Randy Moss Waived....

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Randy Moss Waived....

Post by makaveli »

See ya punk.
ImageImage
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Re: Randy Moss Waived....

Post by makaveli »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... andy-moss/

Report: Vikings waive Randy Moss

Randy Moss' bizarre press conference Sunday night wound up being his farewell to Minnesota.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that the Vikings waived Moss on Monday. At his Monday press conference, Vikings coach Brad Childress mentioned that he allowed Moss to stay back in Boston for a few days before re-joining the team. Looks like he can stay there.

We have no reason to believe the story is not true, but PFT can report via a league source that Moss is not yet aware that he's been released.

More to come on this story shortly.
ImageImage
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Holy shit! Belichick will re-sign him AND have the 3rd rounder in next draft.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

WTF wrote:Holy shit! Belichick will re-sign him AND have the 3rd rounder in next draft.

The Bills have first dibs......I'm guessing he doesn't clear waivers.
ImageImage
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Moss had some business to attend to and got permission to stay behind and then gets cut? Something doesn't sound right.Guess Childress didn't like Moss' Patriots lovefest after the game.

Watch, Moss will be back in a Pats uniform this season.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Pretty hilarious.

And weeks ago everyone was talking about what a bargain the Vikings got in that trade.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

got a little more respect for the vikings after this, at least We know they're not Moss' little bitch like they are favres. Makiaveli said it best, the guy is a punk, all about himself and he'll never change, the minute he gets a little unhappy he fucking quits, why anyone would bring this asshole into their lockeroom is beyond me. and LMAO @ him trying to beg his way back to the pats with his ballwashing of the organization at the PC yesterday, what a pussy, "You just beat us, can I come back and play for you??? please!!!!
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Moss had some business to attend to and got permission to stay behind and then gets cut? Something doesn't sound right.Guess Childress didn't like Moss' Patriots lovefest after the game.

Did you watch the guy give up in the game, namley that pass interference call in the 4rth in which he easily could've caught the ball but just stood there and watched it bounce, add that to his immature comments about the media, his obvious plea to return to NE and the rest of his cunty history and you just have to tell the prick to fuck off, I can't believe You'd want him back on a team you root for. I can only hope every team in the NFL treats this guy the way MLB teams treated bonds and the NBA teams treated Iverson, let him sulk off to another league or fucking retire.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

dtmfs wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Moss had some business to attend to and got permission to stay behind and then gets cut? Something doesn't sound right.Guess Childress didn't like Moss' Patriots lovefest after the game.

Did you watch the guy give up in the game, namley that pass interference call in the 4rth in which he easily could've caught the ball but just stood there and watched it bounce,

My wife even shouted out...."He could've caught that." If he catches it's a TD and Favre doesn't get murdered 2 plays later knocking him out of the game.
ImageImage
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

dtmfs wrote:got a little more respect for the vikings after this, at least We know they're not Moss' little bitch like they are favres. Makiaveli said it best, the guy is a punk, all about himself and he'll never change, the minute he gets a little unhappy he fucking quits, why anyone would bring this asshole into their lockeroom is beyond me. and LMAO @ him trying to beg his way back to the pats with his ballwashing of the organization at the PC yesterday, what a pussy, "You just beat us, can I come back and play for you??? please!!!!
Not that this will be a shocker, but this guy was a punk as far as high school. A colleague of mine went to high school with him. DuPont High in Belle, WV, which I believe no longer exists due to consolidation. She says that if he weren't a "stud" athlete he wouldn't have even graduated. Of course we all know that that is not an isolated incident. Apparently aside from the boosters no one could stand the guy.
Not every athlete is like that though. Ben Hartsock of the New York Jets is from my town and attended my neighbor school. His mother teaches at that school. Ben is a good dude and I can attest to it. Sadly, that kind of athlete is now the minority.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
WTF

Post by WTF »

There are still a lot of good people in sports. It's just that the bad is much more publicized.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Tymaster wrote:Not that this will be a shocker, but this guy was a punk as far as high school. A colleague of mine went to high school with him. DuPont High in Belle, WV, which I believe no longer exists due to consolidation. She says that if he weren't a "stud" athlete he wouldn't have even graduated. Of course we all know that that is not an isolated incident. Apparently aside from the boosters no one could stand the guy.
Not every athlete is like that though. Ben Hartsock of the New York Jets is from my town and attended my neighbor school. His mother teaches at that school. Ben is a good dude and I can attest to it. Sadly, that kind of athlete is now the minority.
I can't recall exactly but Wasen't his attitude the reason for him sliding down in the draft? I just heard someone on NFL live say Miami would try to grab him to keep him from going to the jets or back to NE, That happens and I won't even bother with the dolphins til' he's gone, I'd seriously rather see them go 1-15 again than to see that jerkoff in a dolphins uni, I wasen't very happy they got brandon marshall who has the potential to be just as bad as Moss with a few more punk moves.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

WTF wrote:Holy shit! Belichick will re-sign him AND have the 3rd rounder in next draft.

If Belichick can pull this off, getting a 3rd round pick, punishing, and humbling Moss and then resigning him, then Bill truely The Zen Master / Yoda!

Fans here in Boston overwhemingly want him back. You got Brady, Branch, Welker, Woodhead and add Moss, who the hell do you cover if you are the other team?

dtmfs - How can you have any respect for the Vikings? Their coach is a spineless girl that lets his attention whoring, drama princess of a QB run everything? He had Moss handing him the Pats plays and he basically ignored him? I can undertand Moss's frustration. I honestly think Moss went to MN with the best of intentions of helping them win, but once there he saw that Farve was running the show and there is no room for anyone else but him and his ego. Moss got real frustrated, really fast. I think its funny we had moss, what, 4 years untill he got frustrated, it only took MN 4 games to piss him off! How can youhave respect for a coach or owners when you let any of this stuff go one. The players have no respet for thir coach and getting rid of Moss isn't really going to help that at this point. LOL! Come on back Randy!
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

[quote="makaveli"]

Yep, and the announcers in the game didn't say shit about it, of course today it's getting talked about quite a bit. He did to the vikes what he did to the raiders, he short armed a Pass in the endzone last week too.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:dtmfs - How can you have any respect for the Vikings? Their coach is a spineless girl that lets his attention whoring, drama princess of a QB run everything? He had Moss handing him the Pats plays and he basically ignored him? I can undertand Moss's frustration. I honestly think Moss went to MN with the best of intentions of helping them win, but once there he saw that Farve was running the show and there is no room for anyone else but him and his ego. Moss got real frustrated, really fast. I think its funny we had moss, what, 4 years untill he got frustrated, it only took MN 4 games to piss him off! How can youhave respect for a coach or owners when you let any of this stuff go one. The players have no respet for thir coach and getting rid of Moss isn't really going to help that at this point. LOL! Come on back Randy! [/b][/color]
to be fair I called the vikings favres little bitches, I'd really respect them if they benched favre after sending moss packing. are there no Lombardi's, landry's, or shula's left? belichick I'd say is the only guy in the league now you can mention with those guys.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

dtmfs wrote:
Aquanetsuperhold wrote:dtmfs - How can you have any respect for the Vikings? Their coach is a spineless girl that lets his attention whoring, drama princess of a QB run everything? He had Moss handing him the Pats plays and he basically ignored him? I can undertand Moss's frustration. I honestly think Moss went to MN with the best of intentions of helping them win, but once there he saw that Farve was running the show and there is no room for anyone else but him and his ego. Moss got real frustrated, really fast. I think its funny we had moss, what, 4 years untill he got frustrated, it only took MN 4 games to piss him off! How can youhave respect for a coach or owners when you let any of this stuff go one. The players have no respet for thir coach and getting rid of Moss isn't really going to help that at this point. LOL! Come on back Randy! [/b][/color]

to be fair I called the vikings favres little bitches, I'd really respect them if they benched favre after sending moss packing. are there no Lombardi's, landry's, or shula's left? belichick I'd say is the only guy in the league now you can mention with those guys.

Fair enough.
gr8twhte
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by gr8twhte »

Wow.

Can we waive Childress too? What a total, colossal failure of a season.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Harvin is criticizing the coaching staff too. Childress is a goner. I don't know that any team would want to claim Moss at this point because if he doesn't want to play for them he would just quit on them. There are very few situations that would make sense for him at this point. The most logical place is back to New England, but they would have to wait for all 31 other teams to pass on him and I would think that either Indy or NY would try to block that.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

dtmfs wrote:
Tymaster wrote:Not that this will be a shocker, but this guy was a punk as far as high school. A colleague of mine went to high school with him. DuPont High in Belle, WV, which I believe no longer exists due to consolidation. She says that if he weren't a "stud" athlete he wouldn't have even graduated. Of course we all know that that is not an isolated incident. Apparently aside from the boosters no one could stand the guy.
I can't recall exactly but Wasen't his attitude the reason for him sliding down in the draft? I just heard someone on NFL live say Miami would try to grab him to keep him from going to the jets or back to NE, That happens and I won't even bother with the dolphins til' he's gone, I'd seriously rather see them go 1-15 again than to see that jerkoff in a dolphins uni, I wasen't very happy they got brandon marshall who has the potential to be just as bad as Moss with a few more punk moves.
It certainly was. Remember, Randy Moss signed a letter of intent to go to Notre Dame but that Notre Dame then decided they didn't want him when he was involved in a fight in high school. A fight which resulted in jail time. Randy then went to Florida State, where he was busted for smoking pot. Bye, bye Florida State. Marshall then took him because they had just moved up to Division I and needed all the help they could get on the field and the box office.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

WTF wrote:There are still a lot of good people in sports. It's just that the bad is much more publicized.
This is true for the most part. Just speaking of two professional athletes that I know personally (Hartsock) and know of second hand (Moss.) Two polar opposites when it comes to how they got to where they are in life, and how they lead their lives. Don't be fooled by some of the "goody goody" types you see on television showing up various charities and what not. They often have something to hide. It's the guys in the back ground that hardly hear anything from that are often the true character people.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Take Favre for example. Fox during last night's game, and the rest of the media pretty much get on their hands an knees and blow him non-stop though out any game they cover with him, but persoanlly, and hell, even professionally he's a douche bag! Selfish, egomaniac that cheats on his wife. I would rather deal with Randy Moss where everthing is out in the opened, pretty much what you see is what you get instead of a sleeze ball like Favre who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:Take Favre for example. Fox during last night's game, and the rest of the media pretty much get on their hands an knees and blow him non-stop though out any game they cover with him, but persoanlly, and hell, even professionally he's a douche bag! Selfish, egomaniac that cheats on his wife. I would rather deal with Randy Moss where everthing is out in the opened, pretty much what you see is what you get instead of a sleeze ball like Favre who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.
Favre got a pass for having the "good ol' boy persona," but Glanville said he traded him in 1992 to save Favre from drinking himself to death in Atlanta. Tales of Favre drinking and womanizing in Green Bay and Milwaukee were buried in the press up there because he was the face of the franchise.

I remember seeing Scott Mitchell "in action" at a bar in Cincy about 10 years ago. It's no wonder his career went south. He was playing the "don't you know who I am?" card on UC girls all night.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Jason Whitlock is thinking it's altogether possible that Childress could be in HUGE trouble if he acted alone, and possibly fired, and Randy could end up UNwaived, since his paperwork hasn't gone through yet. What a clusterfuck.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Did you guys see the PI call where he could have caught the ball anyways, and didn't give 2 fucks?

The only better news than this is that asshole childress getting fired. I can only dream.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Anthrax442 wrote:Jason Whitlock is thinking it's altogether possible that Childress could be in HUGE trouble if he acted alone, and possibly fired, and Randy could end up UNwaived, since his paperwork hasn't gone through yet. What a clusterfuck.
This is turning into one giant soap opera. Childress is going to wind up being blackballed from every team in the league. Spineless and not trustworthy.
crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crabfan »

So does he go back to Oakland now?? :lol:
WTF

Post by WTF »

And it continues to get more bizarre:
Randy Moss, who is expected to be waived by the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday, may have alienated some teammates when he roundly criticized a post-practice meal in front of the local restaurant owners who catered it, Yahoo! Sports reported.

Every Friday, the Vikings invite a local establishment to cater the team's post-practice meal. Last Friday, it was a St. Paul restaurant -- a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk -- that served chicken, pasta, ribs and other dishes.

While his teammates lined up to dig in, Moss lashed out, according to the report.

Moss yelled "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog," a player who witnessed the incident said, according to Yahoo! Sports.

The Vikings decided to cut ties with Moss on Monday, despite having given up a third-round draft choice to acquire him from the New England Patriots a month ago.

"This decision was made based on what we thought was in the best interests of the Minnesota Vikings, both in the short and long term," coach Brad Childress said in a statement. "We wish Randy the best as he moves forward in his career."

Moss' name did not appear on the league's official waiver report Monday, but he could be awarded to another team as early as Wednesday.

The player who witnessed Moss' food tirade called it "an uncomfortable moment," adding that he felt Moss deserved to be cut after the incident, Yahoo! Sports reported.

"This wasn't a chain -- it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff," the witness said, according to the report. "And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.' You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

"And by the way, the food was actually really good."

Mike & Mike in the Morning

ESPN NFL insider Chris Mortensen talks about his list of teams that could make a claim on former Vikings WR Randy Moss. Mort also says the Redskins coaches haven't been happy with Donovan McNabb's practice habits for some time.

A source who was at a team meeting on Monday, in which Childress informed the Vikings that Moss would be leaving, said it was clear the coach was referring to Moss' criticism of the locker-room meal when he said "This just doesn't fit with how we treat people, how we talk to people and how we act," according to Yahoo! Sports.

Moss' perceived lack of effort in the Vikings' last two games and his postgame comments after Sunday's loss at New England have widely been seen as reasons for the Vikings giving up on the wide receiver after a month.

Following the Vikings' 28-18 loss to the Patriots, in which Moss had one catch for 8 yards, the veteran receiver announced that he would not be answering any more questions from the media for the rest of the season.

He also criticized the Vikings for not heeding his advice on certain plays the Patriots were likely to use against the Vikings. He also expressed his admiration for the Patriots.

"I'm definitely down that we lost this game. I didn't expect we'd lose this game," Moss said. "I don't know how many more times I'll be in New England again. But I leave coach Belichick and those guys with a salute: 'I love you guys. I miss you. I'm out.' "

On Monday, Childress disagreed with Moss' assertion that the Vikings ignored the receiver's advice.

"I think we did a pretty good job of heeding it, both offensively and defensively," Childress said, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "He gave us some windows into how we thought they would end up playing. That's obviously in his eyes."

A team can claim Moss and pick up the final year of a contract that pays him $6.4 million in base salary. Winless Buffalo has the worst record in the league and the first shot to claim Moss, followed by Carolina and Dallas (Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday he will not claim Moss). If no team claims him, the Vikings owe Moss the remaining $3.388 million on his deal. He'd be available for around $450,000 and Moss could choose the team he would like to join.

Various league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets and even the Patriots are among the teams possibly interested in claiming Moss.

Sources close to the situation told Schefter that Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is angry that his team plans to waive a player he wanted in Minnesota. Wilf played a major role in the re-acquisition of Moss and is unhappy with the way Monday's events regarding Moss unfolded.

Information from The Assocaited Press was used in this report.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I'm not shocked he bitched about teh food. i saw him cuss out a pack of little kids.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

NeverSurrender wrote:I'm not shocked he bitched about teh food. i saw him cuss out a pack of little kids.
Do please tell!!!! Yelling at kids? What a fucking dick.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »