The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by BozoMcMetal »

"What do you mean keep your hands up?"
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

I didn't watch it. I can't think of a fight I had ever been less interested in than Liddell/Franklin.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

Chuch was putting a good fight, it seems he does not have the same KO power he used to.
I'm glad Mirko won, didn't see the other fights.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Bidokan wrote:Chuch was putting a good fight, it seems he does not have the same KO power he used to.
I also loved that Crocop won, and I haven't seen him throw kicks like that since the Mark Hunt fight. Nevertheless, and despite the fact that it's been a long time since I've seen him fight that good, you can clearly see that his speed has slowed down considerably.

I hope he retires. Would be good to leave on a high note, unlike Chuck. Although I wouldn't mind to see a rematch against Nogueira, I think he would definitely bash him this time.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

mullet_head wrote:
Bidokan wrote:Chuch was putting a good fight, it seems he does not have the same KO power he used to.
I also loved that Crocop won, and I haven't seen him throw kicks like that since the Mark Hunt fight. Nevertheless, and despite the fact that it's been a long time since I've seen him fight that good, you can clearly see that his speed has slowed down considerably.

I hope he retires. Would be good to leave on a high note, unlike Chuck. Although I wouldn't mind to see a rematch against Nogueira, I think he would definitely bash him this time.
Yeah, he has let go, is heavier and slower, damn he even smiles now.
I agree, he should plan a retirement, I think he probably has 3 more fights in him to go.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

You can even see that he's starting to develop love handles. Yeah I'd love to see him ktfo a few more guys with his high left kick, Nog or Kongo for example, I think he could beat them, especially Nogueira.
Wouldn't also mind to see him avenge his loss to Gonzaga but that seems too much of a stretch.

All in all in pains me to see him lose, he's one of my favorite fighters ever, so if he retires it's all good.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

I know what you mean, I wish Saku would retire, he is my favorite and I can't watch him get pummeled anymore, I just hope DREAM is paying him good.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Yeah that guy is a legend. Fucked those Gracies up, but he's what now, 40 or something?

These guys should know when to quit.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Roy Nelson vs. Junior Dos Santos in august. Should be good. Could the winner get a shot against Lesnar?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

Shane will have the chance against Lesnar first.

I really don't know how that will go, Carwin is huge but the way Lesnar overpowers you is scary.

Don't see Roy or Jr lasting long, maybe if they pull a Mir and get a good leg hook.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I guess it's close to impossible to beat Lesnar after a takedown. So a fighter that can knock him out standing has the best shot. Wouldn't you agree?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

I agree, then again, I think his achilles' heel are his legs, if they can get around being under Lesnar and get a good grip, he'll tap.

I hope Carwin gets a good chance to test Lesnar's chin, who knows he's probably a glass jaw too.
Kings1967
Playing in a Garage

Post by Kings1967 »

Carwin, I think, will be Lesnar's toughest challenger yet. Both weigh the same, and are separated by 1 inch in height. Carwin had a college wrestling career like Lesnar and was the NCAA II champ in 1999. He's also been training and fighting in the past year while Lesnar has been recovering from his health problems. Lesnar will be Carwin's first opponent to make it out of the 1st round, but it's going to be a tough fight for him to retain his belt, as it will be for Carwin to take it.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Am i the only one who thinks Lesnar's illness was bullshit???
I think it was put on so he can get more training and not get
his ass kicked by more experienced fighters...
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

tripsgirl wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Lesnar's illness was bullshit???
I think it was put on so he can get more training and not get
his ass kicked by more experienced fighters...
How can you say that?????

What's next? Brett faking his spidery brain eating tumor?
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Bidokan wrote: I hope Carwin gets a good chance to test Lesnar's chin, who knows he's probably a glass jaw too.
I would actually argue that he does. He seemed to be dazed by a few shots from Couture and in the rematch with Mir he got rocked by a knee in the second round. Luckily for Lesnar he landed on top of Mir and was able to recover.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
BD888
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BD888 »

Kings1967 wrote:Carwin, I think, will be Lesnar's toughest challenger yet. Both weigh the same, and are separated by 1 inch in height. Carwin had a college wrestling career like Lesnar and was the NCAA II champ in 1999. He's also been training and fighting in the past year while Lesnar has been recovering from his health problems. Lesnar will be Carwin's first opponent to make it out of the 1st round, but it's going to be a tough fight for him to retain his belt, as it will be for Carwin to take it.
They're not the same weight or height. Lesnar is 6'3 and weights 265lbs at the the weight ins but weighs well over 280-290lbs on fight night, Carwin is 6'0 and weighs 255-265lbs with shoes on and weighs the same on fight night.

I think a lot of the fight will take place with the fighter pushing each other against the cage, trying to take each other down, and avoiding getting hit. It will be interesting if Carwin doesn't get the KO in the 1st, to see what his cardio is like.
Kings1967
Playing in a Garage

Post by Kings1967 »

BD888 wrote:
Kings1967 wrote:Carwin, I think, will be Lesnar's toughest challenger yet. Both weigh the same, and are separated by 1 inch in height. Carwin had a college wrestling career like Lesnar and was the NCAA II champ in 1999. He's also been training and fighting in the past year while Lesnar has been recovering from his health problems. Lesnar will be Carwin's first opponent to make it out of the 1st round, but it's going to be a tough fight for him to retain his belt, as it will be for Carwin to take it.
They're not the same weight or height. Lesnar is 6'3 and weights 265lbs at the the weight ins but weighs well over 280-290lbs on fight night, Carwin is 6'0 and weighs 255-265lbs with shoes on and weighs the same on fight night.

I think a lot of the fight will take place with the fighter pushing each other against the cage, trying to take each other down, and avoiding getting hit. It will be interesting if Carwin doesn't get the KO in the 1st, to see what his cardio is like.
Most height listings on Carwin say he's somewhere between 6'1" - 6'3", though I wouldn't be surprised if that's fudged. I remember seeing one of Chris Chelios's hockey cards saying he was 6ft, and when I met him he was no more than 5'10" in his shoes.
I should have explained myself better with the weight. They will weigh the same at the weigh in, but Brock indeed comes to the ring closer to 300 on fight night. You know you've got your hands full when your opponent has to cut weight to make the heavyweight weigh-ins.
I'm thinking most of the fight will be against the cage as you described with both respecting the other's power, and not taking too much risk after the 1st minute of round 1. It's going to be interesting to see who can take the biggest punch, and if Brock can do his ground n' pound as he did in Lesnar v. Mir II. Carwin should be fine with cardio as I'm sure he's training and sparring for five rounds in the event it goes that far. Winner gets...Velasquez??
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

enter your username wrote:ANDERSON SILVA training with STEVEN SEAGAL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQw9fJ9CKk
Looks like Steven Seagal has been training with the Burger King.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

WEC put on another great event tonight, as usual. Hominick vs. Jouboin was awesome.

Jamie Varner got robbed, Kamal should have been dq'ed after that 3rd nut shot, or at least had another point taken. Varner clearly won the 1st 2 rounds, and probably lost the 3rd, no way should one judge have given all 3 to Kamal. Cecil Peoples comes through again and proves that he should not be allowed to judge MMA fights.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

enter your username wrote:ANDERSON SILVA training with STEVEN SEAGAL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQw9fJ9CKk
Shit, Chael's only chance now is to get Chuck Norris to train him or else he's fucked.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Kings1967 wrote:
BD888 wrote:

Most height listings on Carwin say he's somewhere between 6'1" - 6'3", though I wouldn't be surprised if that's fudged. I remember seeing one of Chris Chelios's hockey cards saying he was 6ft, and when I met him he was no more than 5'10" in his shoes.
I should have explained myself better with the weight. They will weigh the same at the weigh in, but Brock indeed comes to the ring closer to 300 on fight night. You know you've got your hands full when your opponent has to cut weight to make the heavyweight weigh-ins.
I'm thinking most of the fight will be against the cage as you described with both respecting the other's power, and not taking too much risk after the 1st minute of round 1. It's going to be interesting to see who can take the biggest punch, and if Brock can do his ground n' pound as he did in Lesnar v. Mir II. Carwin should be fine with cardio as I'm sure he's training and sparring for five rounds in the event it goes that far. Winner gets...Velasquez??
Yes, I think the winner will get Velasquez. If Carwin wins he'll probably fight again in 3 months, if Lesnar wins, I think we'll have to wait another 9 months.

If Lesnar loses, I'd like to see him fight Crocop.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

BD888 wrote:
Why, do you hate cops or something?
BD888

Post by BD888 »

mullet_head wrote:
BD888 wrote:
Why, do you hate cops or something?
Haha, no I like him, but I'd like to see what he'd do against Lesnar, when he'd be motivated.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Unlike someone like say Anderson Silva, whom I never seen even get rocked, cro cop's mileage is clearly showing. The man has had some epic fights in his career, that shit took it's toll. He's not even close to be the fighter he was back in Pride.
As much as I would like to see him ktfo Lesnar with a left high kick, realistically he wouldn't have much of a chance.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

I love Mirko, but don't see him doing good agaisnt Lesnar, in fact, the moment Mirko puts down his guard, he'll get KO.

I want to see Anderson Silva & GSP. plus a Quinton vs Monkey Evans rematch.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

If you have a time machine and can get the old Pride Cro Cop then yeah that would be a fight I'd like to see. UFC Cro Cop? Not so much. Hope he doesn't fight anymore and leaves on a high note.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

There's still Crocop vs. Randy, if randy ever moves up again. That would be a fair fight.
Out Of The Cellar

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

Fedor to fight on the 26 of June. Fuckin' cool.

http://www.fightofthenight.com/news/fed ... june-26th/
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

holy fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fedor taps in the first round!!!!!