BJ PENN FIGHT Saturday Night

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

BJ PENN FIGHT Saturday Night

Post by yeahbuddy »

Anybody watching the BJ Penn fight on saturday?
I'm going to pass on buying this one.
I am not a big Penn fan. & the Randy C. & James Toney
fight does nothing for me.
However, the undercard is pretty good.
If money wasnt an issue, I would buy it. But it is, so not
going to happen.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Re: BJ PENN FIGHT Saturday Night

Post by BozoMcMetal »

BJ and Randy will steamroll their fights.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Thanks to however sent me the link to view the fight!
I went from that site to another site that streamed with no problems whatsoever.
The fights- what a lousy night of fights. BJ Penn got his ass handed to him. There was one brief moment that he tried something. Other than that, he did nothing.
The Toney/Randy fight was very predictable.
It was just a bad night. Joe Rogan and his partner were trying to put a positive spin on it, but it didnt work.
The next fight is end of Sept. Its Frank Mir, personally I think the guy is done. Anytime he goes against a fighter bigger than him, he gets his ass handed to him.
Again, thanks for sharing the link!
BD888
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BD888 »

Randy's fight was too quick, but I was jumping up and down like Christmas had come early. I am just happy he won.

BJ Penn fight was a very sad thing to watch. BJ looked slow and just couldn't land anything of significance on Edgar, who was like a hummingbird. Edgar fights a really boring fight. Jab, move, jab move, jab move, take down, stall, up jab move...with almost no power. Penn got hit so many times, and only the last knee seemed to bother him. Actually, Penn came off as arrogant, spoiled, and disinterested despite all his prefight interviews. I think he needs to move up to Welterweight where he won't have to cut so much weight, and will have a speed advantage again. Maynard vs. Edgar for the next LHW title may possibly be the most boring title fight in the history of the UFC, I can't see it headlining a PPV by itself.

Florian looked very average.

I want to see the full Lauzon fight, that one looked good from the 2 mins they showed at the end of the broadcast.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

BD888 wrote:I want to see the full Lauzon fight, that one looked good from the 2 mins they showed at the end of the broadcast.
:lol: That was the whole fight. It only lasted 2:01 or somthing like that.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

BD888 wrote:Randy's fight was too quick, but I was jumping up and down like Christmas had come early. I am just happy he won.

BJ Penn fight was a very sad thing to watch. BJ looked slow and just couldn't land anything of significance on Edgar, who was like a hummingbird. Edgar fights a really boring fight. Jab, move, jab move, jab move, take down, stall, up jab move...with almost no power. Penn got hit so many times, and only the last knee seemed to bother him. Actually, Penn came off as arrogant, spoiled, and disinterested despite all his prefight interviews. I think he needs to move up to Welterweight where he won't have to cut so much weight, and will have a speed advantage again. Maynard vs. Edgar for the next LHW title may possibly be the most boring title fight in the history of the UFC, I can't see it headlining a PPV by itself.

Mir/Crocop is the headline for the next PPV. That's not as bad as Maynard/Edgar would be but it's close.

Agree on Penn. From the start of the fight he looked out of it and it was a poor performance. Edgar is indeed an uninspiring champion. He won the fight quite handily, but there was nothing exciting about it.

Also agree on Randy. I'm glad he was the one who got to do it. Fuck, dude is 47 and still fighting three times a year. Just imagine how bad that would have been if Liddel was in his place...

Since I won't be at home for the next PPV I'll catch it in a sports bar, because I'm looking forward to seeing Mitrione fight again and see if he's improved.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tin00can wrote:
BD888 wrote:Randy's fight was too quick, but I was jumping up and down like Christmas had come early. I am just happy he won.

Mir/Crocop is the headline for the next PPV. That's not as bad as Maynard/Edgar would be but it's close.

Agree on Penn. From the start of the fight he looked out of it and it was a poor performance. Edgar is indeed an uninspiring champion. He won the fight quite handily, but there was nothing exciting about it.

Also agree on Randy. I'm glad he was the one who got to do it. Fuck, dude is 47 and still fighting three times a year. Just imagine how bad that would have been if Liddel was in his place...

Since I won't be at home for the next PPV I'll catch it in a sports bar, because I'm looking forward to seeing Mitrione fight again and see if he's improved.
Agree 100% with both posts.
The people sure love Randy, huh?
And he loves fighting. He is a classy guy and a true champion, in my opinion.
Did you guys notice how much the announcers were trying to put a positive spin on a very boring night of fights?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

enter your username wrote:
BD888 wrote:BJ Penn fight was a very sad thing to watch. BJ looked slow and just couldn't land anything of significance on Edgar, who was like a hummingbird.
Penn seems to fall apart when things don't go his way. He's getting a reputation for being mentally weak.
BD888 wrote: I want to see the full Lauzon fight, that one looked good from the 2 mins they showed at the end of the broadcast.
That was a great beat down. He steam rolled that jackass. Gabe is the fat fuck who got kicked off TUF because he couldn't lose weight. He's the one who had his guts cleaned out on TUF and was trying to make drama to get TV attention. Then he couldn't cut weight and started sobbing. He spent a few years on Dana's shit list but then he got a chance and got clowned. I enjoyed watching him get destroyed. The guy is a douche bag.

A Colonic Is In Order
Gabe is forced to resort to drastic measures to lose his excessive weight.
Arriving to the competition 22lbs overweight and finding no luck losing it, Gabe Ruediger resorts to getting a colonic.
http://www.ultimatefighter.com/fighter/gabe-ruediger
In other words-
Dana put him on the card to get his ass handed to him. The dude was in a daze right after the fight, he didnt know what hit him.