THE LA LAKERS 2010 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: THE LA LAKERS 2010 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Post by johnk5150 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

Fraud Jackson took over a team that was already built for him with 2 of the top 5 players in the league on it at the same time. He did it twice, once with Jordan and Pippen and again with Shaq and Kobe. Those teams were going to win the same way the Bird, McHale & Parrish Celtics teams were going to win before them regardless who was coaching them. Doesn't make KC Jones a great coach, does it?
If they were so set up Doug Collins and Del Harris wouldn't have lost their jobs. Cleveland theoretically was set up this season and dipshit Brown insisted on keeping fat tall guys out on the court agains the Celtics allowing Boston to keep up with LeBro when the obvious way to beat Boston is to run them off the court. Coaching matters in the NBA. Jackson and Aurbach are the best. I don't know why that bothers you so much.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Heenan Snuka wrote:Kobe was raised by Fraud, who already had 8 years coaching experience and 6 titles

MJ built his team from the ground up...Fraud learned his way along with MJ

Kobe would never have the discipline to win even 1 title if he had any other coach...even the first 3 were all because of Shaq's dominance
NBA titles aren't won by one guy. Ask Iverson.

And Wilt.

$tevil
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

johnk5150 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:
Redman77 wrote:
Good call, it's nothing to lose your head over, right?
Jackson whines about officiating more than any other coach. It's always the officiating and never the other team that beats him.
Whining and working officials is an important part of his fucking JOB. Every good coach does it. If your REALLY paid attention, you'd notice every coach does it. If a coach isn't on a ref, he isn't working.
Lickey not only didn't get my joke, he doens't understand coaching in the NBA.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

johnk5150 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:

Fraud Jackson took over a team that was already built for him with 2 of the top 5 players in the league on it at the same time. He did it twice, once with Jordan and Pippen and again with Shaq and Kobe. Those teams were going to win the same way the Bird, McHale & Parrish Celtics teams were going to win before them regardless who was coaching them. Doesn't make KC Jones a great coach, does it?
If they were so set up Doug Collins and Del Harris wouldn't have lost their jobs. Cleveland theoretically was set up this season and dipshit Brown insisted on keeping fat tall guys out on the court agains the Celtics allowing Boston to keep up with LeBro when the obvious way to beat Boston is to run them off the court. Coaching matters in the NBA. Jackson and Aurbach are the best. I don't know why that bothers you so much.
Calling Phil Jackson a "fraud" is one of the lamest things I ever hear in sports talk. Notice that Del and Doug never won jack shit else where. And aside from the complete meltdown of the 2006 Mavs, Shaq wouldn't have a ring without Phil. Kobe, Scottie, and MJ all got rings thanks to Phil. Phil has 12 frikkin' rings. He doesn't need anyones approval.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tymaster wrote:Calling Phil Jackson a "fraud" is one of the lamest things I ever hear in sports talk. Notice that Del and Doug never won jack shit else where. And aside from the complete meltdown of the 2006 Mavs, Shaq wouldn't have a ring without Phil. Kobe, Scottie, and MJ all got rings thanks to Phil. Phil has 12 frikkin' rings. He doesn't need anyones approval.
Collins' Bulls teams were weak until his last season. And they were knocked out by Celtics and Pistons teams that were loaded with Hall Of Famers. Collins would have won with that team once it was finished being built up too. Jackson didn't win when Jordan left the first time, and he knew it was over when MJ was done. And once Jordan retired again Fraud took off for LA to go coach Shaq & Kobe with a loaded cast around them. He never went somewhere and helped build a team from scratch, he always walked into a ready made situation. The same thing KC Jones walked into in Boston. Doesn't make him a great coach as much as it does an opportunist. And get your numbers right - Fraud has 10 rings, not 12.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Calling Phil Jackson a "fraud" is one of the lamest things I ever hear in sports talk. Notice that Del and Doug never won jack shit else where. And aside from the complete meltdown of the 2006 Mavs, Shaq wouldn't have a ring without Phil. Kobe, Scottie, and MJ all got rings thanks to Phil. Phil has 12 frikkin' rings. He doesn't need anyones approval.
Collins' Bulls teams were weak until his last season. And they were knocked out by Celtics and Pistons teams that were loaded with Hall Of Famers. Collins would have won with that team once it was finished being built up too. Jackson didn't win when Jordan left the first time, and he knew it was over when MJ was done. And once Jordan retired again Fraud took off for LA to go coach Shaq & Kobe with a loaded cast around them. He never went somewhere and helped build a team from scratch, he always walked into a ready made situation. The same thing KC Jones walked into in Boston. Doesn't make him a great coach as much as it does an opportunist. And get your numbers right - Fraud has 10 rings, not 12.
Two rings as a player. Check your facts. Yes, those additional two were not as a coach, but if you think for a second that winning two title under Red Holzman didn't help his coaching acumen, you'd be a fool. But wait, you think TEN RINGS AS A COACH makes him a fraud, so we already know you to be a fool..........
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Tymaster wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:
Two rings as a player. Check your facts.
He needs to take his shoes off to count to 12, and we all know Licktey can't bend over to do that.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed. Any person that has been a part of 12 championship teams in any way, shape, or form, is a legend. Again, what have Del Harris and Doug Collins won?????????? Amazing what "Fraud Jackson" was able to do with the same teams. Stupid argument. You can't argue with 12 rings.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

As a Cavs fan though I want to intervene a little here. I think Brown and Ferry are both patsies. Whatever LBJ wanted, Ferry and Brown went and got him. When it turned out that Shaq, Mo, and Jamison weren't the answer, Ferry and Brown got whacked. Everyone in the nation wants to slam the organization for not getting LBJ a good "supporting cast," but what they fail to mention is that LBJ got the supporting cast he asked for! That's why the city of Cleveland is split on LBJ right now. No one wants him to leave, we love the kid. But on the other hand, he has melted down in the playoffs every year. And the idea that the franchise is doomed if he leaves is silly. The Cavs have been here for 40 years. If LBJ goes, Gilbert the billionaire will spent the money he has prepared for LBJ on other talent, and life will go on. Also, a big "F U" to ESPN for turning the "LBJ watch" into a giant soap opera like the Brett Favre crap they pull every year. When I turn on sports television, I want the box score, not pictures of the guys families and cars.......
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Brown got fired because he isnt a good playoff coach...he was a young coach simply installed in the beginning to get the young players going...like Scott Brooks and Vinny Del Negro, etc...

James eventually outgrew him...it was the right move to fire Brown...they had the team to win, and I always sensed he was dumb as a rock even before they flamed out of the playoffs last year

the GM hired Brown, so he followed suit...

James now needs a big-time coach...remember all the speculation about Doc Rivers resigning at the end of this year? he is about the only coach that can match Phil Jackson
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Heenan Snuka wrote:Brown got fired because he isnt a good playoff coach...he was a young coach simply installed in the beginning to get the young players going...like Scott Brooks and Vinny Del Negro, etc...

James eventually outgrew him...it was the right move to fire Brown...they had the team to win, and I always sensed he was dumb as a rock even before they flamed out of the playoffs last year

James now needs a big-time coach...remember all the speculation about Doc Rivers resigning at the end of this year? he is about the only coach that can match Phil Jackson
Not saying changes didn't have to be made, just pointing out that Brown and Ferry did everything for LBJ. Don't think for a second that LBJ didn't have a hand in picking Brown to be his coach when LBJ ran Silas out of town either.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tymaster wrote:Two rings as a player. Check your facts. Yes, those additional two were not as a coach, but if you think for a second that winning two title under Red Holzman didn't help his coaching acumen, you'd be a fool. But wait, you think TEN RINGS AS A COACH makes him a fraud, so we already know you to be a fool..........
We are talking about his coaching abilities. He has 10 rings as a coach. The other rings don't count when discussing coaching ability. KC Jones has 2 rings as an NCAA player and 8 as a Celtic player to go with 2 as a coach. That makes 12 as well, to go along with his gold medal. But when discussing him as a coach only 2 count.

And then the facts behind those 2 have to be considered. Jones walked into a great situation with 3 HOF'ers and several other great players and then got a 4th HOF'er in Walton for his last ring. Bill Fitch built that team, which for the record hadn't won the 2 previous seasons before he got there but was already very much competitive and just ran into some hot teams. Jones was simply in the right place at the right time. Sure he had to deal with some egos but for the most part all he had to do was roll the ball out every night. What a great strategist - "Give the ball to Larry". I don't think I could have thought of that.

Jackson did the same thing in Chicago with Jordan. Massaged some egos, drew up a few plays, and then watched the best basketball player on the planet win 6 titles for him. And when that ended he went to LA to go coach Shaq and Kobe. He built nothing himself. How many titles did he win without either Jordan & Pippen or Shaq & Kobe? The answer is one, and I give him full credit for that one. He still needed one of the top 3 players in the league and a very good surrounding cast to do it, but he should get credit for it.

He's no Auerbach. Red took over a franchise that was pathetic, and then acquired the players and came up with the strategies to make them champions. The 6th man and fast breaks were Auerbach creations. He coached and/or built 16 championship teams. And the one's that he didn't personally coach were coached by his former players - Russell, Heinsohn, & Jones (with the exception being Fitch). And people want to compare Fraud to Auerbach? Please...it's not even close.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tymaster wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:Brown got fired because he isnt a good playoff coach...he was a young coach simply installed in the beginning to get the young players going...like Scott Brooks and Vinny Del Negro, etc...

Not saying changes didn't have to be made, just pointing out that Brown and Ferry did everything for LBJ. Don't think for a second that LBJ didn't have a hand in picking Brown to be his coach when LBJ ran Silas out of town either.
Brown got absolutely schooled by Rivers. He had to go. Shaq was there to deal with Howard & Orlando, not Boston. Brown should have run the Celtics off the floor and instead he decided to play post up.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tymaster wrote: Collins' Bulls teams were weak until his last season. And they were knocked out by Celtics and Pistons teams that were loaded with Hall Of Famers. Collins would have won with that team once it was finished being built up too. Jackson didn't win when Jordan left the first time, and he knew it was over when MJ was done.
They won 55 games the year Jordan retired with the greatest basketball player in history playing fucking BASEBALL. The fact they gave Lenny Wilkins coach of the year that season is a fucking joke. That Bulls team was a shitty Hugh Hollins call away from making the conference finals without the best player in the history of the game. This revisionist bullshit regarding the work Jackson did with those Bulls team is laughable. His work with the Lakers is just as impressive. Massaging egos, recognizing matchups and hiring the right assistants is just as important as Xs and Os or Jerry Sloan and Flip Saunders would have 10 rings. And he didn't know it was over when MJ was done. Krause didn't renew his contract.

Can we keep the retards out of the NBA threads please?
Last edited by johnk5150 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Two rings as a player. Check your facts. Yes, those additional two were not as a coach, but if you think for a second that winning two title under Red Holzman didn't help his coaching acumen, you'd be a fool. But wait, you think TEN RINGS AS A COACH makes him a fraud, so we already know you to be a fool..........
We are talking about his coaching abilities. He has 10 rings as a coach. The other rings don't count when discussing coaching ability. KC Jones has 2 rings as an NCAA player and 8 as a Celtic player to go with 2 as a coach. That makes 12 as well, to go along with his gold medal. But when discussing him as a coach only 2 count.

And then the facts behind those 2 have to be considered. Jones walked into a great situation with 3 HOF'ers and several other great players and then got a 4th HOF'er in Walton for his last ring. Bill Fitch built that team, which for the record hadn't won the 2 previous seasons before he got there but was already very much competitive and just ran into some hot teams. Jones was simply in the right place at the right time. Sure he had to deal with some egos but for the most part all he had to do was roll the ball out every night. What a great strategist - "Give the ball to Larry". I don't think I could have thought of that.

Jackson did the same thing in Chicago with Jordan. Massaged some egos, drew up a few plays, and then watched the best basketball player on the planet win 6 titles for him. And when that ended he went to LA to go coach Shaq and Kobe. He built nothing himself. How many titles did he win without either Jordan & Pippen or Shaq & Kobe? The answer is one, and I give him full credit for that one. He still needed one of the top 3 players in the league and a very good surrounding cast to do it, but he should get credit for it.

He's no Auerbach. Red took over a franchise that was pathetic, and then acquired the players and came up with the strategies to make them champions. The 6th man and fast breaks were Auerbach creations. He coached and/or built 16 championship teams. And the one's that he didn't personally coach were coached by his former players - Russell, Heinsohn, & Jones (with the exception being Fitch). And people want to compare Fraud to Auerbach? Please...it's not even close.
It's ludicrous to say that Phil's rings as a player have nothing to do with his coaching when Phil admittedly says he learned how to coach from watching Red. Do some homework before you post about basketball dude.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

johnk5150 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tymaster wrote: Collins' Bulls teams were weak until his last season. And they were knocked out by Celtics and Pistons teams that were loaded with Hall Of Famers. Collins would have won with that team once it was finished being built up too. Jackson didn't win when Jordan left the first time, and he knew it was over when MJ was done.
They won 55 games the year Jordan retired with the greatest basketball player in history playing fucking BASEBALL. The fact they gave Lenny Wilkins coach of the year that season is a fucking joke. That Bulls team was a shitty Hugh Hollins call away from making the conference finals without the best player in the history of the game. This revisionist bullshit regarding the work Jackson did with those Bulls team is laughable. His work with the Lakers is just as impressive. Massaging egos, recognizing matchups and hiring the right assistants is just as important as Xs and Os or Jerry Sloan and Flip Saunders would have 10 rings. And he didn't know it was over when MJ was done. Sloan didn't renew his contract.

Can we keep the retards out of the NBA threads please?
I agree. Btw though, the way you posted the quotes make it look like I said those things. That was the moron skydog who thinks that Doug Collins is a better coach than Phil. Apparently Del Harris is too. :roll: Skydog is the P13 of basketball threadjacking.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:

Brown got absolutely schooled by Rivers. He had to go. Shaq was there to deal with Howard & Orlando, not Boston. Brown should have run the Celtics off the floor and instead he decided to play post up.
Again, I'm not arguing those points. My point is that it is well known in Ohio that Dan Gilbert, Mike Brown, and Danny Ferry couldn't buy a ham sandwich without first getting permission from Lebron. The organization has coddled him too much.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tymaster wrote:I agree. Btw though, the way you posted the quotes make it look like I said those things. That was the moron skydog who thinks that Doug Collins is a better coach than Phil. Apparently Del Harris is too. :roll: Skydog is the P13 of basketball threadjacking.
I never said Collins was better than Jackson, I just said if he stuck around he would have won championships too. Collins just didn't have the same team early on as Jackson got and he ran into Celtics and Piston teams that were stacked.

What I am saying is that Jackson is in no way, shape or form anywhere near as good as Red Auerbach.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:I agree. Btw though, the way you posted the quotes make it look like I said those things. That was the moron skydog who thinks that Doug Collins is a better coach than Phil. Apparently Del Harris is too. :roll: Skydog is the P13 of basketball threadjacking.
I never said Collins was better than Jackson, I just said if he stuck around he would have won championships too. Collins just didn't have the same team early on as Jackson got and he ran into Celtics and Piston teams that were stacked.

What I am saying is that Jackson is in no way, shape or form anywhere near as good as Red Auerbach.
I think it's a moot argument. We'll never know. It's like comparing Ali in his prime to Evander Holyfield in his prime. The 1974 Dolphins vs. The 1985 Bears. It's impossible to ever know.
I know this about Phil though:
Yes, his teams have been "loaded," but they didn't buy into the team concept until Phil came. Phil won titles running the triangle in Chicago without a center. He won titles in LA running the triangle without a true power forward. He made Dennis Rodman behave. He taught Rick Fox to not be a prima donna and that basketball is won away from the ball. He told Glenn Rice to shut the hell up and get out of town. He made Kobe quit being a little bitch and grow a pair. He's the Zen Master, and only the Zen Master could do these things. That's why he has 12 rings.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

No, no, Phil Jackson has absolutely NO COACHING TALENT! :lol:

I like all the new people posting, this is fun.
ImageImageImage
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Skate4RnR wrote:No, no, Phil Jackson has absolutely NO COACHING TALENT! :lol:

I like all the new people posting, this is fun.
There are people who think that Phil should go to a team like the Clippers or Kings and build them from the ground up the way Don Nelson or Larry Brown would to "cement his legacy." To those people I say: WHY!? If you've got 12 rings and you may well get your 13th, you have nothing to prove. Sorry. End of story.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Tymaster wrote:
There are people who think that Phil should go to a team like the Clippers or Kings and build them from the ground up the way Don Nelson or Larry Brown would to "cement his legacy."
Larry Brown is a greater coach than Phil Jackson. Phil never coached at Kansas.
ImageImageImage
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Skate4RnR wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
There are people who think that Phil should go to a team like the Clippers or Kings and build them from the ground up the way Don Nelson or Larry Brown would to "cement his legacy."
Larry Brown is a greater coach than Phil Jackson. Phil never coached at Kansas.
Opinion. Saying one coach is better than the other doesn't make it so, although you may be right. I think Steve Young is the greatest QB to ever play the game of football. My best friend thinks Joe Montana is the greatest QB to ever play football. All it does is make for sports bar fodder, and apparently sludge fodder.......
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Tymaster wrote:
Opinion. Saying one coach is better than the other doesn't make it so, although you may be right. I think Steve Young is the greatest QB to ever play the game of football. My best friend thinks Joe Montana is the greatest QB to ever play football. All it does is make for sports bar fodder, and apparently sludge fodder.......
That's where you're wrong you butt fucking, ball cupping faggot. That's why MJ IS NOT the greatest player of all time. Wilt Chamberlain is because he played at Kansas.

So did Paul Pierce but he's a fucking loud mouth piece of crusty dog shit.
ImageImageImage
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Skate4RnR wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
That's where you're wrong you butt fucking, ball cupping faggot. That's why MJ IS NOT the greatest player of all time. Wilt Chamberlain is because he played at Kansas.

So did Paul Pierce but he's a fucking loud mouth piece of crusty dog shit.
Are you Dorothy or Toto?
Kansas :roll:
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

:lol: Yep, that's what I said butter bread. You sure do read real good Tymaster!

IMPRESSIVE!
ImageImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

Do you ever in your infinite ability to 'what if' take personality into account? Ask anyone that ever played for Phil what they think of him. MJ retired for a second time because Krause decided he didn't want to give Phil what he was worth. The result? Pippen sign and trade, MJ retired and 10 straight years of shitty, SHITTY basketball here in Chicago led by Tim FUCKING Floyd.

Is he as good as Auerbach? Not fair for me to say yes or no. Anyone that believes he's a fraud sounds dumber with each keystroke.

$tevil
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

johnk5150 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:

Do you ever in your infinite ability to 'what if' take personality into account? Ask anyone that ever played for Phil what they think of him. MJ retired for a second time because Krause decided he didn't want to give Phil what he was worth. The result? Pippen sign and trade, MJ retired and 10 straight years of shitty, SHITTY basketball here in Chicago led by Tim FUCKING Floyd.

Is he as good as Auerbach? Not fair for me to say yes or no. Anyone that believes he's a fraud sounds dumber with each keystroke.
The 1998 dismantling of the Bulls was a crime. If Krause had paid Phil and kept the team intact, they could've "4 peated." I have no doubt. The only winner here was Luc Longley and that HUGE contract he got that he wasn't even close to be being worth. Oh, and Rodman went bat shit crazy in his stints with LA and Dallas..........
James_Addiction
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by James_Addiction »

Hey, the LAKERS won last night!!!!!

Highschool refs would have done a better job than the goofballs the NBA used last night, Derek Fisher received a good ol' Boston mugging at the hands of Garnett, Allen and Davis all on the same play and no flagrant foul?

Two more wins and it's "Sweet Sixteen" baby..........

And by the way wtf is this talk about Brown and Kansas...lol...
The Wizard of Westwood is laughing at you dumb asses.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Lakers to sweep in Boston!! ha,ha...it took a record breaking game to steal a game in LA. Things are back to normal in Laker land...0-13 ha,ha,ha,ha
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"