Do the Vikes have a chance? Part II

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Do the Vikes have a chance? Part II

Post by gr8twhte »

So far in free agency we lost Chester Taylor and Artis Hicks. The schedule will be tougher, our o-line is suspect and what about Favre? Plus the William's are a year older and on fucking trial.

Doesn't look good. Seems like we were built to win this year. Choke City, MN.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Do the Vikes have a chance? Part II

Post by UtahRatt »

With Bert, a good chance at winning the division.

Without Bert, a fighting chance for a wild card.

Far to early to make predictions.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

1. Schedules are almost irrelevant in this day and age. That used to hold true pre salary cap and UFA, and for the first few years of UFA. but it doesn't apply anymore.

2. Of course they have a chance. They just need to find a serviceable 3rd down back and another corner.

3. If they find themselves in another tie game in the playoffs, yank Favre and let someone manage the game.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Why don't you let the offseason and draft pan out before freaking out.

The Vikes last 4 drafts have been exceptional. I don't see why this year will be any different. Losing CT is hardly the end of the world.

And I'm more worried about Cedric Griffin than the Williams boys.
The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

Green Bay will win the division next season. Minnesota should still be good enough for second but they're probably going to end up in that 9-10 win area which doesn't guarantee them a playoff spot if they stick with Tavaris Jackson at QB.
Damsel-in-Distress wrote:Taime Downe=pork sausage in a goth wrapper.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

The Cusack wrote:Green Bay will win the division next season. Minnesota should still be good enough for second but they're probably going to end up in that 9-10 win area which doesn't guarantee them a playoff spot if they stick with Tavaris Jackson at QB.
You have no clue who is going to be the Viukes qb next year.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:
The Cusack wrote:Green Bay will win the division next season. Minnesota should still be good enough for second but they're probably going to end up in that 9-10 win area which doesn't guarantee them a playoff spot if they stick with Tavaris Jackson at QB.
Not only did Cusack say "if", are you saying it's a stretch for Tavaris to be the starting QB?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

UtahRatt wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:
Not only did Cusack say "if", are you saying it's a stretch for Tavaris to be the starting QB?
My post was based on the presumption that Brett Favre won't be back, which may or may not happen. If Favre is in fact done in Minnesota then Tavaris Jackson would be the starter unless they acquire another QB and that QB beats Jackson for the starting job.
Damsel-in-Distress wrote:Taime Downe=pork sausage in a goth wrapper.