Your favourite wrestling memories?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Re: Your favourite wrestling memories?

Post by AcillateM »

Favorite time for me has to be the old Mid-South Wrestling days. Going to the Sam Houston Colliseum to see The Rock n Roll Express fight The Midnite Express every Friday night was fucking awesome.Along with Ted Dibiase,Jake The Snake,Butch Reid,Hacksaw Jim Duggan,Terry Taylor....fucking forgetaboutit!
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"
Al-Bone
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Al-Bone »

I went to a Crockett house show in April of '88, and Windham came out with JJ Dillon. The turn had not been shown on TV yet, and everyone was like WTF?!?!?! He beat Tim Horner that night.

The main event that night was Arn/Tully vs. The Road Warriors. Good times.

Other than that, I went to the Sat. Night's Main Event taping when Harley Race jobbed to Hogan. I saw Andre the Giant in person that night and was in awe. Andre beat Bam Bam Bigelow in the very last match.

I grew up watching the Memphis territory, and remember some of the knock-down drag outs between Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee. The Hair vs. Hair cage match with Lawler & Austin Idol where Tommy Rich hid underneath the ring and came out and cost Lawler the match. Of course the Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler run comes to mind as well.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

My favorite wrestling memory is going to the International Amphitheatre for the Bob Luce-promoted shows in the '70s. The shows combined the AWA with the WWA, which was based in Indiana and run by Dick the Bruiser and Wilbur Snyder. They drew some pretty impressive crowds, who were really rowdy. I was like 10 or 11 years old when I saw Andre the Giant in person for the first time. As big as he looked in pictures, they didn't really show you just how massive Andre was. Good times.

WE WANT BLOOD! WE WANT BLOOD!
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

The early 1980's going to TBS on saturday mornings for Georgia Championship Wrestling's tapings.

The bloody Tommy Rich vs Buzz Sawyer fued ending with the last battle of Atlanta in the steel cage.

Going to the Omni every other sunday night,the first Starcade split between Atlanta and Charlotte.

Not a favorite,but I remember going to one of the saturday night tapings and being told that night show was cancelled,turning on TBS at 6:05 and seeing Vince Mcmahon saying the WWF had taken over.

Lots of good memories from those times
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Al-Bone wrote:I went to a Crockett house show in April of '88, and Windham came out with JJ Dillon. The turn had not been shown on TV yet, and everyone was like WTF?!?!?! He beat Tim Horner that night.

The main event that night was Arn/Tully vs. The Road Warriors. Good times.

Other than that, I went to the Sat. Night's Main Event taping when Harley Race jobbed to Hogan. I saw Andre the Giant in person that night and was in awe. Andre beat Bam Bam Bigelow in the very last match.

I grew up watching the Memphis territory, and remember some of the knock-down drag outs between Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee. The Hair vs. Hair cage match with Lawler & Austin Idol where Tommy Rich hid underneath the ring and came out and cost Lawler the match. Of course the Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler run comes to mind as well.
Okay...this reminded me of some of my live wrestling memories. My first card was an NWA house show with the RNR Express vs The Russians. My cousin was such a mark that he thought it'd be funny to start some shit with Ricky Orton on his way to the ring (we liked the heels) and ended up throwing ice at him, which got him kicked out before the match started. He had to wait for us outside until the show was over...LOL

I saw The Great American Bash headlined by Flair/Morton where The Horsemen had "broken" Ricky's nose. It was a cage match and the first thing Flair did when the match started was rip off Ricky's nose protector and throw it into the crowd, then proceeded to pretty much punch him in the bloody nose for an hour...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Al-Bone
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Al-Bone »

Another live event memory. I went to another NWA/WCW house show in '89 or '90. Doom (Ron Simmons/Butch Reed) had just finished a match and were on their way back to the ring. Me and my friend were standing along the ring entrance aisle, and there was this huge biker dude next to us that was pushing & taunting the wrestlers. Security was taking Doom to the back and the biker dude had pushed Ron Simmons, and Ron said "THE NEXT MOTHERFUCKER THAT PUSHES ME IS GONNA GET HIS MOTHERFUCKIN' HEAD BUSTED!!!" Even though they were still in the masks, I knew that was Ron and he was telling security to do their jobs.

The main event was Ric Flair vs. The Great Muta for the World Title, which is the only time I ever got to see Flair wrestle.