McNabb's days in Philly numbered?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

McNabb's days in Philly numbered?

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Big rumor out of Philadelphia is that the Eagles have offered a contract to Kevin Kolb, backup QB. It's pretty widely known that he is the heir apparent to McNabb. The question is, what would the move mean? Are they trying to lock him up before more marquee QBs like Manning and Brees get new deals? Are they trying to hedge their bets after teams like Cleveland have shown interest in Kolb? McNabb and Vick are both under contract for one more season. Personally I think that the Eagles and Vikings are waiting to hear what Favre's plans are and that if he retires a deal would be worked out pretty quickly.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: McNabb's days in Philly numbered?

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Big rumor out of Philadelphia is that the Eagles have offered a contract to Kevin Kolb, backup QB. It's pretty widely known that he is the heir apparent to McNabb. The question is, what would the move mean? Are they trying to lock him up before more marquee QBs like Manning and Brees get new deals? Are they trying to hedge their bets after teams like Cleveland have shown interest in Kolb? McNabb and Vick are both under contract for one more season. Personally I think that the Eagles and Vikings are waiting to hear what Favre's plans are and that if he retires a deal would be worked out pretty quickly.
Philly is smart...Kolb looked very good this year and you'll have to move on some time. I'm not sure its feasable to keep McNabb if they sign Kolb to a big deal though, he'll want to go and seek "revenge."

Like the Montana/Steve Young stuff.
DenimAndLeather
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by DenimAndLeather »

Kolb will be good with Philly, but McNabb still has some time left. He'd be a good veteran QB somewhere else if the Eagles decide to go that route.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

I think the Vikings have a serious interest in McNabb. Even Childress doesn't want to have to wait until the end of August to get his QB. If Favre retires/unretires, he'll have to find yet another home. If the Vikes don't jump on this trade, and Favre doesn't come back, they don't like the QB's they are stuck with.........
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I think this would be a great move by the Vikes.

Fuck Farve and his tired act.

The Vikes are built to win NOW and you never know how small that window is. McNab could be the guy...and I like that he still has something to prove: that he can win a Super bowl.

Fucking Farve...you watch that guy play and you can't help but get the feeling that deep down, he's thinking "Fuck it, I already won one," which makes him more prone to these moronic plays he's made in the 21st centurty.
DenimAndLeather

Post by DenimAndLeather »

Crazy Levi wrote:I think this would be a great move by the Vikes.

Fuck Farve and his tired act.

The Vikes are built to win NOW and you never know how small that window is. McNab could be the guy...and I like that he still has something to prove: that he can win a Super bowl.

Fucking Farve...you watch that guy play and you can't help but get the feeling that deep down, he's thinking "Fuck it, I already won one," which makes him more prone to these moronic plays he's made in the 21st centurty.
This!

I enjoyed watching Favre in his prime, but now he's fucking done. I guess they forgot to tell him
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

It's time for McNabb to go.

He had his window, but that's over.

Philly is retooling on the fly and they need someone to develop a rapport with and spend the next 10 years tossing to DJ, BC and JM, and McNabb is not that guy.

McNabb has to go the Steve McNair route (minus the murder) and get himself on a team that's in a win now mode.

The Vikes should tell Favre to fuck off and bring in McNabb. McNabb also has a history of big game flops, but his flopping usually involves passes in the dirt, way out of bounds and severely overthrown. Obviously, incompletions and the inability to sustain a drive are bad, but they aren't as bad as giving the ball to the other team. Plus, McNabb would have something he never had in Philly - a pile moving running game to fall back on.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Sportingnews.com is reporting that the Rams and Eagles have had significant talks about the Rams acquiring McNabb. I think it's telling they haven't made a decision on Vick yet either.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I think it's telling they haven't made a decision on Vick yet either.
But they have gone on record as saying that they won't release him before his roster bonus is due. I know with the uncapped year, it's not a hinderance to have all three on the roster, but you'd think that the organization would like to move one of them before the season starts.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

McNabb is almost certainly going somewhere.

Last year they took their shot.

Now it's time to get those young receivers working with a QB that'll be around for the next 10 years.

I'd say McNabb goes to someone in "win now" mode, not a wild prediction by any stretch. Obviously, Minnesota is a possible destination with Childress being there. Of course, that will depend on what the "down to earth because he wears tshirts and jeans and shit" training camp skipper decides.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

It's time to unload McNabb while he still has value and then pay Kolb below market value until he proves himself. Vick will be holding the leash, er......I mean........clipboard.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch