**OFFICIAL Association Football 2010/2011 Season thread**

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: **OFFICIAL Association Football 2010/2011 Season thread*

Post by Hellsinkey »

What a comeback, Villa could have won with luck. They were better really. I'm pissed off that Sopcast cut out for a moment towards the end. :evil: I only saw Vidic's equalizer. I heard Villa's second and Macheda's were nice.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Hellsinkey wrote:What a comeback, Villa could have won with luck. They were better really. I'm pissed off that Sopcast cut out for a moment towards the end. :evil: I only saw Vidic's equalizer. I heard Villa's second and Macheda's were nice.
Villa's second came off a very nice centering pass, and Macheda used some good footwork to make space and then kicked a laser beam inside the post. Both very sweet goals, but the tying header was better than either.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Everything I've read about it said United were shite once again and only started playing once they went 2 down. The midfield and forwards came in for very heavy criticism. 2 shit displays from Park this week after playing well last weekend. Nani was lucky to stay on by some accounts. Although once again, he comes up trumps by supplying the cross for Vidic. That's one difference between Nani and Berbaflop. Berba has a shit game and is total shit. Nani has a shit game but can still pull out a piece of magic to create a goal.

It's funny how since Rooney signed his contract Berbatov has been shite.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:It's funny how since Rooney signed his contract Berbatov has been shite.
Or after Hernandez started scoring. At the beginning of the season, nothing was expected from him, so he scored. After people started expecting him to fill in for Rooney and others stepped up- nothing. It's been a shame, I liked him at Tottenham.
Sleazyjack
Recording Your Demo

Post by Sleazyjack »

I was at the Villa v Man u game and united were very lucky to get away with a point.

It was a great game and a perfect advert for the premiership, Villa also hit the post and the bar and United could have had 3 players sent off, Nani for an elbow, Vidic for celebrating in the crowd when already booked and whoever brought Young down for the penalty (Brown I think) should have gone as well.

I don't fancy United's chances for the title if they can't beat a villa team without several players (Carew, Heskey, Petrov, Reo Coker , Sidwell, Clark) , we had 2 players in central midfield who only had 5 games experience between them and they handled Fletcher and Carrick easily

Macheda's goal was real class, but he also made the mistake for thebest goal of the game , probably by the man of the match, Marc Alrighton - this kid will be in the England first team by the end of the season
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Sunderland. :lol:

On this form Fergie needs to bring back Welbeck pronto!
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:Sunderland. :lol:

On this form Fergie needs to bring back Welbeck pronto!
Good result, though Arse is second now.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

I know it was a couple of weeks ago but couldn't believe Hughton's job was under threat!

Doing pretty well for a promoted club imo.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Everything is possible in Magpie country.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Classic derby, Spurs were great. Wenger was so pissed off it was funny. Chelsea lose, so it's even points at the top. :D
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

United were poor again, but won and are still unbeaten. Arsenal were shocking 2nd half. Chelsea have been found wanting in 3 of their last 4 league games now and haven't looked like scoring goals.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

So it's through to next round in CL, but playing like today won't get far. Rooney and Berbatov were nowhere near scoring in open play. At this moment I'd change the midfield except Nani for Spurs midfield.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Didn't see any of it. How did Fabio play?
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:Didn't see any of it. How did Fabio play?
He was pretty good actually, should definitely play more. Made some good attacking runs too. They got the penalty when the Rangers player kicked him in his side, inside the box while he was breaking free. Should have gotten red really. I think this might have been his first full game this season. Evans wasn't very convincing again. All in all a very boring game.
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

Hellsinkey wrote:
MickeyG wrote:Didn't see any of it. How did Fabio play?
They got the penalty when the Rangers player kicked him in his side, inside the box while he was breaking free. Should have gotten red really.
it was certainly a penalty, never a red card.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Berbatov's a character. He can disappear for games and then days like this-five goals. :shock: I'd prefer if he scored a goal in all five games though. Rooney was invisible again.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I thought Rooney was decent, getting more match fit. Nani was excellent, best winger in the prem by a margin now. Anderson was good today, good through passes and great drive in midfield. Evans was at fault for the Blackburn goal. Good result after Arsenal beat Villa easily really. I had hoped Villa would have gotten something.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote: Evans was at fault for the Blackburn goal.
I noticed that. A dip in quality after Vidic left. It's a shame that good players like Fabio don't get to play because of competition, then there's Evans who was preferred even over Gerard Pique, who they should have not let go.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Evans is just having a dip in form. Poor start to the season. I think he'll come back, Fergie has to keep giving him chances so he can play his way out of it. I'd rather have him instead of Brown or O'Shea in the middle. Smalling though, for me, has overtaken Evans on recent form. But United need 4 decent center halves after what happened last December when I think Carrick played there against Fulham away and they got owned.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

At the top of of the table with Berbatov as league's top scorer. Who would have thought? Not playing very well often and with a weakened team. Just goes to show how tough the competition is this year. I'm impressed about Spurs though, another comeback.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Another weekend and another Liverpool defeat. Somethings never change.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

MickeyG wrote:Another weekend and another Liverpool defeat. Somethings never change.
Actually we didn't play bad and could have finished the Spuds off. Like the look of Merieles-Hope Roy doesn't shift him back to the right when Gerrard gets back. We have looked better without Stevie G. Torres still looks like he can't be arsed.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I did see the game and thought Spurs were wide open in midfield and Palacios was awful. They also picked up 2 injuries. Torres and Maxi should have ended the game before half time. Kuyt should have had a penalty.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Hammers biggest win against ManU in 40 years and two goals by former ManU player. Cup games are always different and Ferguson was wrong to think that by changing the whole best team he can still win. Defense was horrible, midfield not much better. It wasn't his fault, but future doesn't look good for Kusczak either.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Shocking performance tonight by all accounts. 11 changes from the Blackburn win, and probably 11 more for the next game at Blackpool. If United are still top by the middle of Jan then I guess Fergie will be happy there won't be 2 CC cup semi's to play. Especially if the weather fucks things up and an FA cup tie against Liverpool in early Jan. This squad isn't good enough to get through a fixture pile up.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

pieceofme wrote:I know it was a couple of weeks ago but couldn't believe Hughton's job was under threat!

Now he's sacked. Makes no sense, they were just promoted and are at mid-table. What are they expecting?
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Hellsinkey wrote:
pieceofme wrote:I know it was a couple of weeks ago but couldn't believe Hughton's job was under threat!

Now he's sacked. Makes no sense, they were just promoted and are at mid-table. What are they expecting?
As I said in November, everything is possible in Magpie country.

Carroll is having a stellar season so far, but the rest are as bad as Bramble and Boumsong so of course it's the manager's fault.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Hellsinkey wrote:

Hilarious. Pardew linked to the job! A pretty mixed track record and recently sacked by Southampton! Can't see him doing much better than Hughton if at all.

And WTF is happening with Chelsea?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Yeah, shocking developments at Newcastle. A 5 Year contract for Pardew. I did read that Ashley and Pardew are mates so I bet Alan's been in Mike's ear for a bit telling him where Hughton was going wrong.

Chelsea are having a dodgy time and just don't seem to be playing well at all. Sometimes you can be playing decent overall, but one area of the team is struggling, such as Uniteds defence when Rio was out. The goals have dried up from the start of the season for Chelsea, and they haven't been dominating midfield like they should. Essien is now back so I would have thought controlling the middle of the park would be easier, but maybe they are missing Fat Lampard more than we think. Although they've always been strong defensively, I always thought that was partly because of the midfield and I still think if you can get at their back 4, and they are weaker without Carvalho, and Terry is overrated.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Losing Carvalho was a big thing for them and both Anelka and Drogba are over 30, so how long can they keep up.