Tim Tebow's run in Denver

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Tim Tebow's run in Denver

Post by LAglamrocker »

its amazing everyone wants Tebow to fail

hes being judged for every game, like its his last

he will go to a team one day that will believe in him 100%, that team will be great and fun to watch. Just hope its the Broncos.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAglamrocker wrote:its amazing everyone wants Tebow to fail

he will go to a team one day that will believe in him 100%, that team will be great and fun to watch. Just hope its the Broncos.

No chance.
Tebow is his own worst enemy.

His religious belief has drawn so much attention, that the general public and other NFL players are hoping that he fails.
The commercial he made with his mom also did
the guy no favors.
Why do you think opponents have begun to mock the rookie QB?
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Machado wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:its amazing everyone wants Tebow to fail

His religious belief has drawn so much attention, that the general public and other NFL players are hoping that he fails.

I can't stand him, not because of his beliefs, but because he can't STFU about it. When he was putting verse #'s or whatever on his eye black I started to hate him.

Time and place, Timmy.

I root for a Catholic School (ND) BTW.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

LAglamrocker wrote:he will go to a team one day that will believe in him 100%, that team will be great and fun to watch.
Maybe in Canada. Because after this spectacle, no NFL team is gonna touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

LAglamrocker wrote:he will go to a team one day that will believe in him 100%, that team will be great and fun to watch.
UFL troll is UFL troll :twisted:
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

LAglamrocker wrote:he will go to a team one day that will believe in him 100%, that team will be great and fun to watch. Just hope its the Broncos.
This isn't the land of make believe where Tebow can click his heels 3 times and turn into a good QB.

He came out of a college style system. He can't read defenses. He has a below average arm. If he had an average arm and could learn to read defenses then his intangibles might make a difference. But the fact is he simply doesn't have the tools to be an NFL QB and no amount of coaching or internal drive is going to fix it. Tebow was a 4th round long-term project at best and McDaniels screwed up big time trading up to draft him.

Look at the QBs taken in the past three NFL drafts. If you were another team, would you trade any of these guys to Denver for Tebow?:
Stafford
Sanchez
Freeman
Bradford
McCoy
Newton
Locker
Gabbert
Ponder
Dalton
Mallett

FUCK NO!!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Saw this on a Broncos message board:
someone said they were dressing up as tebow for Halloween and is going to throw the candy behind the kids and at their feet.
:lol:
Lonsome Crow
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Lonsome Crow »

Machado wrote:His religious belief has drawn so much attention, that the general public and other NFL players are hoping that he fails.
While I concede that this is the source for a large portion of the animus directed towards Tebow, religious beliefs such as his are not unique among NFL football players. True, he has a higher profile than most but I've always wondered if the fact that he played for Florida and the SEC has also driven the vitriol especially among TV commentators. Cam had a lot of hate tossed towards him as well. College rivalries never die.
Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Lonsome Crow wrote:
Machado wrote:His religious belief has drawn so much attention, that the general public and other NFL players are hoping that he fails.
While I concede that this is the source for a large portion of the animus directed towards Tebow, religious beliefs such as his are not unique among NFL football players. True, he has a higher profile than most but I've always wondered if the fact that he played for Florida and the SEC has also driven the vitriol especially among TV commentators. Cam had a lot of hate tossed towards him as well. College rivalries never die.

Putting religious verses on your eye black is unique. The guy's a douche.
Lonsome Crow
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Lonsome Crow »

Tommy wrote:
Lonsome Crow wrote:

Putting religious verses on your eye black is unique. The guy's a douche.

Yeah, but you always see some asshat in the stands with that John 3:16 sign or whatever the fuck it is. Reggie White was a minister and would talk about how God talked to him and other shit, and he never got hated on the way Tebow does.

Then again, Reggie was one of the all time greats...
Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I laugh at some of the posts above because it's obvious the person posting is answering his/her question in the same post.

Tebow was a great college player.
That alone does not give him the right to act as if he is suddenly a great
NFL player at the QB position.

How he has "promoted" his religious belief is just more ammo for opponents and critics.
Add to that, he filmed a t.v. commercial to promote the religion his believes in the most.

Add it all up, the defender was to hit Tebow a little harder, the defense was to punish Tebow a little more, etc....

He has made his bed in his rookie season, now he has to grow up fast, take his licks like a man and not cry about the way he has been
treated so far in his rookie season.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I laugh at some of the posts above because it's obvious the person posting is answering his/her question in the same post.

Tebow was a great college player.
That alone does not give him the right to act as if he is suddenly a great
NFL player at the QB position.

How he has "promoted" his religious belief is just more ammo for opponents and critics.
Add to that, he filmed a t.v. commercial to promote the religion his believes in the most.

Add it all up, the defender was to hit Tebow a little harder, the defense was to punish Tebow a little more, etc....

He has made his bed in his rookie season, now he has to grow up fast, take his licks like a man and not cry about the way he has been
treated so far in his rookie season.
But Tebow isn't whining. He isn't complaining about the hits, or being mocked by defenders. I can't stand the religious bullshit either - anybody remember Kurt Warner's THANK YOU JESUS! speech after he won a super bowl? - but I didn't think Tebow's commercial with his mom was terribly offensive. It really wasn't very over the top and I was surprised by how understated it was.

I don't give a shit about Tebow either way, except that it's a bit of an amusing sideshow during yet another season where my team is shit. I suppose for Broncos fans it means a bit more.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Tommy wrote:
Lonsome Crow wrote:

Putting religious verses on your eye black is unique.
Why does it matter that he does that?
Why would it piss someone off?

I'm not religious, but I don't get why that should be a big sticking point for someone.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

at least Tebow believes in what he says

all other athletes it seems to be so fake

Final Tebow 28
Raiders 17
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

LAglamrocker wrote: Final Tebow 6
Raiders 45
Fixed it for you.

Too bad Tebow wears a #15 jersey. If he wore #3 he might have a chance of putting up more points than his uniform number.
crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crabfan »

Tebow's the man....and how he does as a ballplayer doesn't change that for me.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Elway JR
124 yds passing 2tds
118 yards rushing

win over Raiders on the road

players play great when inspired by a leader, Tebow has heart!

Orton and that Notre Dame loser QB are pissed

TebowMania has just started, hes made the Broncos FUN again
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

LAglamrocker wrote:at least Tebow believes in what he says

all other athletes it seems to be so fake

Final Tebow 28
Raiders 17
SkyDog112046 wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote: Final Tebow 6
Raiders 45
Fixed it for you.

Too bad Tebow wears a #15 jersey. If he wore #3 he might have a chance of putting up more points than his uniform number.
Final:

Tebow 38
Faders 24

Another final .....

Giants 24
Patsies 20

Can't wait for your next predictions, Licketydamus.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I was only half watching the game but Tebow didn't look any worse then other non elite QB's today against the Raiders.

Last week he just happened to face one of the most brutal defenses in the league. The Lions will do the same thing to the other Christian in the league, C Ponder. ANd maybe even the other rookie Newton.
scarred but smarter
The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

LAglamrocker wrote:Elway JR
124 yds passing 2tds
118 yards rushing

win over Raiders on the road

players play great when inspired by a leader, Tebow has heart!

Orton and that Notre Dame loser QB are pissed

TebowMania has just started, hes made the Broncos FUN again
Damsel-in-Distress wrote:Taime Downe=pork sausage in a goth wrapper.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

demolition23 wrote: Why does it matter that he does that?
Why would it piss someone off?

I'm not religious, but I don't get why that should be a big sticking point for someone.

Time and place.

Football should be about football.

You know how ESPN gets on Obama's dick re: his Final Four picks? Yeah, I hate that.

I tune into ESPN to AVOID politics. If I want Obama/Boehner I'll turn on CNN or Fox. When Tebow does that shit it I find it ridiculous. I'm here to watch football, not to see your views on God. FWIW, I'm an Irish Catholic.

And for the record: Jesus doesn't care about football.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Tommy wrote:And for the record: Jesus doesn't care about football.
If he does, he obviously hates the Bears.

I have nothing against Tebow the person. I have everything against the media that keeps bringing him up. A 115 yard performance in his first start shouldn't be the first 8 minutes of Sportscenter, but there it was when they came back against the Bengals that first week. They came back and won that game in spite of Tebow, not because of him. If I'm the other 52 guys on the Broncos I'd resent the shit out of him and the coaches. Their livelihoods are in the balance and the coaches aren't doing them any favors by playing the guy that doesn't give them the best chance to win.

You can be an inferior QB in college with those athletic skills and get away with it because you're playing against inferior athletes. It won't translate to the NFL because it's big boy football played by men, not boys.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The last great QB to rack up sick numbers but not bring it to the NFL I can remember was McMahon. Way below average arm, but a winner surrounded by a great team with a hall of fame RB and one of the best offensive lines I can remember. Couple that with the Bears D those years and McMahon not only got by with inferior skills, but actually thrived because of the team.

$tevil
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

johnk5150 wrote:The last great QB to rack up sick numbers but not bring it to the NFL I can remember was McMahon. Way below average arm, but a winner surrounded by a great team with a hall of fame RB and one of the best offensive lines I can remember. Couple that with the Bears D those years and McMahon not only got by with inferior skills, but actually thrived because of the team.
One of my favorite quarterbacks, incidentally.
"FUN'S OVER."
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

johnk5150 wrote:
MickeyG wrote:I'm still surprised how American sports uses amateur organizations (colleges) to produce their players for them. Once these guys have hit their early 20's they've already lost a lot of their development time and learned bad habits. Outside of American sports most other team sports want kids as young as 11 in their youth teams so they can train them themselves.
The college athletic system is corrupt as shit.

I agree. I laugh at people who say college sports are so "pure".
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The Cusack wrote:Image
Briggs, Urlacher and Peppers will be bringing Denver fans an early Christmas gift on 12/11.

$tevil
The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

johnk5150 wrote:
The Cusack wrote:Image
Briggs, Urlacher and Peppers will be bringing Denver fans an early Christmas gift on 12/11.
Probably not and with Denver's lack of a pass rush the Bears should be able to have their way with them on offense. The Broncos have a long way to go towards being a good team but in the AFC West they might be good enough to make the playoffs.

2 of 8 passing while winning the game is just hilarious to me but apparently he's winning Charlie Sheen style.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

ha ha 2 weeks the haters, "well they might make the playoffs" ha,ha ESPN jackoffs!

Tebow the real thing, ha ha bandwagon is getting bigger!!
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

I honestly can't believe they've won those past 2 games. Shit's getting pretty funny.
"FUN'S OVER."