The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Caustic Queen »

Monty610 wrote:Edge wins the Royal Rumble...
Oh FFS...
That's almost as pathetic as Sheamus having the title.

Well.. there's our proof that Vince isn't worried about TNA
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

Edge?!?Talk about a major letdown!!I was hoping for an RVD or Booker T run in!
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

They gotta get those belts off both 'Taker and Sheamus or Wrestlemania is gonna suck ass in the title match dept.

Who else is thinking HBK vs HHH at 'Mania?
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

As an EdgeHead, I marked!

That said... Edge was NOT the guy that needed to go over here. He had/has a money feud waiting for him with Jericho that would have fit nicely at Mania. Hate to say it... but Cena should have gone over here if they weren't going to let someone like Punk, Kofi, JoMo, or Miz win, and then have Cena go after Taker for the belt and the streak which would be HUGE business.

The Punk stuff was great and the crowd ate it up. They had a chance to elevate Punk even more tonight by having him hang around until the final four, but alas... The H gets the honors of tossing him out.

Christian and Zeke had a pretty damn good match. Did not see that coming from Zeke, but it was a very strong opener. Miz/MVP was solid and Rey/Taker was probably better than anyone expected it to be. Orton/Sheamus? Ehh... but at least it sets up something between Orton and Legacy.

If things stay the way they are... Sheamus or Taker for Edge? Neither... Edge/Christian at Mania for the ECW Title... SWERVE!!!!!!!!!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Edge won sweet!

if Vince wants something cool and unique..have the title vacant for Cena vs Taker
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Monty610 wrote:They gotta get those belts off both 'Taker and Sheamus or Wrestlemania is gonna suck ass in the title match dept.

it's supposed to be bret hart vs hbk.

hbk refuses to put the sharpshooter on bret and leaves the ring.....bret works over vince who was at ringside.

bret leaves and never comes back.

k.w.
know how to work kid
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Did not see Edge coming in and winning the Rumble at all. Good for him. He deserves it.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

va_rocker wrote:

Sheamus... well i've given my opinion of him several times. Good in ring but a terrible gimmick.
?
:shock: But.. ShameUsAll does "The Big Boot"... he's the next Hogan... How can you not like him?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
thewonkytits
Headlining Clubs

Post by thewonkytits »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... at-68.html

Apologies if this has been posted already.
doghead2009
Opening for Slaughter

Post by doghead2009 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Monty610 wrote:They gotta get those belts off both 'Taker and Sheamus or Wrestlemania is gonna suck ass in the title match dept.

hbk refuses to put the sharpshooter on bret and leaves the ring.....bret works over vince who was at ringside.

ik.w.
know how to work kid

I highly doubt we will see Hbk vs. Bret at Wrestlemania.. Bret can't even wrestle due to the stroke he suffered a few years back.. Bret vs. Vince is more realistic
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

I was just gonna post that. RIP Jack Brisco...
Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Leppardmania »

When did Edge stop working out? Man, he looked like crap last night.

RambOWNED!!!
LynnrdVonHetfield
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by LynnrdVonHetfield »

Leppardmania wrote:When did Edge stop working out? Man, he looked like crap last night.
I'm surprised he is even able to get into a ring 8 months from a ruptured achilles.

His cardio was probably restricted to riding a stationary bike or aqua therapy.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

doghead2009 wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:

ik.w.
know how to work kid

I highly doubt we will see Hbk vs. Bret at Wrestlemania.. Bret can't even wrestle due to the stroke he suffered a few years back.. Bret vs. Vince is more realistic
it's inside info that was passed on to hogan and bischoff. hogan said that's what the plan is(was) for bret. i wouldn't expect a real match. i'm sure he could handle 5 mins with shaun and then 210 mins beating the shit out of vince.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Bret/Cena vs. Batista/McMahon for Mania?

I'll say this... waiting for Bret to finally put the sharpshooter on Vince will be the equal to the build up of Austin finally stunning Vince... And I'll mark!

That was a SOLID Raw tonight. Best effort in a while.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Sabu wrote:Bret/Cena vs. Batista/McMahon for Mania?

I'll say this... waiting for Bret to finally put the sharpshooter on Vince will be the equal to the build up of Austin finally stunning Vince... And I'll mark!

Totally agree. Great raw overall

The Bret/Vince segment was awesome. The last part with Batista had me scratching my head, but we'll see where it goes
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i was kinda wondering aboot those shots bret was firing at vince. they looked pretty stiff. he didn't do the footstomp on each punch.

until he went for the sharpshooter i thought bret might have really snapped.

after batista coming in and not really working bret over means he can't take a bump anymore. i hope the match just ends up being a street fight with vince with hbk getting his licks in on vince too.

surprised on one came in for the save. i'm thinking the anvil is going to show up soon with the "new hart dynasty" in tow.

anvil's daughter is hot. i'd stick in her shitter.

k.w.
thread jumper
NickasInSaltLick
The Fat Man of Steel

Post by NickasInSaltLick »

Shatner!

Sludgeaholic of the Month - May 2004
Sinderella
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sinderella »

Sabu wrote:Bret/Cena vs. Batista/McMahon for Mania?

Agreeance! I also think Bret hit Vince for real a few times....not that I blame him!

Post by LAglamrocker »

wrestling gods please allow Sheamus to be champ at Mania and face Edge...could be a great middle card match. When Macho Man beat Flair it was midcard

have Vince and Bret do there match before Taker closes the event

R-Truth to win Money In The Bank!...it will be Kofi

Cena/Hart vs Batista/Vince...i love that!
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

I just finished watching The Royal Rumble.
(yeah, I'm always a bit behind)

I seriously thought I was going to have to turn it off.
That was the WORST Rumble I've seen. (and yes, I've seen more than 10 years worth)
The last time CM Punk was running his mouth, I actually got up to turn the shit off.
There were never enough men in the ring to make it exciting.
Cena laid on the mat for 20 minutes. ~yawn~
TERRIBLE WRITING!

They have made the next couple of months so obvious.
Taker will have to drop the belt to... ANYONE so that he and HBK can have their final match...
Edge new Heavy Weight Champion to put him "back in the mix".
~Yawn~
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Caustic Queen wrote:
va_rocker wrote:

Sheamus... well i've given my opinion of him several times. Good in ring but a terrible gimmick.
?
:shock: But.. ShameUsAll does "The Big Boot"... he's the next Hogan... How can you not like him?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Funny enough (if you've ever read Hogan's book) Sheamus's gimmick is basically what Vince originally had in mind for Hogan. He wanted "Hulk Hogan" to be an Irish brawler. He even wanted him to die his hair red...
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Is wondering why Batista got involved. Should be interesting.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Caustic Queen wrote: The last time CM Punk was running his mouth, I actually got up to turn the shit off.
I loved the Punk stuff. The used one of their biggest matches of the year to let him do his thing which is a good thing. WWE needs some strong heels right now and Punk is nailing it.

Biggest problem with Punk's RR performance is, and this is typical, it was The H who came in and threw him out. Should have been someone who isn't stale and could use the rub. Also, during Punk's rants, it would have been awesome if they brought someone in like RVD or Sandman. If you're going to let him build up the gimmick, then go all out with it. Someone like The H would probably be the absolute LAST guy in the industry right now that should have been the one to take Punk's heat there. But you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks. We could really use another torn quad right about now because he simply doesn't get it and probably never will.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Sabu wrote:
Caustic Queen wrote: The last time CM Punk was running his mouth, I actually got up to turn the shit off.
I loved the Punk stuff. The used one of their biggest matches of the year to let him do his thing which is a good thing. WWE needs some strong heels right now and Punk is nailing it.

Biggest problem with Punk's RR performance is, and this is typical, it was The H who came in and threw him out. Should have been someone who isn't stale and could use the rub. Also, during Punk's rants, it would have been awesome if they brought someone in like RVD or Sandman. If you're going to let him build up the gimmick, then go all out with it. Someone like The H would probably be the absolute LAST guy in the industry right now that should have been the one to take Punk's heat there. But you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks.
Gotta agree as much as I love Triple H, you are right. CM Punk is awesome and H coming in a eliminating him was weak.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Mysterio challenging for the WHC is a fucking joke..Whats next? Big Show as the Cruiserweight Champ? :roll: :roll: :roll:
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

really everyone thinks TNA is change and the new cool thing? but there champ is what 5'10 180 pounds? ha,ha yea hes a heavyweight!

nice to see Bret is falling for Vinces masterplan, sure Bret will win at Mania but at what cost?

Vince now has a clip of kicking him in the nuts, and another of spitting in his face, you dont think Vince will be showing those in highlights forever do you!...when media needs clips for WWE like Entertainment Tonight, Espn and other outlets...he will send the clips of him kicking Bret in his nuts, spitting on him and others planned in the coming weeks ha,ha

but Bret will "win"
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

LAglamrocker wrote:really everyone thinks TNA is change and the new cool thing? but there champ is what 5'10 180 pounds? ha,ha yea hes a heavyweight!

nice to see Bret is falling for Vinces masterplan, sure Bret will win at Mania but at what cost?

Vince now has a clip of kicking him in the nuts, and another of spitting in his face, you dont think Vince will be showing those in highlights forever do you!...when media needs clips for WWE like Entertainment Tonight, Espn and other outlets...he will send the clips of him kicking Bret in his nuts, spitting on him and others planned in the coming weeks ha,ha

but Bret will "win"
Old school booking. Heel humiliates the face for months at a time until FINALLY the face gets his revenge in the big match. This has been booked perfectly so far. Where's the draw at Mania if next week Bret locks on the sharpshooter, shaves Vince bald, and then kicks his dog in the middle of the ring? If Bret were to get the upper hand on Vince last night, the payoff would be gone and the feud over. Bret's in for a lot more over the next several weeks.

Also you have to keep in mind that a lot of the WWE fans today have no idea who Bret is. Sure they know he was champ and a Hall of Famer... but the guy hasn't been in WWE in 12 years. I'd say 25% of their audience weren't even born yet. So for that large group that doesn't know who Bret is, you have to go out and make sure those fans are sympathetic towards him. The old school fans know the history and heat between Vince, so this angle automatically registers with them... but it doesn't to the new fans, so you get 2 months of Bret being clowned.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

yea I know what Vince is doing from day 1 with Bret, still fun to see

Bret was awesome and is awesome now, gives RAW a fresh new look to it..I love what CM Punk is doing now,its great
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

About time they got rid of the name ECW. Now people can finally stop complaining that WWECW isn't like the real ECE.
Even thought the real ECW for a time was funded by Vinnie-Mac.

MORE ON WWE'S SYFY SERIES
by Mike Johnson @ 8:24 PM on 2/2/2010

Sources in WWE just confirmed the ECW on SyFy series will indeed go forward under the name WWE NXT, with NXT standing for "Next Generation."

As we initially broke back in November 2009 in the PWInsider.com Elite section, one of the concepts pitched to SyFy was to build the series around an entirely new cast of characters with the tease being viewers could watch them debut and develop nowhere but on SyFy. One would think a lot of talents will be coming up from WWE developmental soon.
Where's Izzy?