Do you think Mosely can beat Mayweather?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Re: Do you think Mosely can beat Mayweather?

Post by thejuggernaut »

He has a damn good shot at beating Mayweather.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

I don't think so.
hammerheadshark74
Opening for Slaughter

Post by hammerheadshark74 »

Yes, I think he will beat Mayweather, if he's still the Mosley he once was....just as fast and more powerful. De La Hoya arguably beat Mayweather....so unless he's on the decline, I think he will...
Cyber Spirit

Post by Cyber Spirit »

hammerheadshark74 wrote:Yes, I think he will beat Mayweather, if he's still the Mosley he once was....just as fast and more powerful. De La Hoya arguably beat Mayweather....so unless he's on the decline, I think he will...
Good point.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

fuck yeah he can beat him. hope he does. i hate that little fagweather
Cyber Spirit

Post by Cyber Spirit »

It will be a fight worth watching,thats for sure.
hammerheadshark74
Opening for Slaughter

Cyber Spirit wrote:It will be a fight worth watching,thats for sure.
Yeah, I agree. Can't wait :!: If this was 2000 Mosley, I'd say for sure, but it's 2010 now, it just depends on how much he has left...he looks great. Like you said, it should be good...
Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

I wanna see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather already. Clottey is done.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

A very boring fight tonight between Pacman and Clottey.

Mayweather will beat Mosley and then he will beat Pacquiao.
CustardPie76
Saving Up For a Guitar

Post by CustardPie76 »

The Pacman wins again! YES!! :o

I'd love to see the fight if Mayweather wasn't being a cowardice bitch in a corner.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Mayweather won't ever fight Pac-man. He's scared. I can't stand watching Mayweather because while he me be technically amazing, he's boring as shit because he won't ever mix it up. Pac-man would kill him.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
hammerheadshark74
Opening for Slaughter

Out Of The Cellar wrote:I wanna see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather already. Clottey is done.
I know...I didn't even want to see this fight. The only interesting fight to me outside of Mosley-Mayweather is Pac/Mayweather....this fight was a waste of time IMO.
Sixdgritt wrote:Mayweather won't ever fight Pac-man. He's scared. I can't stand watching Mayweather because while he me be technically amazing, he's boring as shit because he won't ever mix it up. Pac-man would kill him.
Agree...I think he's scared of Pacman or the fight would have went off the first time around....I think he was scared to fight De La Hoya again, their rematch should've happened. After arguably losing the first fight, he didn't want another go with DLH....like Jones Jr., I think the weight loss for Pac physiologically ended DLH....would love to see him come back for one more fight after a year or two off...
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Pacquiao is very good, no doubt about it. His titles in 7 different weight classes prove it.

But let's take a look at the recent fights that have made him the mega superstar that he is now.

1. De La Hoya = This is a guy who was already over the hill and has lost pretty much every big fight he's ever had( he lost to Pernell Whitaker too. Bad decision). Mayweather beat him. Yes, he did beat him. It was close, but he won it. Oscar De La Hoya stopped fighting in the 2nd half of that bout. Oscar did the same thing against Felix Trinidad. It is not Mayweather's fault that Oscar cannot finish well.

2. Ricky Hatton= This guy is a bum. Floyd Mayweather knocked him out before Pacquiao did. He was already damaged goods.

3. Miguel Cotto= This was an impressive showing by Manny, but it's not like he beat an invincible fighter. Cotto had already been destroyed by Margarito and he got a lucky decision against Clottey.

4. Clottey= He lost to Cotto. Pacquiao fought a guy coming off a loss. Big fuckin deal.

Now let's talk about Mayweather.

Say what you will about the guy, but I don't remember him fighting on PPV against guys coming off of losses. I don't remember him building up a "big" fight with guys who have previously gotten their asses kicked. On May 1st, he will be fighting a guy who destroyed Margarito and beat Oscar twice, in his prime. Mosley is no bum.

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao will happen and Floyd will beat him.
hammerheadshark74
Opening for Slaughter

nycyankee wrote:
Oscar De La Hoya stopped fighting in the 2nd half of that bout. Oscar did the same thing against Felix Trinidad. It is not Mayweather's fault that Oscar cannot finish well.
Can't argue here. He would always frustrate the heck outta me as a fan. Virtually every big fight he ever had, he would start off extremely strong, win the first half of the fight and lose the second half, leaving it to a split decision that could go either way....if he'd only had more stamina, he would've won most every big fight he ever had, but it usually went the other way instead...although Mayweather and the second Mosley fight are very debatable....I don't think the Trinidad fight is....he clearly won that one, coasting or not...
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

hammerheadshark74 wrote:
Yeah, I agree. Can't wait :!: If this was 2000 Mosley, I'd say for sure, but it's 2010 now, it just depends on how much he has left...he looks great. Like you said, it should be good...
That's just it.

With what Mayweather's been doing, it's anyone's fight.
hammerheadshark74
Opening for Slaughter

thejuggernaut wrote:
hammerheadshark74 wrote:
That's just it.

With what Mayweather's been doing, it's anyone's fight.
Completely agree...and I do think Mosley will win unless he's lost a step or two...this is one that I've wanted to see for a few years now...