***OFFICIAL*** 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP thread

Post by MickeyG »

Sublime from Germany, shocking from England's central defence. Terry has been shite.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

That was a clear goal!!

Fuckin' linesman!
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

The first touch from some of Englands players is shocking. If Owen Hargreaves hadn't have been injured for 2 years Gareth Barry would be nowhere near that England team. Ca$hley Cole, good going forward, shit at defending. Glen Johnson, not a good footballer all round.
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:That was a clear goal!!

Fuckin' linesman!
What a disgrace. Also if German defender gives the ball to Rooney, it's not offside. If England doesn't win, I hope Germany wins by two goals, otherwise the decisions seem even more shite.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Ok, no if's. 4-1 to Germany. Heskey the saviour for Defoe. :lol:
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

All over now, 4-1 Germany. They've took these chances well, but Barry was involved in both of Germany's second half goals. Not good enough. Defence, wide open, midfield provided no protection, forwards toothless.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:All over now, 4-1 Germany. They've took these chances well, but Barry was involved in both of Germany's second half goals. Not good enough. Defence, wide open, midfield provided no protection, forwards toothless.
capello for the axe now mickey? you know what the english press boys are like they'll smell blood after this showing.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I don't think he'll get axed. If they hadn't got out of the group stage then yes, he would of got axed or quit.

I think the press will blame FIFA and a lack of goal line technology to hide the fact England aren't good enough. This should be the last World Cup for the likes of Gerrard and Lampard who are either 30 or past 30.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:I don't think he'll get axed. If they hadn't got out of the group stage then yes, he would of got axed or quit.

I think the press will blame FIFA and a lack of goal line technology to hide the fact England aren't good enough. This should be the last World Cup for the likes of Gerrard and Lampard who are either 30 or past 30.
on sky sports and talksport the pundits are screaming for capello's head. capello has said he won't resign but will meet the english FA to discuss his future,to me this means he will go but wants a large kiss off to go. the figure being thrown around is £12.1 million.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Jeez, seems a bit rough after one tournament and after the fact he's just agreed a new deal. It's a bit like Benitez at Liverpool, although even more stupid than that.
Lofty
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lofty »

nycyankee wrote:
MickeyG wrote:C'mon dude, it wasn't that bad. Ghana's keeper was their best player for me. Sometimes it doesn't go your way. Look at Italy and France. They are in total disarray after their performances. The US were far better.

Italy and France have both won world cups. It would be nice if the U.S for once exceeded people's expectations.

The reason Soccer is not big in the U.S is because Americans know their team and league sucks.

U.S soccer actually regressed. We reached the quarterfinals in 2002.
And ye finished last in the group stages 4 years ago so that doesnt count up
CANCER IS A MOTHERFUCKER......BUT I'M GONNA MAKE IT MY BITCH......''CANCER......GET TO THE KITCHEN....AND MAKE ME A PIE''
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Mexicans getting raped. Should make a few happy on here.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

I feel sorry for both USA and Mexico, two teams who really deserved to get farther this time, especially with the shitty refs they got.

Other than that, this is the best fucking world cup in my lifetime. France and Italy sucked ass, as usual, but they actually lost for a change! And as if that wasn't enough to make me cream my pants, the island fags lead by another dirty guinea cunt got fucked in the most awesome way possible. Finally, payback for '66 to the nth power, in a historic world cup defeat brought on by a bunch of kids who even looked great doing it. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I don't even care if Argentina destroys us in the quarters now, this is already a success. And they're not exactly invincible either as Mexico made pretty obvious today.

It would be interesting to see one of the underdogs have some luck now too. I'd really like Uruguay or Ghana to stir some shit up at this point.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Hellsinkey wrote:Also if German defender gives the ball to Rooney, it's not offside.
That wasn't a faulty pass or some shit, "not offside" my ass. What are you, a woman?
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:
Hellsinkey wrote:Also if German defender gives the ball to Rooney, it's not offside.
That wasn't a faulty pass or some shit, "not offside" my ass. What are you, a woman?
You with the bleached hair and pink leather jacket aren't the one to talk. It's not offside if the defender interferes and touches the ball during the pass, like he did here. If the ball had gone straight to Rooney from the English player, it would have been offside.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

God damn!, I was hoping 5-0 but I can handle 3-1

I was hoping to see Argentina - Germany for the final, but i'm happy if either of those 2 win the cup.

I'm kinda sad U.S. got booted, they do play good as a team.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:I feel sorry for both USA and Mexico, two teams who really deserved to get farther this time, especially with the shitty refs they got.
Mexicans can go fuck themselves. For what should they get farther, to make your life easier in the semis? To mow the field's lawn before you play? Fuck that.
Now you get to face Argentina, and I get to see a great game (hopefully).

I do agree about USA. They deserved more.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

The US did decent, but lets be honest, they were lucky against England, and lucky Slovenia capitulated and got a last minute goal against Algeria. Replace any of their opponents with a Brazil, Argentina, Germany etc., and they wouldn't have got out of the group.
Sammi_Curr
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sammi_Curr »

CHILE te queremos ver campeon.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

MickeyG wrote:The English did decent, but lets be honest, they were lucky against America, and lucky Slovenia capitulated and couldn't even score a goal against Algeria. Replace any of their opponents with a Brazil, Argentina, Germany etc., and they wouldn't have got out of the group.
FYP and I completely agree, inbred islanders always think their players are good when in reality, they're not. American players aren't that good, but for some reason, they can play as a team.

Group C final results
1 USA
2 England
3 Slovenia
4 Algeria

Get used to it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

LOL, England were shite and yet still finished level on points with the US. A schoolboy error GIFTED the US a draw against a poor England. The final result of the group does not tell the whole story. This group was probably the worse group in the whole tournament. The US were unlucky against Ghana in the sense that they had a bunch of chances that Kingston did well to stop. But it's no surprise that the top 2 from group D eliminated the top 2 from group C.

BTW, I don't recall ever saying England were any good. Qualification results suggest England should have won group C comfortably. England plays in a far tougher Federation than the US.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

It used to be a pleasure to watch Brazil play. These days...not so much.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

MickeyG wrote:LOL, England were shite and yet still finished level on points with the US. A schoolboy error GIFTED the US a draw against a poor England. The final result of the group does not tell the whole story. This group was probably the worse group in the whole tournament. The US were unlucky against Ghana in the sense that they had a bunch of chances that Kingston did well to stop. But it's no surprise that the top 2 from group D eliminated the top 2 from group C.

BTW, I don't recall ever saying England were any good. Qualification results suggest England should have won group C comfortably. England plays in a far tougher Federation than the US.
God I love watching the English squirm.

Whoop de fucking shit you play in a far tougher confederation. You don't even play 10% of the good teams whenever there is a qualification. The aging Croatia and Ukraine were the only speed bumps in your way. Belarus, Andorra and Kazakhstan are nothing and your second place team couldn't even beat Greece in a playoff. I don't buy the tougher confederation bullshit. Hard to play up the powers of your competition when you never actually compete against most of them.

And it's kind of funny that one schoolboy error supposedly ruined your team. Normally a good team can overcome such mistakes, well, much like the US did against Slovenia.
Only users lose drugs.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

LOL, and I love seeing the Yanks lose their shit.

I must have touched a nerve with your response here. If you seriously think CONCACAF is tougher than UEFA then heaven help you. The US is pretty much guaranteed to qualify every time.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

MickeyG wrote:LOL, and I love seeing the Yanks lose their shit.

I must have touched a nerve with your response here. If you seriously think CONCACAF is tougher than UEFA then heaven help you. The US is pretty much guaranteed to qualify every time.
Agreeance,

Even Honduras got in for fuck's sake
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

CONCACAF is way too easy, and that's our (and Mexico's) problem. If we had to qualify in UEFA we would fail to do so periodically. It would be comparable if there were only two qualifying spots in CONCACAF, then we would miss out every three or four cycles or so.

That lack of decent competition kills us (and Mexico) when it's time to play the Argentinas, the Brazils, the Germanys and unfortunately the Ghanas as well. We should be taking part in Copa America in 2011 to get some tougher competition under our belt, but oh no, we have to play in the Gold Cup instead and prove our mettle against El Salvador and Cuba.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Agreed. Didn't the US get invited to the Copa America a few years back? Back in the 90's I think.

Thing is, to lose the US or Mexico from the CONCACAF Confederation would be a disaster for them. They are the only 2 teams that carry any weight worldwide and to lose them would not only weaken the quality, but also any voting rights within FIFA. I also think FIFA wants balance between the Confederations so they would probably block any moves. But why can't the Copa America include all North, central and south American teams? Have qualification like for the Euros. I don't see why that couldn't work.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

MickeyG wrote:LOL, and I love seeing the Yanks lose their shit.

Show me where I said that. I just find it funny how you claim how tough it is to qualify from Europe when you rarely play a heavyweight in Euro or World Cup qualifying. All your FA needs to do is ensure your top players for two . . . MAYBE four matches every two years and you qualify as long as you don't stink up the joint like you did in the '92/'93 qualifiers for USA '94.

True story.
Only users lose drugs.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

MickeyG wrote:Agreed. Didn't the US get invited to the Copa America a few years back? Back in the 90's I think.

Thing is, to lose the US or Mexico from the CONCACAF Confederation would be a disaster for them. They are the only 2 teams that carry any weight worldwide and to lose them would not only weaken the quality, but also any voting rights within FIFA. I also think FIFA wants balance between the Confederations so they would probably block any moves. But why can't the Copa America include all North, central and south American teams? Have qualification like for the Euros. I don't see why that couldn't work.
Copa America is the same as Euro championships. I think your confusing qualifying with the Continental Cup. We were in the '07 Copa America after winning the Gold Cup so we went with nothing but 3rd stringers and got smoked
Only users lose drugs.
nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

The rest of the world should be grateful that the U.S hates soccer. If we loved soccer like the rest of the world, and our athletes chose soccer over every other sport, the U.S would win every world cup. You are lucky that our rejects end up playing soccer.

It all comes down to economics. The day in which our athletes can make 10-15 million a yr playing soccer (in America), will be the day that Brazil stops winning world cups. Of course that day will never come so you guys have nothing to worry about.