The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Caustic Queen »

Monty610 wrote:Good riddance. Batista has nowhere left to go.

His most recent gimmick has been his best, unfortunately for him.

Oh, and no one got better matches out of him than 'Taker...
He's going to be the "Young and up-n-coming" star at TNA.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

TNA NXT is going to be great
Batista
Shelton
Jimmy Wang
Warlord(got some exposure recently on WWE.com, so Dixie will get him)
Mike Knox
Eugene(he might win he's Eric's B nephew)

the RVD era begins tonight taped!, any guesses 0.8,0.7,0.6,0.5,0.4???
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I am happy The Hart Dynasty won the tag team belts.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Vince just raped and gutted Smackdown, damn it was brutal!

can Smackdown be booked in arenas now, or is it going to be taped in a tv studio in Stamford, CT
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Wow, Morrison is fucked now that he's on Raw.

MVP, Christian and Kofi could really benefit from the move to Smackdown though.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

LAglamrocker wrote:Vince just raped and gutted Smackdown, damn it was brutal!

can Smackdown be booked in arenas now, or is it going to be taped in a tv studio in Stamford, CT
I get the feeling Smackdown is being turned into a dumping ground for the HAS-Beens and the Wanna-bes.

Morrison, RTruth, Edge and Jericho in exchange for Big Show, Kelly Kelly and Kofi?
REALLY?
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Caustic Queen wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:Vince just raped and gutted Smackdown, damn it was brutal!

I get the feeling Smackdown is being turned into a dumping ground for the HAS-Beens and the Wanna-bes.

Morrison, RTruth, Edge and Jericho in exchange for Big Show, Kelly Kelly and Kofi?
REALLY?
Could it mean that Vince takes Impact a little seriously, or at least wants to pile on before TNA gains any traction?
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

So I went and looked at the Full rosters..

HORNSWAGGLE got traded to SMACKDOWN?
LOL.. Well.. THAT makes up for taking away the best from the show.

I didn't even know who some of the people are on Smackdown..

With TNA's stats, I doubt Vince is worried.
Although, I wonder if the sudden push of the Hart Dynasty may be a slap in the face. They are suddenly doing all the classic Hart Foundation moves.. bringing back the moves and style of when all the TNA roster were around.. but using young guys to do it.
Maybe it's a helpful hint for Dixie...
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Is it just me or does anyone else think David Otunga's wife payed for him to be on NXT?
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Does anyone on here actually like wrestling? It seems like everyone comes here just to bitch and moan. WE ALL KNOW that wrestling isn't as good as it was in the 70's/80's/90's but all the pointless complaining is just dumb. If you don't like TNA/WWE then seek out Ring Of Honor or some Japanese wrestling that you might actually like. People bash TNA to no end but the Anderson/Angle match at LOCKDOWN last week (and I'm not just saying it because I was there) is sure to go down as a Match Of The Year Candidate. Anyone who watched that match and didn't enjoy it (not to mention the great build this feud has received) is not a wrestling fan period.
Where's Izzy?
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think David Otunga's wife payed for him to be on NXT?
LOL!

I'll admit.. I'm totally hooked on NXT.
I love the storylines inside the bigger picture angle.
I actually LIKE RTruth on that show. (not a big fan of his on Smackdown/Raw)
The show has made me LOVE Christian.. was never a fan before.. but the relationship they are developing with him and Heath Slater works for me.
I like that the guy rated number 1 has not won a match or a challenge. It makes it funny.
I love how they make the MIZ a total JACKASS.

Some of the "challenges" are a little boring, but.. it can't all be perfect.
I wish they were going to continue this concept.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

no need to take your TNA ball and go home

yea WWE is a different product from the Attitude era, but still entertaining and better in some ways, i love it

TNA let them be what they want, is some of it good, sure..does most of it suck, sure

I guess in a sludge world WWE is Bon Jovi a brand name, and TNA is a scab Bulletboys with 1 ageing singer that lives his life still like he's playing arenas still, still loves what he does, just too 50 or so diehards in every city

cant think of any kind of entertainment in my life I loved more them pro wrestling from watching it on tv or live since 1986.

yea NXT is awesome! I still see most of them in WWE when they get voted off
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Busted Open satellite radio show with Homicide
Hosts: Dave LaGreca & Doug Mortman
Airs Mondays and Wednesdays on Sirius 126 and XM 243 from 2-4 EST
Visit Facebook.com/bustedopen for more information.

-Homicide on his confidence in TNA management: "I have no faith in nobody. It's like somebody telling me every six or eight months they are going to give me a call and nothing happens... I want my money every Monday and we'll see what happens."

-Homicide on who makes the decisions in TNA: "Dixie is the boss. She'll say to bring in this guy or that guy, but I don't know who is the real boss. I don't know if it is Russo, if it is Hogan, or the jabroni security guards... I don't know who is my real boss."
:D
-Homicide on backstage politics: "There is a lot of political B.S. going on. I don't know what's going on. All I know is I am going to go out there, get paid, and take care of my family."

-Homicide on Hulk Hogan's impact on the locker room: "Hogan does come out and talk to the guys. He spoke to me about where I came from, why my name is Homicide and why I have this character, and he loved it... I'm like 'okay, you like it, but do something about it.'"
Where's Izzy?
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Give me a break AJ. I love wrestling. To the point where I defend it to idiots like UtardRatt who will never get it.

And I watch TNA religiously because it is another available wrestling show. But that doesn't mean I can't still complain when the way they go about things is completely assinine and there is no logic to their booking. Can they come up with a good/great match like Anderson/Angle every once in awhile? Sure. Can they make good moves like putting the strap on RVD? Sure.

But that doesn't mean they're great. They have a long way to go. WWE isn't awesome either, so don't get me wrong.

And count me in as an NXT nutswinger. I thought for sure I was gonna hate that show, but it's sold me. The challenges are boring and waste a lot of time, but otherwise it's pretty solid...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Does anyone watch Superstars anymore?
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:Does anyone watch Superstars anymore?
I don't even DVR it anymore. It's weird, I love wrestling but I've got to have some backstage/promo stuff on the show too. I don't like the "3 matches and no talk" format of Superstars...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Monty610 wrote:
ozzyrulz777 wrote:Does anyone watch Superstars anymore?
I don't even DVR it anymore. It's weird, I love wrestling but I've got to have some backstage/promo stuff on the show too. I don't like the "3 matches and no talk" format of Superstars...
Me neither. It just bores me. The only time I get excited is if CM Punk is on and that has not been in a while.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Monty610 wrote:I don't even DVR it anymore. It's weird, I love wrestling but I've got to have some backstage/promo stuff on the show too. I don't like the "3 matches and no talk" format of Superstars...
I don't mind the format, but it's the fact that the matches mean absolutely nothing. I mean does anyone give a fuck about a match like Carlito vs. Mark Henry?
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Going to Monday Night Raw tomorrow :twisted: :mrgreen:
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Take tons of pics!
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Always take my camera with me 8)
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

i cant wait to see who gets Flair's WWE Hall Of Fame ring tonight!, ha,ha i bet LInda gets it, in the divorce. Will this bring TNA up from a record breaking 0.5 this week

whats happening to my TNA no Nasty Boys or Love Sponge, come on Dixie gives us what we want put the belt on Hulk, then a best of 7 series with Flair!

with Raw being stacked, expect Superstars tapings to have top talent, Morrison,R-Truth,Sheamus,Y2J,Edge and so on..all cant be on Raw every week
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

The Cutting Edge returns tonight with RKO as the guest 8)
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I am also wondering who will get the ring.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

HULK should drive to Jacksonville 2 hours 15 minutes and give the ring to Vince live on RAW at 9pm!!

I love how Dixie Dumbass thinks that the ratings will return to the impressive 1.0-1.3 weekly, but the reality is the causal fan that watched before knows TNA is a bigtime joke led by a truly dumbass below average MILF, ratings will be maybe .7 on a good night, its "over" honey

this "war" was entertaining, just showing how not to run a company

Bubba speaks the truth
ha,ha

Bubba the Love Sponge discussed his recent termination from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling on his radio show on Monday morning.
The show's discussion started with an audio clip of local news coverage of the firing which detailed the incident in January as well as the phone confrontation between Bubba and Awesome Kong on the Cowhead Show (which airs on the same station in Tampa that carries Bubba’s show) that took place last week.

Bubba noted how the incident with Awesome Kong started over his comments about the relief programs for Haiti after an Earthquake caused significant damage in January. He discussed the way that the relief has been distributed to the people and how a lot has not been given to the people and he said that he "looks right" about Haiti.

In regard to his firing from TNA, Bubba said that it was because he was "racially insensitive" for calling Awesome Kong a "dumb black bi**h." Bubba asked how that was ‘racial’ when TNA has a character called "The Black Pope" [Note: While D'Angelo Dinero has used that term online, TNA has never referred to him under that nickname], has a character who is “openly gay throwing milk on himself as if it is sperm” (Orlando Jordan), has booked Chelsea ‘dry humping Black Pope’, has a wrestler called "Black Machismo", and has a wrestler named Awesome Kong. [although Kong is no longer with the company.]

Bubba said that Dixie sent him an e-mail regarding the firing and there was discussion of having zero tolerance for racial insensitivity. He said that Dixie has advertisers, investors, and a board to answer to.

Bubba commented, “nobody watches TNA” while wondering why he got fired for what he did on the radio. He noted it was not on TNA programming and suggested that Awesome Kong and her fans organized Bubba’s firing from TNA.

During the segment, Bubba called Dixie a “mark” and wondered if Dixie listened to the Cowhead Show segment because Dixie "makes most of her decisions from marks". He talked about how she uses the internet to make decisions and then wondered if Vince McMahon listened to the internet to make decisions. Bubba then said that “TNA is run like marks” and suggested that Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, Terry Taylor, or Ed Ferrara should run the wrestling product.

Bubba said that they should “fire me because I suck or the product sucks”, but not because people Tweet Dixie Carter. He wondered how Kong could say "kiss my black a**" on the radio, but Bubba is considered the ‘racially insensitive’ one. He said that “Dixie hires and fires based on the internet.”

Bubba also wondered why Dixie still followed Kong’s Twitter account after she was no longer with the company while Dixie never followed his Twitter account. Bubba called Dixie a “mark b***h”.

Bubba said that he doesn’t care if he is part of TNA because it is “below him.” Bubba said that he was flipping off TNA with both hands while saying “thanks for the money.” Bubba again said that the “product sucks.”

One of the people on Bubba’s show wondered how they could complain about Bubba being ‘racially insensitive’ when they have a wrestler called Awesome Kong when ‘Kong’ is usually associated with King Kong. [They did not mention on the show that Kong was known as ‘Amazing Kong’ before she signed with TNA, so the name existed long before TNA hired her]. Bubba mentioned that he did not want to be considered a racist when he talked to her on the Cowhead Show by calling her by her real name.

Bubba discussed where he stands with Hulk Hogan and he said that he did not know. He said that Hogan told him to “take the high road”. The situation may effect their friendship because Hogan will probably have to distance himself from Bubba. One of the people on his show asked Bubba “what did Terry do for him?” Bubba said that he did not sue over the Kong beating incident in January because of his friendship with Hogan. Bubba did say that his attorney had discussed the situation with him and they are now looking into the possibility of seeking damages against TNA at this time.

Bubba asked if he deserved to be hit three times for his comments about Haiti in January. He said that the people in TNA “shuffled it off like nothing happened.” Bubba said that he would play the clip of the Hogan phone call the day after the incident when Hogan was laughing about it. Bubba read an e-mail that suggested that he should have challenged Kong immediately, but Bubba wondered how he would have looked if he did confront her physically at that point.

Bubba said that he has not mobilized his Bubba Army to deal with the firing, but said that a “modern day war” is going on. Bubba then read a number of e-mails that attacked him and were glad that he got fired from TNA. One of the cast members on Bubba’s show, Brent, called people who follow wrestling “morons.” They also wondered why so many people cared about Bubba being fired by TNA.

Bubba called Dixie a “mark a**” before commenting on a column written by Kevin Eck of The Baltimore Sun that discussed the Kong/Bubba telephone call on the Cowhead Show. Bubba wondered why Kong was now being portrayed as the victim in this entire situation. Bubba said that if he read the article and did not hear the radio interview, he would probably have fired himself as well. Bubba commented that Eck wrote “During the verbal exchange, BTLS called her a word that cannot appear on a family Web site seven times and also made remarks that had racial overtones” in his column. Bubba and his staff mentioned that they would have assumed that Bubba called Kong “the ‘n’ word” those seven times based on that working.

Bubba also commented on Eck’s bias against him and in favor of Dixie Carter because he started off his column saying “Before I get into this, let me first say that I would like nothing better than to never have to type the words “Bubba The Love Sponge” ever again. One, because I hate giving him or any shock jock publicity when they say outrageous and venomous things because that is exactly what they want; and two, because he is a crony who only has a job in pro wrestling because of who he has latched himself onto” and then wrote “I like TNA president Dixie Carter, and the consensus among everyone I know who knows her is that she is a classy person with a good heart” about Dixie.

Bubba said that he believed that Eck's column was the reason why he was fired from TNA. Bubba then played the confrontation on the Cowhead Show between him and Awesome Kong.

After playing the audio, Bubba said that he is “not going to miss the bull crap at TNA” but said that he met some great people in TNA. Bubba pointed out Sting, Jay Lethal, Jeff Jarrett, Jeremy Borash, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash among those he liked in TNA. It was actually a group of about thirty people. Bubba commented they “should get as much money as they can” from TNA.

Bubba took a number of calls from listeners and most of them were supportive of Bubba’s position. They said that they only watched TNA because of Bubba. One of the callers said to watch the ratings drop now that Bubba is gone.

Bubba said that Dixie’s decision to fire him was “knee-jerk” and that TNA will “feel the wrath of Bubba.” Bubba said that he is “not going to go out as the racist b***h they are portraying him as.” They ended the discussion by going back to Dixie’s mention of how she had to answer to advertisers and commented, “nobody is going to advertise because it is a horrible product.”

Bubba the Love Sponge’s radio show is based in Tampa on 102.5 ‘The Bone’ and is syndicated in a number of markets.

Kevin Eck’s column about the Bubba/Awesome Kong incident can be found by clicking here .

VINCE should load up Superstars and move it to 9pm
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Hilarious TNA is moving back to Thursday and taped shows. They started opposite march madness and quit by the second round of the NBA and NHL playoffs. The Monday Night Football schedule must have been too much for them.

I know they're a supposedly profitable operation (though no one's ever said if they paid back all the debts from the first 5 years of start up costs), but talk about turning tail and running a couple weeks after saying "you can't win the war when you're not on the battlefield."

I'm sure they'll get even more flack for encouraging fans to vote for the #1 challenger, probably not being happy with who legitimately won, and jobbing the guy out in 3 minutes. The fact he won the internet vote not being acknowledged won't help.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Pics from Monday Night Raw

[IMG]http://
i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll170/OverMe_2008/WWEMNR10005.jpg[/IMG]

LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

did they have a "dark" main event when Raw went off the air?

you get Raw but 2 NXT guys in the matches, were you disappointed a little?
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Nice pics. You didn't, by chance, bring Rockphoto with you to the event... did you?