The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Captain Morgan »

nakedmadman wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:
ozzyrulz777 wrote:Impact was horrible last night.
If there's any luck, Austin Aries is on his way out of there and heading for WWE.
the only way AA is going to go to the E is if Vince finally pulls his head out of his ass and revives the cruiser weight title. Do that, he'll gut the X-division and kill TNA.
There's a rumor they're trying to "revamp" the cruiserweight division in some form for the new WWE Network. I really think that a "X-Division" on Smackdown would help boost the ratings a bit, especially pulling in guys like Austin Aries, AJ Styles, etc. Wouldn't be a HUGE impact on the ratings, but it would draw interest and make Smackdown more unique.

If I was rebuilding the division, it would look like:

AJ Styles
Motor City Machine Guns (if brought in separately, neglecting the tag division...again)
Austin Aries
Christian
Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
Tyson Kidd

I'm all for it. If Billy Kidman is still with the company, he could be put in charge of the division.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

nakedmadman wrote:Brock=fun, but unless I'm really missing something, he's having a real problem scaling back from his UFC mentality. I've heard of a good sell, a stiff wrestler, but a lot of Brock tonight was down right cagefighting. Looked to me like Supercena was having a hard time seperating the sell from survival in a couple of places. I also thought that kimoura was wrenched a lot harder than was needed to ensure a sell.

I think they did a great job of selling it if you thought that arm-lock was close to hurting him. It wasn't locked in the way it really would be in an MMA fight, and I can twist my arm into the sort of position Cena's was without any strain - and I'm no yoga-ninja or anything.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Captain Morgan wrote:
nakedmadman wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:
If there's any luck, Austin Aries is on his way out of there and heading for WWE.
the only way AA is going to go to the E is if Vince finally pulls his head out of his ass and revives the cruiser weight title. Do that, he'll gut the X-division and kill TNA.
There's a rumor they're trying to "revamp" the cruiserweight division in some form for the new WWE Network. I really think that a "X-Division" on Smackdown would help boost the ratings a bit, especially pulling in guys like Austin Aries, AJ Styles, etc. Wouldn't be a HUGE impact on the ratings, but it would draw interest and make Smackdown more unique.

AJ Styles
Motor City Machine Guns (if brought in separately, neglecting the tag division...again)
Austin Aries
Christian
Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
Tyson Kidd

I'm all for it. If Billy Kidman is still with the company, he could be put in charge of the division.
Great idea, I would love that. Especially since TNA's X-Division hasn't been what it once was since forever, since they had that old really crappy looking set and stage.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

FullDJacket wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote: There's a rumor they're trying to "revamp" the cruiserweight division in some form for the new WWE Network. I really think that a "X-Division" on Smackdown would help boost the ratings a bit, especially pulling in guys like Austin Aries, AJ Styles, etc. Wouldn't be a HUGE impact on the ratings, but it would draw interest and make Smackdown more unique.

AJ Styles
Austin Aries
Christian
Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
Tyson Kidd

Great idea, I would love that. Especially since TNA's X-Division hasn't been what it once was since forever, since they had that old really crappy looking set and stage.
When they switched to a four-sided ring, they took away a lot of the unique qualities of TNA, especially the "Ultimate X" matches.

I could see WWE trying out something different if they do move forward. Maybe not to the extent of a six-sided ring, but a variation of the Ultimate X.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Captain Morgan wrote:
FullDJacket wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote: There's a rumor they're trying to "revamp" the cruiserweight division in some form for the new WWE Network. I really think that a "X-Division" on Smackdown would help boost the ratings a bit, especially pulling in guys like Austin Aries, AJ Styles, etc. Wouldn't be a HUGE impact on the ratings, but it would draw interest and make Smackdown more unique.

AJ Styles
Austin Aries
Christian
Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
Tyson Kidd

When they switched to a four-sided ring, they took away a lot of the unique qualities of TNA, especially the "Ultimate X" matches.

I could see WWE trying out something different if they do move forward. Maybe not to the extent of a six-sided ring, but a variation of the Ultimate X.
I was never a weekly TNA impact viewer. The big change to me was when they first brought in big guys like Samoa Joe into the X-division. I remember the first time I watched TNA it was the X-Division and it was truly fast paced and high flying but a few years later the X-division was just regular wrestling and a championship belt.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Paul Heyman on the mic > 98% of WWE roster
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Space Bear wrote:Paul Heyman on the mic > 98% of WWE roster
So glad to see him show up. One of the worst decisions the company ever made was letting him go.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Space Bear wrote:Paul Heyman on the mic > 98% of WWE roster
Word! Great surprise, the Lesnar/Heyman pairing in and out of wrestling have a real outlaw feel to it which is cool in this day and age.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Right on. I knew there'd be some other people here marking out for Heyman.

I jumped up off my couch when he walked out...

:lol:
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

I had honestly given up on this weeks raw and had the remote in my hand to shut it off when Heyman walked out. Raw was horrid up to that point. And yes, I too had a mark moment when he hit the stage.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

I had honestly given up on this weeks raw and had the remote in my hand to shut it off when Heyman walked out. Raw was horrid up to that point. And yes, I too had a mark moment when he hit the stage.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

kylel

Post by kylel »

nakedmadman wrote:I had honestly given up on this weeks raw and had the remote in my hand to shut it off when Heyman walked out. Raw was horrid up to that point. And yes, I too had a mark moment when he hit the stage.

You don't say times 3???
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

yeah, I don't know what happened there. Usually it's click and insta-post. Apparently not that time. lol
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I agree with everybody on here the Heyman/Lesnar angle is what keeps me coming back.

Word is that Heyman is signed thru the summer and the angle is supposed to imitate what went down for real when Lesnar left the WWE 8 years ago.

C.M. Punk and Heyman have a mutual respect thing going on too and Punk would love to work with Heyman if possible.

I'm too old to be on that stupid-ass twitter bullshit but Scott Steiner has been a funny fuckin madmen lately goin off on Bischoff/Hogan here's a link to his latest rant talking about the infamous Gold Club in Atlanta lawsuit.
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/ ... -Club-.htm
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

This is the most interesting Scott Steiner has ever been!
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I am happy Heyman is back.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

WWE gets an Impact Zone!!!

WWE Shifting NXT Tapings To Full Sail University In Winter Park, Florida
By Daniel Pena
May 11, 2012 - 2:43:59 PM

Beginning next Thursday, WWE's WWE NXT and FCW Wrestling tapings will emanate from Full Sail University's multi purpose performance venue in Winter Park, Florida. Tickets for the events are free to university staff and students with ID as long as they are reserved in advance.

The events, which are being branded as WWE Superstar Showdown, are taking place near the company's developmental facility in Tampa, Florida as means to integrate Florida Championship Wrestling talent on NXT more smoothly. Company officials hope the "university feel" will give the show better crowd reactions as well as to upgrade the look of Florida Championship Wrestling programming.

Triple H, WWE's Executive Vice President of Talent, is heavily involved with the project. He was said to be a high on the facility after scouting it with other WWE executives last year.

Triple H is advertised for Thursday's event, which will also feature World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio and WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Epico and Primo. Events are also scheduled for June 14, July 5, July 19, August 9, August 23, September 6 and September 20.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Yay I guess *shrugs*
kylel

Post by kylel »

Wonder what King was looking at after Paul Heyman was "leaving the ring"? Either a fan jumped or he fell. Had a serious look on his face for a bit... Anyone see that?
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

HA! You are the only people that will get this reference. I just resigned from some bullshit board at work, and this is my final line

I wish the hiring committee the best of luck in their future endeavors :D
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Sinderella wrote:HA! You are the only people that will get this reference. I just resigned from some bullshit board at work, and this is my final line

:lol: Awesome.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Sinderella wrote:HA! You are the only people that will get this reference. I just resigned from some bullshit board at work, and this is my final line

You need to bust out the WWE "Future Endeavored" t-shirt they were selling a while back.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

ParaDime77 wrote:

You need to bust out the WWE "Future Endeavored" t-shirt they were selling a while back.

:lol: :lol: That would be great, just to see if any of them get it!
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Hopefully they get rid of Laurenitis this Sunday.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

2 shows and still no room for Ryder? what did he do to piss off WWE, getting over to the fans?

Miz pre show match last month had 73,000 views live on WWE, Ryder will get 200,000 and be punished I'm sure!

at least Ryback wasn't on the show

seems Big Show is "fired", hope he doesn't show up help Mr. Excitement VP!
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Don't think Johnny Ace is going anywhere...Cena's going to be eating an Ace Cutter.

If they were smart, they'd have Big Show (since he's fired) run in and turn on Cena, give Johnny the win, and regain his job the next night. Big Show? Tensai? Ace would have a wrecking crew on his hands to ensure he never loses his job.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

yep, seems to be the plan
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Hopefully not.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i hope big show comes back wearing a mask and everyone acts like it's not him.