The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Lardbucket »

johnk5150 wrote:
Lardbucket wrote:Mike Smith looked like Charlie Brown getting hit by a liner when Shaw clipped his head. :D
The Hawks need to stop shooting to his glove side, but they go home tied at 1 game each and that is HUGE. Going home down 2-0 would have been tough.
I hope he's okay, but I gotta ask. How was that a penalty on Shaw? Is he not allowed to go after the puck when the goalie is that far away from the pipes?
There was contact to Smith's head and that seems to be the only area the league is worried about these days.....except when Shea Weber turnbuckles someone into the glass, that is. I thought a 2-minute penalty was probably warranted (or at least explainable), but 5 and a game? Nonsense.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Lardbucket wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
Lardbucket wrote:Mike Smith looked like Charlie Brown getting hit by a liner when Shaw clipped his head. :D
The Hawks need to stop shooting to his glove side, but they go home tied at 1 game each and that is HUGE. Going home down 2-0 would have been tough.
I hope he's okay, but I gotta ask. How was that a penalty on Shaw? Is he not allowed to go after the puck when the goalie is that far away from the pipes?
There was contact to Smith's head and that seems to be the only area the league is worried about these days.....except when Shea Weber turnbuckles someone into the glass, that is. I thought a 2-minute penalty was probably warranted (or at least explainable), but 5 and a game? Nonsense.
Trib poll this morning.

What's your take on Andrew Shaw's hit on Coyotes goalie Mike Smith?

There was no intent to injure from Shaw (1379 responses)

41%

Shaw deserved to get ejected (260 responses)

8%

Smith was milking it (1729 responses)

51%

When I saw it live I was 'holyfuckingshit!'. Upon watching the replay it looked like and unfortuante collision from two guys focusing on the puck. Especially from the above the ice camera.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

No one was happier the Hawks pulled it out than Andrew Shaw. The rookie winger was forced to watch the mayhem at the end of the game after being ejected during the second period after colliding with Smith.

Only Smith knows for sure how shaken up he was when he was sprawled along the end boards after getting hit in the facemask by Shaw's shoulder.

The collision helped the Coyotes cash in on the ensuing power play after officials handed Shaw a five-minute charging penalty and tossed him from the game.

After several minutes on the ice, Smith got up and stayed in the game and then watched Vermette score his second goal and give the Coyotes a lead they didn't relinquish until the clock had nearly run out.

"I was just in on the forecheck and he played the puck and when I saw I was coming close I tried getting out of the way and unfortunately I made contact," Shaw said. "Not that I meant to or anything. I'm just glad he's okay and I'm glad he played the rest of the game.

"I'm just happy we came out with the win," Shaw added. "It makes me feel a lot better. It was a big goal by Bickell there.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

If Shaw makes the exact same contact to a Coyote defenseman there's probably no call. The league has always been hyper-sensitive towards contact with goalies. You see so many BS goalie-interference calls, including last night when Smith initiated contact with Toews.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I knew the Penguins are a bunch of crying bitches but I didn't realize they were cheap shot artists as well. I hope Philly hangs ten on them in game four.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

I may be wrong but I cannot remember Crosby pulling so much shit...and Im a die hard Flyers Fan! What a fucking game, Im in 911 today and even my non hockey fan coworkers were all over this game
All of the games in every series have been great, this is the best time of year to be a hockey fan!

And Letang is lucky someone didnt throw something on him with that shit he pulled grabbing his jersey!

Getting Letang off the ice may have been a turning point, the guy is tough.

Crosby is a disgrace as is Aaron Asham.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
TheImpaler9
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by TheImpaler9 »

I would like to know how many times Pierre McGuire can say "juicy rebound" in one game. If you took a shot in this game every time he did you would be comatose.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Excellent seeing Shittsburgh showing a Nationwide audience what a lot of us have known for years. Dirty, cheap shot artist frauds. Straight-up pussies. Soon it'll be "Adios!" :lol:

Oh, and...Wayne The Motherfuckin' Night Train Simmonds...FTW!
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Gotta say the Flyers are handing the Pens their asses on every level. Even though I got two Pens in my pool, I kinda like it.

Also, after a great year, Fleury is shitting the bed. You gotta make a big save sometimes to wake your team up. I bet they go out and get a better back-up next year, a la Schnedeir, so they have a plan B if someone hangs a couple of touchdowns on them next year.

Playoffs have been amazing so far. OT, fights, high-scoring games, and some good tight ones. The only thing missing is the Habs.
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

We should start a playoff drinking game!
Shot for every dive, cheap shot, shorthanded goal.

Post by NeverSurrender »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Excellent seeing Shittsburgh showing a Nationwide audience what a lot of us have known for years. Dirty, cheap shot artist frauds. Straight-up pussies. Soon it'll be "Adios!" :lol:

And guess who wants to cry?

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/sta ... 1840115712

Think his letter will inclue asham's cross check to the throat? I wonder if all the bandwagoners and half ass hockey fans still will think the islanders were the villians last year aginst the Pens? Bunch of bitches. And this cocksucker wants to write a letter. Torts was right. Arrogance. Go Flyers!! Did I just say that? :lol: Mario - Tears For Years
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I knew the Penguins are a bunch of crying bitches but I didn't realize they were cheap shot artists as well. I hope Philly hangs ten on them in game four.

Dude, Orpick, Letang and Cooke are three of the worst cheap shot artist diving motherfuckers that ever skated on NHL ice. What else could make me cheer for the Flyers and Rags? The world will now know what fans of Atlantic division teams have known for a while. pens are bitches.
John Simon Ritchie

NeverSurrender wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Excellent seeing Shittsburgh showing a Nationwide audience what a lot of us have known for years. Dirty, cheap shot artist frauds. Straight-up pussies. Soon it'll be "Adios!" :lol:

And guess who wants to cry?

https://twitter.com/#!/TGfireandice/sta ... 1840115712

Think his letter will inclue asham's cross check to the throat? I wonder if all the bandwagoners and half ass hockey fans still will think the islanders were the villians last year aginst the Pens? Bunch of bitches. And this cocksucker wants to write a letter. Torts was right. Arrogance. Go Flyers!! Did I just say that? :lol: Mario - Tears For Years
This is good:

"Let Chris Therien sum up your feelings about Sidney Crosby (and the Pittsburgh Penguins), following the first period scrum in which Crosby punked around all over the ice: "You know what, Crosby is the one who started that thing. What is to say someone can't just punch his lights right out? Concussion or no concussion. Punch him in the face as hard as you can. He went after Timonen, so you drop ...a bomb right at his beak, and you let him know, "I don't care about your head, kid, if you're going to pull this stuff in our house." He's going to whine all night and cry all night for penalties, yet he goes after Kimmo Timonen.""
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WhiteHouseSubsAC

I cooked for Therien when he still played for Philly. Huge guy, he must have been a monster on skates. I don't remember him being particularly scrappy, that's a funny quote.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Gibsonite wrote:Image
i guess you haven't watched him play lately. he's been the canucks best player the last month or so. had the canucks not shit the bed in games 6 and 7 against the bruins last year he would have won the conn smythe. 8 goals in 7 games doesn't win championships.

he's the only reason the 2 games against the kings were even close.

i was in home depot today and some chick said to her husband,"schnieder should start sunday." i said back to her,"where, on the power play?"

her husband gave me a high five.
I'm not the biggest Luongo fan but this is spot on.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Image He really whined about his princess hair like that? What a fag!
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
John Simon Ritchie

AliceManson wrote:Image He really whined about his princess hair like that? What a fag!

And dude really pulled his hair like a bitch? You know, or maybe you don't, but there is a rule against bitch moves like that...hence Hartnell pointing it out.
Can't wait to see if he gets handed a suspension just because he chose to fight like a 8 year old girl. :lol:

Btw...funny to see The pigeons exposed as the bitch, cheap shot artists I said they were earlier, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by John Simon Ritchie on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

AliceManson wrote:Image He really whined about his princess hair like that? What a fag!
When doing that is an automatic 5 minute, then yes.

Please don't tell me you're a shitsburgh fan, are you? :lol:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
When doing that is an automatic 5 minute, then yes.

Please don't tell me you're a shitsburgh fan, are you? :lol:
Yeah she/he is. :lol:

Fucking Panthers making it tense for me as always. :x
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Typical, ridiculous, homer pen's fan that takes marios tears as gospel.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

The thing that kills me about that is that Hartnell is INCREDULOUS that douchebag was pulling his hair in the first place. I guess hitting him with his purse wasn't working.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

TheImpaler9 wrote:I would like to know how many times Pierre McGuire can say "juicy rebound" in one game. If you took a shot in this game every time he did you would be comatose.
Hahah yeah we took a drink every time he said "juicy". Hey can somebody make me a .gif of the Crosby glove incident.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Good night my beloved Canucks.

What a fucking piss off
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Royal Dudeness wrote:Good night my beloved Canucks.

What a fucking piss off
Bwhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa, at least you got to see a couple more Kesler dives.
doctordestructo

Post by doctordestructo »

Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

Here's the audio of Chris Therien losing his fucking mind during the game! I think he wanted to leave the booth. "I believe they are called nipples". LOLOL

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/04/au ... rosby.html

Also, I want a .gif of the glove pushing too! Fuck, I'm gonna call in sick so I can watch this game on Wed!

Post by chungasrevenge »

Royal Dudeness wrote:Good night my beloved Canucks.

What a fucking piss off
How soon we forget about the President's Trophy.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

:lol: I've been watching the Canucks series just to watch them lose and laugh.
Hadn't seen the shirt an L.A. fan was wearing behind the Canucks bench last night but I lol'd.

The Sedin Sisters
2 Girls
No Cup.

:lol:
Last edited by Facedown on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.