Best / Worst sports comeback from retirement

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Best / Worst sports comeback from retirement

Post by dtmfs »

Holyfield is definitley better than Bowe historically. Holyfield lost to him the first time in a pretty damn close fight to a much larger guy. Holyfield beat his ass the next fight then lost the 3rd. Bowe was a disgrace, aside from Holy He always seemed to duck people. he blatantly backed down from lewis, Fuck who else did the guy ever fight? Golota and holyfield, that's it. Larry donald, and fuck who was the guy with the skullet, jorge something. Fuck I hated Bowe and his midget fucking trainer Rock newman or whatever the fuck his name was.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

dtmfs wrote:Holyfield is definitley better than Bowe historically. Holyfield lost to him the first time in a pretty damn close fight to a much larger guy. Holyfield beat his ass the next fight then lost the 3rd. Bowe was a disgrace, aside from Holy He always seemed to duck people. he blatantly backed down from lewis, Fuck who else did the guy ever fight? Golota and holyfield, that's it. Larry donald, and fuck who was the guy with the skullet, jorge something. Fuck I hated Bowe and his midget fucking trainer Rock newman or whatever the fuck his name was.
When Bowe threw the belts in the trash he threw away the legitimacy of the term "heavyweight champion of the world" with it.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

dtmfs wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote: He could have gotten himself traded. Everyone can. But I didn't realize he was that old.
He tried to get traded, If i remember correctly the Dolphins were who he wanted to play for, some time in the 90's Emmit smith also wanted to be traded to Miami at for a brief period over a contract dispute..

As a Miami fan I always wondered how having either of those coupled with an old yet still dangerous Marino would've turned out. Miami's D was great from the late 90's up to around 03. they just never had an offense outside of one season with Ricky williams.
He had retired and Jimmy wasn't having much luck getting KAJ and his running game off the ground in Miami and there were rumors they were going to make a play, but Sanders and the Lions were in a battle because he was only 2 years into a huge contract when he walked away.

The rumors started to swirl because an arbitrator had ruled that money was owed.