret mark and can see both ways about how people feel about what he did prior to Montreal. At the end of the day though... he was in a character-driven business and had a contract that gave him control of his character. That he was more than willing to give up the belt anywhere else to anyone else, and that Shawn made it clear that he wasn't willing to do the same for him or others in the past, lets me see a little bit past his stance of not wanting to lose in Montreal.

That said... Bret made it clear after he left that he WOULD come back to WWE for the Hall of Fame, he also said he would bury the hatchet so he could gain access to photos and other stuff for his autobiography and so he could have imput on the DVD. He also made it very clear he would do whatever he could to help out Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, Nattie, and Teddy Hart in the WWE. I believe he even called Vince personally and tried to get Teddy his job back the 2nd time he got fired.

If standing by his word and coming back to help out the HD, but having to relive the Montreal incident, makes him a hypocrite... then I guess that's a fair statement. But let's face it, can you REALLY bring him back and make no reference as to why he left 12 years ago? Bret knows the business, and even though A LOT of those fans from then are gone, or have gotten over it, Bret still knows he can't come back and not have Montreal as part of the equation.

For all we know, they may get all the Montreal crap out of the way on Monday, and then Bret just moves over to SmackDown to work exclusively with the HD. Probably won't happen that way, but still... let's just see where they go with it before killing the guy for coming back.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

R.I.P. Steve "Dr. Death" Williams
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

RIP Dr. Death. I loved the Varsity Club, probably my third favorite "stable" of all time, behind the Heenan Family and the Four Horsemen.

Sabu, I'd be stunned if Vince hotshotted the Montreal angle. I think it's going to dominate the four months Bret's signed for. I do think they'll work the Dynasty into the equation so he can try to help elevate them, but Montreal is going to be the focal point of the entire run, I think.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Garbageman wrote:Bummer about Dr. Death.
Angry Jew wrote:As a kid, I can remember him from his UWF days.
I sure hope you mean Bill Watts' UWF as opposed to Herb Abrahms' UWF (the one that ESPN Classic shows footage from on occasion)!
I remember watching NWA's STARRCADE '87 (CHI-TOWN HEAT) on pay-per-view and seeing Steve Williams defend his UWF World Title vs. Barry Windham, who was the Western States Heritage Champion.

Great pay-per-view, but they fucked it up by not having the Road Warriors beat Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson for the tag titles.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

RIP Dr. Death.

The Varsity Club were awesome, and I loved it when Dr. Dath joined. I was a fan of his from the UWF days with Dr. Death, Hacksaw, Dibiase, One Man Gang, etc. It sucked that once it finally came to my TV it got absorbed by WCW.

I also liked him in that knockout thing the WWE did several years ago but I think he then got ko'd by Bart Gunn, who was then knocked the FUCK out by Butterbean and never seen again...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

They should do Bret/Taker VS. Vince/HBK at Mania.
Where's Izzy?
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Sabu wrote: Bret still knows he can't come back and not have Montreal as part of the equation.
Of course Montreal will have to part of the equation. There is simply no way around it. Like you said, if Bret is truly coming back to help put over HD, I can live with that.

But if he is just coming back for his own "character's" purpose, then yes, I do think he's a hypocrite. The man completely ripped on the WWE, McMahon, Michaels, and HHH for years, and even seemed to blame the WWE for the death of Owen.

Regardless, its absolutely amazing how in the wrestling business, people can put aside personal feelings as deep as Bret's in favor of the almighty $$$.

RambOWNED!!!
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Leppardmania wrote:
Sabu wrote: Bret still knows he can't come back and not have Montreal as part of the equation.
Of course Montreal will have to part of the equation. There is simply no way around it. Like you said, if Bret is truly coming back to help put over HD, I can live with that.

But if he is just coming back for his own "character's" purpose, then yes, I do think he's a hypocrite. The man completely ripped on the WWE, McMahon, Michaels, and HHH for years, and even seemed to blame the WWE for the death of Owen.

Regardless, its absolutely amazing how in the wrestling business, people can put aside personal feelings as deep as Bret's in favor of the almighty $$$.
I'm not sure Bret's doing this solely for the money.
He's always taken wrestling so seriously, I really think he's doing this at least partly to "right the wrong" of Montreal and finally turn a page that's been eating at him.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Lardbucket wrote:
I'm not sure Bret's doing this solely for the money.
He's promoting a book on the Montreal Screw Job... so it's not all for the money.. it's also for the Promo..
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I totally forgot that TNA had a ppv a couple of weeks ago. OOPS!
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Which show will you be watching on Monday? WWE Raw or TNA Impact?

WWE - Bret Hart returns as the host

TNA - Hulk Hogan's debut on TNA

Both shows have me real curious, and I actaully like TNA a bit better than WWE right now.....they have better storylines at the moment, IMO.

Out of my loyalty to the Hulkster, I'll be watching TNA Impact, and I'll tape Raw and probably watch it Tuesday.

RambOWNED!!!
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

I don't watch either as religously as I used to, only on occasion and only seems to be TNA anymore. Bret does have me intrigued, but knowing the WWE he will be tied into some stupid shit storyline. I think I will be checking out TNA on Monday. But might change to WWE during commercials.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

va_rocker wrote: but I hate to miss the unloading of the old folks van at the TNA studio.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

va_rocker wrote:I will be switching back and forth beween the two shows! I want to see what they do with Brett, but I hate to miss the unloading of the old folks van at the TNA studio.
This.

The oldest guys in WWE now are HBK, Taker, and now Bret. Let's compare that to TNA.

Did anyone watch the New Year's Knockout tourney on TNA? Or the best of afterwards? Tara needs to stick to wrestling. She is horrible on the mic...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

OverMe wrote:
va_rocker wrote: but I hate to miss the unloading of the old folks van at the TNA studio.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Which begs the question...How is it that Kevin Nash has avoided injury all this time while being in TNA, but could tear his quad just by chewing too hard in the WWE?
YYC

Post by YYC »

I'll Tivo both shows, but Raw has me much more interested. The Brett thing has some potential to be good television. Hogan? Fucking please. I hated him when I was a kid, I hated him when he was in WCW, and I hate him now. I grew up in Mid Atlantic territory. I have no nostalgia for Hogan.
Last edited by YYC on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.