**OFFICIAL Association Football 2010/2011 Season thread**

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: **OFFICIAL Association Football 2010/2011 Season thread*

Post by Hellsinkey »

Fulham hasn't lost either, but you won't get far with draws. If Citeh and Arse win today, they'll both go past ManU. Somehow I hope Arse will win, so Chelsea won't make too big of a gap.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

This United team isn't good enough to win the league, so if Chelsea get away, good for them.

Shitty City are now second, and for me, a bigger threat to Chelsea this season. Wouldn't bother me if they won it actually. Everyone will know it will be just because of the money.

And if I thought United are bad, then just how bad are Liverpool? Shocking, truly shocking. :lol:
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

:roll: Again gifted points. Now Arsenal is at second and Tottenham are at same points too. Van Der Sar could use a rest. Nani was good and Giggs until injury, no one else at midfield though.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I didn't see any of it, but dropping a 2 goal lead at half time, at home to West Brom is not good.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

MickeyG wrote:I didn't see any of it, but dropping a 2 goal lead at half time, at home to West Brom is not good.
Oh, it was bad - an own goal and a tap-in for Brom when ManU's goalie whiffed on an easily catchable ball.
Being a fan of Arsenal, I'm very happy when ManU plays like shit.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

MickeyG wrote:I didn't see any of it, but dropping a 2 goal lead at half time, at home to West Brom is not good.
On the BBC-lots of folks calling for Fergies head. His tactics lately, have been questionable to say the least.

Glad Hicks and Gillette are finally out. Hope the new owners can help turn things around. I's going to take a while though. Roy has a lot to do.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

The squad at United is large, but lacks real quality in some key areas for me.

Not happy with the constant rotating either. Yes, rotating is now part of the game and required to some degree, but 5-6 players every game is a joke, and bad management. And they don't have the quality in depth to do it.

Liverpool are shocking again today. Roy will be out by xmas I think for sure, if not sooner. The new owners can't let this go on for long. I reckon King Kenny will be called upon to turn things around, at least for the short term. I dunno if he'll be given a ton of funds though.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

More and more it looks like letting Tevez go was a mistake. There's been talks of Rooney refusing to sign and could be out by January. Who knows, usually there's no way back after pissing off Ferguson. Anyway, it's between Chelsea and Citeh this year.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

If Rooney leaves in Jan, and no real money is spent in several areas, then either there is no money at all despite the 164 mil in the bank. Or, Fergie has completely lost the plot and should be replaced immediately. If it's the latter, then I wonder how much slack the Glazers will give Fergie on letting standards slip. Missing out on CL qualification would hurt their business plan massively. Success on the pitch=sucess off of the pitch.
Sleazyjack
Recording Your Demo

Post by Sleazyjack »

Hellsinkey wrote:More and more it looks like letting Tevez go was a mistake. There's been talks of Rooney refusing to sign and could be out by January. Who knows, usually there's no way back after pissing off Ferguson. Anyway, it's between Chelsea and Citeh this year.
I was at Villa v Chelsea on Saturday and to be honest Villa were the better team, if we had a decent striker we would have won that match, it always makes me laugh how are games are portrayed match of the day , we hit the post 3 times , but they only showed one of them whilst Chelsea's 2 shots in the game were on there - biased London tv as usual!
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Now Ferguson has confirmed Rooney wants out. Spain seems most likely, though Madrid or Barcelona don't really need him. There's been talk of cash and Benzema. Can't see him in Citeh or Chelsea if he wants more privacy from press. He will be sold fast, as he has a chance for buying out his deal for 5 million next summer.

As for ManU, it's enough that they don't have replacements for Giggs and Scholes, now this. Rooney has been shite since spring though.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Rumour has it City are prepared to offer him 500K a week!

Apparently, Phil Thompson said this on Sky Sports: "Hurts me to say it, but he's at the biggest club in the world".

Big job on now for Fergie. If he doesn't spend the Rooney money if he goes in Jan, then it's obvious the Glazers won't spend the money.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

The money not spent may be the issue here, which Ferguson avoided talking about. It's been one way traffic for major players since Ronaldo and maybe Rooney got tired of that. Now that he's been shite for long it's too much for him mentally to be expected to carry the team, like he did last season. Add to that the hooker scandal. That said, if he goes to Citeh, he's just after money. Chelsea would be more understandable, as Drogba and Anelka aren't young anymore. Still I would be surprised if he doesn't go to Spain.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Even if it is the "lack of ambition" then Rooney is going about it all wrong. He could still sign a deal and then leave like Ronaldo did. Instead, he's slapping the fans and Sir Alex (who he sucked off in his statement), in the face. Fuck him, the badge kissing tosser. :lol:

I chastised Ronaldo for getting Rooney sent off in the World Cup in 06, but Rooney is half the player on and off the pitch what Ronny is. Rooney, a man who cheats on his pregnant wife, smokes and doesn't look after himself, or Ronaldo, a man who brings up his own son without the help of the childs mother and always looks after himself off the pitch.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow after Fergie and Gill have had their meeting.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Rooney has always been slightly overrated imo, ManU has always survived after key players leaving, Ronaldo, Beckham etc. There's been talk about getting Torres, which might not be a bad idea. He's clearly pissed off for not leaving in the summer. I'm still more concerned about ManU not building the midfield, it's too reliant on Nani, who has stepped up though.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Hellsinkey wrote:Rooney has always been slightly overrated imo, ManU has always survived after key players leaving, Ronaldo, Beckham etc. There's been talk about getting Torres, which might not be a bad idea. He's clearly pissed off for not leaving in the summer. I'm still more concerned about ManU not building the midfield, it's too reliant on Nani, who has stepped up though.
Pretty much agree with all that. Not sure I'd want Torres to be fair. Too injury prone.

So no real statement today after all the comings and goings at OT. I think we'll hear soon that a deal has been struck with some other club for January and until then Rooney will be on "gardening leave". I don't see how he can play for the club again after his statement. And I don't want him to stay after that either. Fuck him, scouse twunt! :lol:
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Press laughed when Ferguson said Rooney still has "ankle injury". Hard to believe the team wants him to play if he's leaving, when he thinks they're not good enough. It may be true but a player still shouldn't say that to own team. Robbie Fowler claimed Rooney is interested in joining him in Australia. :lol:
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Apparently, it was a Paul Scholes "tackle" that injured Rooney the other day. :mrgreen:

Nice one, Scholesy!
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

WTF. Rooney is staying and signed a five year deal. :shock: Hope this results in new players and Rooney getting his shit together.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

LOL, it's fucked up to say the least! Who knows what's gone on. Rooney's value had plummeted due to this as other clubs knew we would have to sell, and so they could get a steal. As it is, United can now get a good fee if they decide to offload his dumbass. Looks like it was all about money and getting a bigger payrise.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:LOL, it's fucked up to say the least! Who knows what's gone on. Rooney's value had plummeted due to this as other clubs knew we would have to sell, and so they could get a steal. As it is, United can now get a good fee if they decide to offload his dumbass. Looks like it was all about money and getting a bigger payrise.
it was entirely engineered by his agent paul stretford. rooney held man utd to ransom and they caved.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

If they don't improve and get new players, seems like this show was all about Rooney's money, he better start performing well as many people are pissed off with him.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

coatsy wrote:
MickeyG wrote:LOL, it's fucked up to say the least! Who knows what's gone on. Rooney's value had plummeted due to this as other clubs knew we would have to sell, and so they could get a steal. As it is, United can now get a good fee if they decide to offload his dumbass. Looks like it was all about money and getting a bigger payrise.
it was entirely engineered by his agent paul stretford. rooney held man utd to ransom and they caved.
And that's a player using the system to his advantage. United really needed to get him to sign a contract to regain some control over an expensive asset. Something similar happened with Ronaldo, who agreed to stay another year when he wanted out and a deal was struck where United ended up with a world record fee and the player went to the club he wanted. And Madrid got the player they wanted too.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Now that there's not much help from midfield, it's good that Hernandez can score from smallest chances. He doesn't do much else, but it's enough. Stoke's goal was nice as was Hernandez's header. Again it was was nearly a draw, Evra should have got a penalty though.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Didn't see any of it but it sounds like Gary Neville should have been sent off. Time he was put out to pasture.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:Didn't see any of it but it sounds like Gary Neville should have been sent off. Time he was put out to pasture.
Yes, he should have been sent off. It was a message from Ferguson taking him off straight at the beginning of second half. It seemed hilarious to commentators. He had a quick shower and returned in his own clothes. :lol:
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Liverpool winning will hopefully buy Woy a bit of time. :lol:

Nice result for Arsewipe.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

MickeyG wrote:Liverpool winning will hopefully buy Woy a bit of time. :lol:
Nice to actually win and they didn't play half bad either. Still not sold on Woy yet.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Will Gazza live another five years? The man is a mess.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

ManU's second wtf? :lol: Spurs goalie thought it was a free kick and moved the ball, but it wasn't and Nani came from behind tapped the ball in. It wasn't the winning goal so it really didn't matter.