The COLTS Road BACK To The Superbowl Starts Sunday!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Re: The COLTS Road BACK To The Superbowl Starts Sunday!!

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Oh well, I guess the Colts' road to the Superbowl leads through their local ticket agency.

No big deal though. It's not like they lost to a division foe, right Pinhead13? OOOhhh, wait a second....

BWWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOL! Seriously?? You're gonna write off the Colts after ONE GAME. HAHA, good luck with that one.

No doubt, it was a tough loss. Credit to the Texans, they came out with a good game plan and executed it to perfection. I am not sure what happened to our run defense. I will have to go back and look at the tape, but it was not pretty. Defensively, as a whole, it was a pretty poor effort from start to finish. Our offense looked great, just too many mistakes and the inability to finish drives. Offensive line will need to polish up. Make no mistake, we will make the adjustments, and we will come out strong next week. The road to the promised land is not always a smooth one and I guarantee you no one in that locker room is panicking right now.
No, nobody is writing them off after one loss. But it is a loss in the division to the team that is most likely to challenge them for the division. And every other team in the division won today and looks to be competitive this year so it's not like you can just pencil Indy into the playoffs like most years.

And what's with all the "our" and "we" BS? Unless you suit up, it's "they".
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Uh, dude, they got dominated. They couldn't run the ball, Manning was on his back all day and their defense was worse than pathetic. Take away two plays that went Indy's way and it's a complete blow out. It's tough to say if the Texans are that good or if Indy was that bad, but you'd better hope it's the former. Schaub looked like shit today. That scoreboard would have been a lot more lopsided if it hadn't been for that dropped TD in the first quarter and the pass he threw behind the tight end that both ended up as field goals. I'm not even counting Peyton's INT that wasn't and the last Colts TD where the Texans obviously blew the coverage. Face it junior, "You" got your face kicked in today.
VanDokken
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VanDokken »

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

poizond13 wrote:I'm sure people outside of the organization will panic. But when you really look at it, the Colts didn't get dominated. They played relatively well, and they lost because they failed to do the little things right. Penalties, dropped balls, missed tackles, missed blocks, are really what made the difference in this game. Most of those big runs could have been avoided by making simple tackles. We will get it taken care of and we will be fine, mark my words.
233 yards and 3 TDs by a rook in his 1st game isn't being dominated? Since you love using 'we' when talking football, may I be the 1st to tell you that you're a shitty tackler.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

i missed the Houston game did they cheat, with a second half onside kick

good 1st week Notre Dame countinue to lose as the announcers still think there a bigtime college
Raiders keep losing, and Peytonbich can take his "perfect"image and shove it up his ass
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

poizond13 wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Oh well, I guess the Colts' road to the Superbowl leads through their local ticket agency.

No big deal though. It's not like they lost to a division foe, right Pinhead13? OOOhhh, wait a second....

BWWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I will have to go back and look at the tape,
Ok Jim Caldwell :lol: :lol:
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

Run defense was horrible but at least Bob Sanders came though ok.......oh wait never mind.

Also I have never seen such poor wide receiver play...with the exception of Wayne and Collie, it was drop city. And even Collie makes the shit list for his fumble at the 10 which pretty much sealed their fate. One game though. No worries here yet....... I figured this could be a dangerous game for us....the Texans treat every Indy game like it's the fucking Super Bowl. Now if we lose next week to Eli and the Giants I'll sound the panic alarm myself.

As for numbnuts.....why the fuck would you ever want to go back and watch that debacle again???????
ImageImage
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Guess this means the road BACK starts next week?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

UtahRatt wrote:Guess this means the road BACK starts next week?

I'm thinking like week 5.
ImageImage
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I get it! Pee's road BACK to embarrassment started Sunday! Troll on little woosy!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
bane

Post by bane »

makaveli wrote: One game though. No worries here yet....... I figured this could be a dangerous game for us....the Texans treat every Indy game like it's the fucking Super Bowl.
I agree. Houston always plays Indy well. They just don't beat them very often. I think the Colts will probably be OK, but I don't think they're going to dominate the division like they have in past years. I think it's up for grabs with three teams having a realistic shot at it. As a Houston fan I'm celebrating though. A win over Indy is sweet, especially a dominant win like that one was.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

OverMe wrote: Ok Jim Caldwell :lol: :lol:
That's the funniest and most pathetic part of the post, This guy tries so fucking hard to sound like he's so into the game that he watches film like a coach or player. Who the fuck watches a replay of their favorite team getting murdered? Hell I'll watch a replay of my fav team dominating on ESPN classic but no way do I want to relive a fucking drubbing. then again this is a douche that thinks he's part of the team and next thing you know he'll be telling us he e-mailed the D coordinater ideas on how to fix the run defense, what an idiot.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:
makaveli wrote: One game though. No worries here yet....... I figured this could be a dangerous game for us....the Texans treat every Indy game like it's the fucking Super Bowl.
I agree. Houston always plays Indy well. They just don't beat them very often. I think the Colts will probably be OK, but I don't think they're going to dominate the division like they have in past years. I think it's up for grabs with three teams having a realistic shot at it. As a Houston fan I'm celebrating though. A win over Indy is sweet, especially a dominant win like that one was.
2 wins out of 17 tries... yea I'm sure you're celebrating. :lol: Too bad for you its only week 1.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

bane

Post by bane »

It's a brand new season. Everything that's happened before doesn't matter, and my team is 1-0, yours is 0-1. Damn right I'm celebrating. Add in the absolute beat down my team laid on yours, and yeah, it feels pretty damn good. I'm not on here starting threads or making claims about my team winning it all because it is a long season, anything can happen in the NFL, and I'm not a bet welching blowhard like you are, but you know what? As of right now, my team is 100% better than yours. Feels good don't it?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

poizond13 wrote:2 wins out of 17 tries... yea I'm sure you're celebrating.

At least he wasn't celebrating BEFORE THE GAME! LOUUUUUUUUUUUZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

How did you like them apples? Bet that was hard to swallow, not as hard as loosing the SUPERBOWL! Still, just another notch in that pathetic poser life of yours. You should go ahead and jump ship now PEEBOY, maybe become a Saint's fan?
gatomike
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by gatomike »

Being a Chargers fan I like the Colts its the one team that is considered really good in the AFC that we seem to have their number it was nice knocking them out of the playoffs back to back years especially ruing their Superbowl run in the final game in the RCA dome with are three best players at the time all injured.Now the Patriots,Ravens and Steelers is another thing.

Will see how well the Colts do when is the last time they lost a opening game they are usually strong tell the end of the season or get knocked out by the Patsies or Chargers in the Playoffs.I hate to give the Jets Credit but they have are number in the playoffs or seem to intimidate our kicker for some reason.

If my team was not in the AFC I would be routing for them to lose another Superbowl this year.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

poizond13 wrote:
No doubt, it was a tough loss. Credit to the Texans, they came out with a good game plan and executed it to perfection. I am not sure what happened to our run defense. I will have to go back and look at the tape, but it was not pretty.
lol
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

If you look at Indy's schedule it is not inconceivable that they start the season 1-3, go 2-4 in their division and 7-3 outside the division to end up 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

In past years you'd look at them and say they are going to win 13-14 games and get a bye but this year they have just as much chance on missing the playoffs as they do getting a 1 or 2 seed.

Houston & Tenn are legitimate playoff contenders and Jax isn't bad. That's looking like a strong division this year. They have 3 road games against teams that should be good (Den, Wash, NE) and a home game against SD which always seems to have their number. I don't think 9-7 coming off the Superbowl hangover would be a big shock.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

dtmfs wrote:
That's the funniest and most pathetic part of the post, This guy tries so fucking hard to sound like he's so into the game that he watches film like a coach or player.
I sure as fuck don't need to rewatch the Bears abortion to know they're one of the five worst teams in the league. I feel dirty they're allowed to call what happened yesterday a 'win'.
Last edited by johnk5150 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

dtmfs wrote:
That's the funniest and most pathetic part of the post, This guy tries so fucking hard to sound like he's so into the game that he watches film like a coach or player. Who the fuck watches a replay of their favorite team getting murdered? Hell I'll watch a replay of my fav team dominating on ESPN classic but no way do I want to relive a fucking drubbing. then again this is a douche that thinks he's part of the team and next thing you know he'll be telling us he e-mailed the D coordinater ideas on how to fix the run defense, what an idiot.
Translating what P13 meant by "watching the film". I was working the fry station yesterday and the boss wouldn't let me watch TV in the break room so I listened on the radio. Mom TiVo'ed the game for me so I can watch it today.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

SkyDog112046 wrote:If you look at Indy's schedule it is not inconceivable that they start the season 1-3, go 2-4 in their division and 7-3 outside the division to end up 9-7 and out of the playoffs.
I said all along I thought the Colts would start the season 2-2. Schedule is tough early, however they started the season 3-4 in 2008 and still won 12 games. I see a similar run happening here:

@ Houston Texans-L

NEW YORK GIANTS-W

@ Denver Broncos-W

@ Jacksonville Jaguars-L

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-W

@ Washington Redskins-W
BYE

HOUSTON TEXANS-W (Won't happen twice)

@ Philadelphia Eagles-W

CINCINNATI BENGALS-W

@ New England Patriots-L

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS-W

DALLAS COWBOYS-W

@ Tennessee Titans-L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS-W

@ Oakland Raiders-W

TENNESSEE TITANS-W

Over all:12-4
ImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

makaveli wrote:
Going to that one. My client tailgates in the lot just to the west of Lucas. We should consume beer and meat that day. It's a night game, so we should feel pretty good by gametime.
Last edited by johnk5150 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

$tevil
bane

Post by bane »

makaveli wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:If you look at Indy's schedule it is not inconceivable that they start the season 1-3, go 2-4 in their division and 7-3 outside the division to end up 9-7 and out of the playoffs.
I said all along I thought the Colts would start the season 2-2. Schedule is tough early, however they started the season 3-4 in 2008 and still won 12 games. I see a similar run happening here:

@ Houston Texans-L

NEW YORK GIANTS-W

@ Denver Broncos-W

@ Jacksonville Jaguars-L

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-W

@ Washington Redskins-W
BYE

@ Philadelphia Eagles-W

CINCINNATI BENGALS-W

@ New England Patriots-L

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS-W

DALLAS COWBOYS-W

@ Tennessee Titans-L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS-W

@ Oakland Raiders-W

TENNESSEE TITANS-W

That's reasonable. I think they're gonna lose one or two of those iffy games though (Chargers, New England, Cincinnati etc). I think they probably still make the playoffs at 10-6, or 11-5 but the division race is going to be interesting. The AFC South should be very competitive this year.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

makaveli wrote:

@ Houston Texans-L

NEW YORK GIANTS-W

@ Denver Broncos-W

@ Jacksonville Jaguars-L

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-W

@ Washington Redskins-W
BYE

@ Philadelphia Eagles-W

CINCINNATI BENGALS-W

@ New England Patriots-L

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS-W

DALLAS COWBOYS-W

@ Tennessee Titans-L

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS-W

@ Oakland Raiders-W

TENNESSEE TITANS-W

I could see that. I could also see SD & Wash beating them for 10-6. This is the first time I can remember in a while that they didn't appear to be an automatic 13+ win team. Which means they most likely won't get the bye and home field. So they might have to play outdoors in January. And if they have to go somewhere cold and snowy they won't stand a chance because their speed game doesn't translate well in messy weather. The one regular season game where weather could be a factor is NE in late November, and that very well may be what decides the seeding in the AFC.
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

Im glad Houston won and equally happy the Dallas Cowgirls lost to Mcnabb and The Redskins that was great! :D
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

When the hell did Greg join the Colts? "We" and "us," from a guy who never even played Junior High Football. PATHETIC. Then he claims he's "going to watch the tape!" ROTFLMAO. Greg wouldn't know a 3-4 from a 4-3. He's a toolshed.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

The Colts lost. Time for Polian to lobby for another rule change.

I can't wait for the November game in Foxboro.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Greg has always used "we" and "us" because it gets a reaction people.. Nothing more. He's not even in or from Indiana.

The Colts road is off to a losing start.. Greg's initial posting was because he thought the Colts were going to win, then gets owned into looking like the silly ass he is.. Classic. :lol:

It's like believing he was off to a 300 game and blowing the second frame..
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Luminiferous wrote:Greg has always used "we" and "us" because it gets a reaction people.. Nothing more. He's not even in or from Indiana.

The Colts road is off to a losing start.. Greg's initial posting was because he thought the Colts were going to win, then gets owned into looking like the silly ass he is.. Classic. :lol:

It's like believing he was off to a 300 game and blowing the second frame..
Remember when Lickety/Dog argued that NE's season should be considered undefeated because they won every regular season game?

$tevil
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

These mistakes by the run defense will get corrected. This was not a problem of personnel. It was a problem of people making mistakes, people missing tackles, and just plain not being ready for the power running game that Houston brought out of nowhere. We could not have seen this coming, last year Houston had a horrible running attack. This is why opening games can sometimes be tricky. The good news is that it isn't a personnel problem or a schematic problem, it is very correctable, and it will get corrected.

Very reminiscent of 2006 when people like Maurice Jones Drew and Ron Dayne of the Texans had huge running games against us. People thought the sky was falling and we would lose in the first round against the Chiefs and the hard running Larry Johnson. We got it corrected and went on to win the Superbowl. This is week one folks, learn some shit about football and you'll realize that.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.