Lesnar vs. Carwin......Who ya got?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Re: Lesnar vs. Carwin......Who ya got?

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

The Brock haters and their many many excuses...

FUCK YOU and FUCK THE CELTICS AGAIN...
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Did Brock tap or get KTFO? No.
Did Carwin tap? Sure as hell did.
Win: Lesnar.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

Carwin did not do enough for the referee to stop the fight in the first round, he punched himself out of breath w/o being accurate.

It was clear also that Brock did not want to exchange blows with him either, there is definitely a rematch, Carwin needs a ground game, he had the chance to go for Lesnar's legs and did not know what to do.

I'm happy Bonnar got a win.

Leben got lucky cause he was losing the fight, his calling out people and proclaiming himself as the best was pathetic.

I hope Anderson shuts Sonnen's mouth, I don't want him pulling that prancing around shit.
Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Leppardmania »

I was kind of surprised the ref didn't stop the fight in the 1st, but it obviously was the right call.......great win for Brock.

RambOWNED!!!
BD888

Post by BD888 »

I thought the fight was going to get stopped too, if that fight wasn't a title fight it would have been stopped after the 3rd or 4th punch. Great reffing, as Brock wasn't hurt, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he was defending himself intelligently, he did eat an elbow. Carwin just got too excited. Great fight, great card.
YYC

Post by YYC »

The Brock haters are so goddamn cute. He has proven wrong everything the naysayers have thrown out there. He's beaten a jiu-jitsu ace in Mir, a legend in Couture, and the best all-around striker in the division in Carwin. No chin? I think he debunked that as well. Nobody was looking for a submission from him, and he damn near pulled Carwin's head off. All the guy does is win, but if you go on Sherdog, they still won't give him any respect. The only thing left for the haters to say is that the fights are fixed. Get the fuck out of here. He's the man. Deal with it.

That being said, my buddy and I have been saying for quite some time that the man that will beat him will be Cain Velasquez. I'm rooting hard for Brock, but I think Cain takes him out in December. I also think Overeem would give him some problems as well if he ever comes over to UFC. As for Fedor, I'll go ahead and say---Brock would own him, as would a number of the top heavyweights out there right now.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

YYC wrote:The Brock haters are so goddamn cute. He has proven wrong everything the naysayers have thrown out there. He's beaten a jiu-jitsu ace in Mir, a legend in Couture, and the best all-around striker in the division in Carwin. No chin? I think he debunked that as well. Nobody was looking for a submission from him, and he damn near pulled Carwin's head off. All the guy does is win, but if you go on Sherdog, they still won't give him any respect. The only thing left for the haters to say is that the fights are fixed. Get the fuck out of here. He's the man. Deal with it.

That being said, my buddy and I have been saying for quite some time that the man that will beat him will be Cain Velasquez. I'm rooting hard for Brock, but I think Cain takes him out in December. I also think Overeem would give him some problems as well if he ever comes over to UFC. As for Fedor, I'll go ahead and say---Brock would own him, as would a number of the top heavyweights out there right now.
Allistair Overeem and Junior Dos Santos would like a word with you. Carwin has crazy power but shit technique.

I don't think Cain will beat him, but it will be a great fight.

Fedor would beat Brock. Brock showed terrible striking defense against Carwin, Fedor would put him down and pick his shots more conservatively.
YYC

Post by YYC »

I'm a fan of Fedor, but he's just been lacking something his last few fights. Brett Rogers is a scrub, and he gave him a scare in that fight. The Werdum fight was just like a "WTF? Why in the world would he do something so stupid." It's been a while since he's fought any true top-level competition. At this point, I think Overeem or Brock would hand him his ass, and I think even Mir or Valasquez would give him a run for his money. I don't think he's the same fighter that he once was, which is to be expected given his age and the mileage he's got on him at this point.

From an entertainment aspect, I'd really like to see Roy Nelson get a shot at Brock, which I think he will if he can beat Dos Santos. I don't think the actual fight would be that good, but the buildup and promos heading into it would be great, and Roy might give him more of a challenge than many would think. As much as I like Lesnar, I'd dig it if that tubby sumbitch was able to pull it out.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

A lot of fucking cunts don't like Brock because he is a college/amatuer wrestler, and because he is a pro wrestler, and because he is a so-so attempted and failed pro football player and becuse he's more of a gym maniac than anything else -- and because he is beating the fucking shit out of the dojo junkies from every style.

HA FUCKING HA

Some people pick winners, some people pick losers

Cram some rocks in your jagged cunt mouths and SHUT YOUR FUCKING WHINING -- YOU FUCKING PUSSIES!!
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Fedor's been fighting cans and freakshow fights since Pride. Could he be great again? Probably. Will he, doubtful. He'll stay in 2nd tier promotions and live off his Pride days 'till he retires.

Brock's quite possibly the best thing going for UFC right now. He's cut his teeth learning promotion with Vinny and the E, and now he can turn those learned skills into making press for the UFC. Added to which the big fucker keeps winning.
Look, Dana might have been public about Brock's behavior after the 2nd Mir fight, but let's be real, behind the curtain, you KNOW Dana and the boys were LOVING the press they got over Brock's asshole routine. Added to the fact that the big fucker is backing it up? Are you kidding me? That's pure gold!!! Total cash cow. The haters will keep Lesnar's name all over the net, and subsequently, keep the PPV numbers real high. As long as he's an asshole, and as long as he's winning, the money's gonna keep rolling in because people are gonna want to see him get shut the fuck up.
Think of a Big white Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Cassius Clay(before he was Ali, and the Greatest of All Time). Big mouths, hated by many, but still able to back up all the noise. Besides, Lesnar's press (good and bad) helps to sweep under the proverbial carpet the debacle that has become of Anderson Silva.

Overeem and Dos Santos would be great fights, but I don't think I'd bet against Lesnar just yet. Roy Nelson had better stay FAR away from the top Heavyweights. Carwin, Overeem, Dos Santos, Lesnar, Mir, all of them would hurt Roy fast, and badly. I'm sorry, Roy Nelson is nothing to me but MMA's Butterbean. An oddity. A little talent trapped inside a BIG tub of goo. If he were actually to get serious, and cut down, even to 205, he might be a threat. As it is, packing all that lard around a ring, a true contender is going to butcher him.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

nakedmadman wrote:Fedor's been fighting cans and freakshow fights since Pride. Could he be great again? Probably. Will he, doubtful. He'll stay in 2nd tier promotions and live off his Pride days 'till he retires.

Brock's quite possibly the best thing going for UFC right now. He's cut his teeth learning promotion with Vinny and the E, and now he can turn those learned skills into making press for the UFC. Added to which the big fucker keeps winning.
Look, Dana might have been public about Brock's behavior after the 2nd Mir fight, but let's be real, behind the curtain, you KNOW Dana and the boys were LOVING the press they got over Brock's asshole routine. Added to the fact that the big fucker is backing it up? Are you kidding me? That's pure gold!!! Total cash cow. The haters will keep Lesnar's name all over the net, and subsequently, keep the PPV numbers real high. As long as he's an asshole, and as long as he's winning, the money's gonna keep rolling in because people are gonna want to see him get shut the fuck up.
Think of a Big white Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Cassius Clay(before he was Ali, and the Greatest of All Time). Big mouths, hated by many, but still able to back up all the noise. Besides, Lesnar's press (good and bad) helps to sweep under the proverbial carpet the debacle that has become of Anderson Silva.

Overeem and Dos Santos would be great fights, but I don't think I'd bet against Lesnar just yet. Roy Nelson had better stay FAR away from the top Heavyweights. Carwin, Overeem, Dos Santos, Lesnar, Mir, all of them would hurt Roy fast, and badly. I'm sorry, Roy Nelson is nothing to me but MMA's Butterbean. An oddity. A little talent trapped inside a BIG tub of goo. If he were actually to get serious, and cut down, even to 205, he might be a threat. As it is, packing all that lard around a ring, a true contender is going to butcher him.
Nelson beat Mir in a grappling tourney in 2003. Don't let his appearance fool you, he is legit on the ground and has good hands too. I don't think he will beat JDS, but he could beat a lot of heavyweights.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

It seems like Carwin lost the fight just to fuck with Joe Rogan.

Rogan: "Do you see the way Shane is pushing with the elbow? As long as he continues to do so he'll be okay".
As soon as Joe finishes the sentence Shane taps. :lol:

Last event he was sure CroCop's jaw was broken.
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

I think Dos Santos is the only one who has a chance against Lesnar.

Carwin also has a chance if he works on cardio/ground.
YYC

Post by YYC »

mullet_head wrote:It seems like Carwin lost the fight just to fuck with Joe Rogan.

Rogan: "Do you see the way Shane is pushing with the elbow? As long as he continues to do so he'll be okay".
As soon as Joe finishes the sentence Shane taps. :lol:

Last event he was sure CroCop's jaw was broken.
We were laughing our asses off about that. Carwin's face is turning purple and Rogan is explaining how he is in no danger. Fucking idiot.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Is it just me or did Rogan's voice gotten more annoying over the years? I checked out some old UFCs VHS cassettes and he used to sound like he was high on weed, you just wanted to slap him so he would wake up.
Now it's like he shot cocaine when he does those high pitched screams every time someone connects a punch or when he's telling us what the fighter is going to do.
YYC

Post by YYC »

Do a shot every time he mentions training with Eddie Bravo. You'll be drunk before the prelims are over.