The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by alecjonsludge »

johnk5150 wrote:
Garbageman wrote:San Jose was robbed for having to be on the ice at noon local time. Were they supposed to have their morning skate at 5AM?
San Jose had a week to schedule their morning skate.

-not to mention last change in order to get Malhotra out there against the Toews line.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Claude Julien is being compared to Grady Little. His track record says that he can get a team to the playoffs but can't get past the 2nd round. Whether he stays or goes comes down to what Jacobs' goals are. If they just want to make the playoffs and sell tickets then he stays. If they want to go for a championship then Julien goes and they figure out a way to get rid of some of the soft players on the team like Wideman.

Being that Jacobs is a cheap prick I think it means Julien will be back and that the Bruins will try to sell fans on the future. But that will just mean that Julien will fuck up handling whoever they they draft at #2 and either ruin him or piss him off so he doesn't want to stay in Boston.

Bring back Cherry!
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Game Two tonight! GO FLYERS!

"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
John Simon Ritchie

3-0
Leighton with his second straight shutout!
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:3-0
Habs are getting a taste of their own medicine, outshooting, and perhaps outplaying, their opponent, yet getting shut down by a hot goalie.

This is probably the end, but with the series shifting back to Montreal we still have a bit of life.

Can you imagine if the starting goalies in the Stanley Cup Final are named Niemi and Leighton? Everyone called that at the start of the season, right?
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:
Can you imagine if the starting goalies in the Stanley Cup Final are named Niemi and Leighton? Everyone called that at the start of the season, right?
Predicting hockey is a losing man's game. Not one hockey analyst in the world called the Eastern Conference. I still can't believe what's happened, although that might be just because I'm a Bruins fan. We usually end the season in a state of shock and disbelief.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Claude Julien is being compared to Grady Little. His track record says that he can get a team to the playoffs but can't get past the 2nd round. Whether he stays or goes comes down to what Jacobs' goals are. If they just want to make the playoffs and sell tickets then he stays. If they want to go for a championship then Julien goes and they figure out a way to get rid of some of the soft players on the team like Wideman.

Being that Jacobs is a cheap prick I think it means Julien will be back and that the Bruins will try to sell fans on the future. But that will just mean that Julien will fuck up handling whoever they they draft at #2 and either ruin him or piss him off so he doesn't want to stay in Boston.

Bring back Cherry!
Chiarelli came out and said he didn't have anything to apologize for. He then went on to brag about how the Bruins are one of five teams to have made it to the second round 2 years in a row.

Goodbye Ryder, Wideman, Begin, Paille, Thornton, and possibly Satan. They have to resign Boychuk, Seidenberg and Recchi would be good 3rd or 4th liner.

So, headed for the offseason activity, the roster should look like this or else Chiarelli has fucked up:

Seguin (most likely)
Krecji
Bergeron
Savard
Lucic
Wheeler
Sobotka
Recchi
Sturm (mid year)
Boychuk
Chara
Seidenberg
Stuart
Ference
Hunwick
Rask
Thomas

Some space to fill, but I like the nucleus. I'm not part of the angry mob who wants everyone fired and traded. They're close. I think Julien deserves one more year.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

chungasrevenge wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Claude Julien is being compared to Grady Little. His track record says that he can get a team to the playoffs but can't get past the 2nd round. Whether he stays or goes comes down to what Jacobs' goals are. If they just want to make the playoffs and sell tickets then he stays. If they want to go for a championship then Julien goes and they figure out a way to get rid of some of the soft players on the team like Wideman.

Bring back Cherry!
Chiarelli came out and said he didn't have anything to apologize for. He then went on to brag about how the Bruins are one of five teams to have made it to the second round 2 years in a row.

Goodbye Ryder, Wideman, Begin, Paille, Thornton, and possibly Satan. They have to resign Boychuk, Seidenberg and Recchi would be good 3rd or 4th liner.

So, headed for the offseason activity, the roster should look like this or else Chiarelli has fucked up:

Seguin (most likely)
Krecji
Bergeron
Savard
Lucic
Wheeler
Sobotka
Recchi
Sturm (mid year)
Boychuk
Chara
Seidenberg
Stuart
Ference
Hunwick
Rask
Thomas

Some space to fill, but I like the nucleus. I'm not part of the angry mob who wants everyone fired and traded. They're close. I think Julien deserves one more year.
I want them to bring back Thornton, Recchi and Satan. Satan & Krecji really clicked. The only ones that I want gone are Julien, Wideman, and Ryder. They have to get tougher, and that starts from the top. If Julien stays it will be more of the same.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Looking forward to looting and turning over cars on Madison Avenue tomorrow night.

What a pass from Hossa last night and Emrick adding 'Niemi said no' once last night was a nice touch.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Scatman
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Scatman »

This is getting fun. Ole!
The shape of drunk to come.
John Simon Ritchie

Ouch! Didn't like that! :wink:
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Ouch! Didn't like that! :wink:
We have a series, or seem to. Tomorrow is HUGE. It's still a must win for the Habs, as they can't go back to Philly down 3-1. If we do win though, I see this going 7 and anything can happen.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Blackhawks need to pick up their game on home ice and step on the necks of the Sharks tonight. That first home game was a bad thing in both previous series, hopefully they've adjusted and will play a disciplined game.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

What a fucking game!
Niemi was great and Nabokov was great...until the OT game-winner. He definitely lost track of the puck. Sweet blind pass by Bolland and roof shot by Byfuglien.

One win away from the Finals, unless they gag like the Bruins did.
I don't think they will.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Lardbucket wrote:One win away from the Finals, unless they gag like the Bruins did.
I'd like to see it. Imagine two series coming back from 3-0 deficits in a year.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Garbageman wrote:
Lardbucket wrote:One win away from the Finals, unless they gag like the Bruins did.
I'd like to see it. Imagine two series coming back from 3-0 deficits in a year.
I obviously disagree. One 3-0 collapse is more than enough, thank you.
:D
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Lardbucket wrote:What a fucking game!
Niemi was great and Nabokov was great...until the OT game-winner. He definitely lost track of the puck. Sweet blind pass by Bolland and roof shot by Byfuglien.

One win away from the Finals, unless they gag like the Bruins did.
I don't think they will.
Nabokov was EXPOSED. Where were the Sharks defensemen?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
John Simon Ritchie

3pm...let's see if The Flyers can get back to form.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:3pm...let's see if The Flyers can get back to form.
I thought we were due for a nailbiter and today's game seems to be it!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Well, on the bright side, the Habs are 1-0 in the series when they score a goal!

Oh, and if Philly and Chicago do go ahead to face each other in the final, NBC has annnounced that games will be played at 10:00 AM Eastern, so as to not disrupt their primetime, mid-afternoon, or morning broadcast schedules. :twisted:

Afternoon hockey fuckin' sucks you half-wit yankees!
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

Is it wrong that I want to stroke Hartnells beard?

Lets Go Flyers

Awesome. Another win for The Flyers and another shutout for Leighton.
As of now, it looks like we have a great chance of winning the honor of getting a beating by The Blackhawks! :wink: :lol:
Scatman

Post by Scatman »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Awesome. Another win for The Flyers and another shutout for Leighton.
As of now, it looks like we have a great chance of winning the honor of getting a beating by The Blackhawks! :wink: :lol:
Too true. And I am loving these shutouts. Let's see if we can wrap it up Monday nite.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Sinderella wrote:Is it wrong that I want to stroke Hartnells beard?

Lets Go Flyers
Ask Anne Thrax.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Congrats to the Philly Flyers and their fans. You now see why I wanted Boston. The Habs did not match up well with the Flyers at all.

I can't complain. The Habs completely reloaded this year and wound up going farther than all but two teams. If they stay the course, and make a couple of deals to lose some of their smaller, swift players, and add a couple of Philly-style dirtbags, the team just might have some promise.

I predict, the Kostitsyns, Carey Price, and a veteran D-man being moved, and a couple of bigger forwards coming in. Also, look for PK Subban to anchor the D for years to come (and for Marc-Andre Bergeron to be working in a car wash next year).
John Simon Ritchie

WOLF wrote:Congrats to the Philly Flyers and their fans. You now see why I wanted Boston. The Habs did not match up well with the Flyers at all.

I can't complain. The Habs completely reloaded this year and wound up going farther than all but two teams. If they stay the course, and make a couple of deals to lose some of their smaller, swift players, and add a couple of Philly-style dirtbags, the team just might have some promise.

I predict, the Kostitsyns, Carey Price, and a veteran D-man being moved, and a couple of bigger forwards coming in. Also, look for PK Subban to anchor the D for years to come (and for Marc-Andre Bergeron to be working in a car wash next year).

Yep. Gotta have some of those "Philly-style dirtbags"....dirt bags all the way to the Cup, mang! :P
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Hawks in 6.

Sorry John Simon Ritchie.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Scatman

Post by Scatman »

Flyers in six.
John Simon Ritchie

pieceofme wrote:Hawks in 6.

Sorry John Simon Ritchie.

All good. :wink:
Flyers in 6.
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

It starts TONIGHT.

GO HAWKS!!