The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by BozoMcMetal »

BD888 wrote:Strikeforce was awesome the other night, 3 amazing KOs, in a row

I love a good KO, but that Strikeforce event may have been the most predictable MMA card of all time.
tripsgirl
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tripsgirl »

Ha Brock gets beat once and he runs away,if this is true he proves he is nothing but a punk ass bitch...

According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo Sports, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is looking for an "exit strategy" to get out of his UFC contract, which most believe currently has one fight left on it. Lesnar "badly" wants to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year.

The MMA world has been buzzing about this story since Dave Melzer broke the news on Monday night. Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Lesnar has been hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated $2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Its widely known that Lesnar was miserable with WWE's brutal travel schedule and vowed to never be on the road with WWE 200 days a year again. With the mainstream success he's had in the UFC and the insane drawing power he's displayed during his time there, he could make a truckload of money working WrestleMania and a few other limited appearances.
Personally, I blame Triple H -
The sig good for any occasion.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tripsgirl wrote:Ha Brock gets beat once and he runs away,if this is true he proves he is nothing but a punk ass bitch...

According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo Sports, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is looking for an "exit strategy" to get out of his UFC contract, which most believe currently has one fight left on it. Lesnar "badly" wants to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year.

The MMA world has been buzzing about this story since Dave Melzer broke the news on Monday night. Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Lesnar has been hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated $2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Its widely known that Lesnar was miserable with WWE's brutal travel schedule and vowed to never be on the road with WWE 200 days a year again. With the mainstream success he's had in the UFC and the insane drawing power he's displayed during his time there, he could make a truckload of money working WrestleMania and a few other limited appearances.
In other words,
if he cant bully a guy & beat opponents on his terms, he doesnt want to fight.
Getting hurt is part of the game. What does he expect?
In my opinion, yes he won the Shane Carwin fight, but would have lost if Carwin didnt blow his load and punch himself out.
Velasquez fought the perfect fight to beat Brock. I've watched both of those fights over and over again, and realized that Brock's gameplan in the Velasquez fight was so wrong it was silly. He was catious with Carwin until he got nailed. Not so with Cain. He came barrelling at the guy, and Cain's defense stuffed that approach. Didnt Brock and his crew watch tape of Cain?
I've also watched past Velasquez fights & with his skills I dont see anybody beating him in quite sometime.
Thanks for the post!
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

tripsgirl wrote:Ha Brock gets beat once and he runs away,if this is true he proves he is nothing but a punk ass bitch...
Or that he has options besides getting all turtled up by people who can actually throw a punch.
I don't know, it seems like a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

SammyLeeCherone
Recording Debut Album

Post by SammyLeeCherone »

Just a heads up. Dynamite 2010 starts at 4am EST.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

I havent watched a JMMA event live in quite some time but I think I might tonight.
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

I think lesnar is embarrassed... I've never seen anyone react the way he does to getting hit. How do you sit there and proclaim yourself baddest man on the planet and flinch like a girl when your touched. I was embarrassed for him watching the carwin and Cain fights. I don't think he's coming back. After the Cain fight Dana said that knowing Brock, he thought hecwould cut back his hunting trip to train and getting back in the cage. Looks like Brock wasn't as into it as he thought....
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:I think lesnar is embarrassed... I've never seen anyone react the way he does to getting hit. How do you sit there and proclaim yourself baddest man on the planet and flinch like a girl when your touched. I was embarrassed for him watching the carwin and Cain fights. I don't think he's coming back. After the Cain fight Dana said that knowing Brock, he thought hecwould cut back his hunting trip to train and getting back in the cage. Looks like Brock wasn't as into it as he thought....
I think you are right. The Carwin & Cain fights were basically the same fight, the only difference was Cain finished him versus Carwin not being able to. Also remember when he lost to Frank Mir, it took Mir about 5 seconds of that leg lock(or whatever it is called) and Brock tapped like a 3 year old. I like Brock Lesner. I think he is good for the sport, but if he doesnt like to be hit, he shouldnt be fighting.

Tonight's fights should be good. We'll see if Frankie Edgar can fight an entertaining fight. The last time he beat BJ it was boring!
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Tonight's fights should be good. We'll see if Frankie Edgar can fight an entertaining fight. The last time he beat BJ it was boring!

I'm hoping Maynard beats his boring ass.

There are several potentially good fights tonight. Always enjoy watching the Carpenter fight, and I'm hoping Leben/Stann will be good. Shit, Matt Brown is fighting tonight too. Good deal.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tin00can wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:

There are several potentially good fights tonight. Always enjoy watching the Carpenter fight, and I'm hoping Leben/Stann will be good. Shit, Matt Brown is fighting tonight too. Good deal.
You think Brandon Vera has anything left?
I remember when he first came on, he destroyed everybody & looked like a badass.
What happened to the guy?
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

tin00can wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:

Paging the irony...

Other than the potentially lackluster main event, this should be a great card. I hope Gomi wins brutally.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Wow, the main event turned out to be one of the best fights of the night. However, it's proof that something needs to be done about the judges. How can three people watch the same fight and come to three different decisions like that? I have a lot more respect for Edgar coming back like that.

WTF was Guida doing in his fight?
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

I thought it was gonna be a short night for Edgar.... He's a tough sob to get through that... I thought he won but a draw is understandable

As far as the judging is concerned... You ever watching a fight and see a dude go down and your like WTF? He wasn't hit by anything! Then they show the replay from a different angle and then it's plain as day? The judges sit on 3 different sides of the cage and sometimes miss things due to the angle and don't have the luxury of replay...boxing and mma employ 3 judges for this reason... All in all though a good night of fights
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Interesting, I didn't know that they sat in different places. That changes it a bit.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tin00can wrote:Wow, the main event turned out to be one of the best fights of the night. However, it's proof that something needs to be done about the judges. How can three people watch the same fight and come to three different decisions like that? I have a lot more respect for Edgar coming back like that.

winning. He confused the hell out of the other guy. Once Clay got the guy on the ground, it was over. Love that guy.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

yeahbuddy wrote:
tin00can wrote:Wow, the main event turned out to be one of the best fights of the night. However, it's proof that something needs to be done about the judges. How can three people watch the same fight and come to three different decisions like that? I have a lot more respect for Edgar coming back like that.

winning. He confused the hell out of the other guy. Once Clay got the guy on the ground, it was over. Love that guy.

Oh, no doubt. Guida is one of the most fun guys in the UFC. His fight with Shanchez was fucking epic.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

tin00can wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:

Oh, no doubt. Guida is one of the most fun guys in the UFC. His fight with Shanchez was fucking epic.
Absolutely. That brutal kick that Sanchez landed flush, shinbone to mouth, would have dropped anyone else. Guida is always a gamer.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Man, Thiago Silva is a bully.
I don't think I care for his antics. Well at least it wasn't my nose he smashed or my back he used as bongos so what do I care.

Was it me or did Dana seemed kind of bummed with the draw? He was like "ok you got to keep your belt. Here you go ya dumbass".
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

tin00can wrote:Wow, the main event turned out to be one of the best fights of the night. However, it's proof that something needs to be done about the judges. How can three people watch the same fight and come to three different decisions like that?
I agree that the judges usually suck but I don't see anything outrageous in this situation. Some rounds were pretty close so I can see a judge leaning towards one side and another judge leaning to the other.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

My take on the night overall-
I thought it was fair to call the fight a draw. Obviously the 1st round went to Maynard in a big and I mean a BIG way. Round 2, to Edgar. Rounds 3, 4, and 5 were toss ups.
Speaking of Frankie E- I give that guy much props for surviving the 1st round. He was on fight or flight from the time he got nailed to the end of round. That round reminded me of the 1st round of the Brock/Carwin & Brock/Cain fights X 10. What a round!! I was never a big fan of Frankie, but he's got my upmost respect.
Also, give credit to the ref for not stopping the fight. He could have stopped it a couple of times, but let it go.
Speaking of refs- what the f was the ref doing in the Vera/Silva fight? Either stop the fight, or stand the two fighters up. To let a fighter bitchslap another like what was being done was completely uncalled for.
Here's a great interview with Dana White-
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/02/d ... n-edgar-m/
Once Dana starts unleashing, he doesnt hold back any words whatsoever.
Nick Diaz or Nate whoever that was, is a punk. He had nothing going on in that fight. He tried a few submissions, but the other fighter got out of the attempts no problems.
Overall a great night of fights! Great way to start off the new year, and its going to be hard to top the Frankie/Maynard fight as fight of the year.
Also, I could care less about a Rich Franklin/Forrest Griffith fight. Both those guys were embarrassed beyond belief by Anderson Silva. Wasnt Forrest Griffith the guy who got knocked out by Silva and ran out of the ring? What a puss!
BD888
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BD888 »

I scored it the same way Dana did for the final. Until this fight, I had slightly lost interest in the LW division despite it being so deep, because without BJ Penn, I felt it lost it's sheen a bit. However, with the WEC being absorbed, it could get very interesting again particularly with the title unification.
James Bon
Headlining Clubs

Post by James Bon »

Anyone looking forward to the Strikeforce tournament?
I think it will be great, especially if Fedor and Overeem get
through and fight each other!

Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

I'm sure Fedor's management will fuck it up, or Overeem will find more cans to crush in Japan before it has the chance to happen. Hope I'm wrong though.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
SammyLeeCherone
Recording Debut Album

Post by SammyLeeCherone »

Why would Fedors people fuck him? They haven't yet so I doubt they would start now.

What's wrong with Overeem keeping busy to feed his family. He fights "cans" in Japan because he is able to. Are you suggesting Alistair should be locked up like Dana White keeps UFC fighters locked up and by doing so preventing them from making money?

I'm really looking forwards to this GP. I hope Fedor and Kharitonov finally meet.

I'm picking Fedor,Overeem,Kharitonov and Barnett to move on.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

I knew what the matchups were, but I didnt know the bracket was like that. What a weak right side, I know they want fedor to fight ubereem or werdum and banking on it to happen in the finals isnt a sure thing, but I would have been more "epic"

I see barnett getting rolled in the finals
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

TUF needs some kind of format change since it's been pretty boring lately, but still:

Dana White officially announced the coaches for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter today on the conference call today for the UFC: Fight for The Troops 2 event.

The coaches will be Brock Lesnar and Junior dos Santos. Brock Lesnar will be fighting Junior dos Santos after the season is over. There will be no interim title fight. The winner of the Lesnar and Junior dos Santos fight will face Cain Velasquez when Cain is healthy and ready to fight again.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Garbageman wrote:TUF needs some kind of format change since it's been pretty boring lately, but still:

Dana White officially announced the coaches for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter today on the conference call today for the UFC: Fight for The Troops 2 event.

The coaches will be Brock Lesnar and Junior dos Santos. Brock Lesnar will be fighting Junior dos Santos after the season is over. There will be no interim title fight. The winner of the Lesnar and Junior dos Santos fight will face Cain Velasquez when Cain is healthy and ready to fight again.
I think those are the right choices for coaches at this time. And being that Cain is on the shelf for at least 6 months, this should be a good fight. I could care less about a Lesnar/Mir 3 fight, and dos Santos has got to fight one of the top heavyweights. HOWEVER, I am a big UFC fan but I do not watch this show. I will watch the final fight, but I dont give a rat's ass about these guys living together and cooking up fake drama for tv.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I think calling Lesnar a "coach" for MMA is stretching the definition of that word. He'd be a cheerleader at best. But yeah, that's some fairly creative thinking from Dana, it answers a lot of questions at once.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tin00can wrote:I think calling Lesnar a "coach" for MMA is stretching the definition of that word. He'd be a cheerleader at best. But yeah, that's some fairly creative thinking from Dana, it answers a lot of questions at once.
Agree on both points. Gotta give Brock props for taking the dos Santos fight. He could've fought one of the weaker heavyweights to get back into the game, but he chose the next in line guy that was to fight Cain.