Olympics

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Olympics

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well the American media's pick for the gold medal in hurdles won't be winning shit.

Now maybe Lolo Jones can go and get fucked that poor girl that's too much pent-up frustration she ought to come over to my house.

The American girls that did win medals let it be known that they didn't care for her and all her hype.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

LONDON – Move over, Kerri Strug. America has a new Olympian performing heroically on a broken leg.

Runner Manteo Mitchell said he "felt" and "heard" his fibula breaking midway through his lead-off leg of the 4x400-meter relay Thursday morning in qualifying heats. He kept running, going another 200 meters and handing off the baton to Joshua Mance. The U.S. went on to finish second in the heat, advancing to the final Friday night.

America would not have kept its medal hopes alive in the event without the effort of Mitchell. His injury was diagnosed after the race by team doctor Bob Adams: broken left fibula.

"I knew if I finished strong we could still get it [the baton] around," Mitchell said. "I saw Josh Mance motioning me in for me to hand it off to him, which lifted me. I didn't want to let those three guys down, or the team down, so I just ran on it. It hurt so bad. I'm pretty amazed that I still split 45 seconds on a broken leg."

Mitchell believes he initially injured the leg a few days ago in the Olympic Village when he slipped on a stairway.

"Three days ago I was going up the stairs and I kind of missed one and landed awkwardly," said the 25-year-old from Cullowhee, N.C. "I got treatment and I was fine. I did workouts, and when I warmed up today I felt really well. I felt I could go 44 [seconds]-low."

But once the race started, Mitchell knew something was wrong.

"I got out pretty slow, but I picked it up, and when I got to the 100-meter mark it felt weird," he said. "I was thinking I just didn't feel right. As soon as I took the first step past the 200-meter mark, I felt it break. I heard it. I even put out a little war cry, but the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear it. I wanted to just lie down. It felt like somebody literally just snapped my leg in half."

Somehow, he finished the race. Now the U.S. must put together a relay without Mitchell or its best 400-meter runner, LaShawn Merritt, who pulled up injured in the heats of the individual 400. Using members of the 400 hurdle contingent is a strong possibility.

If the U.S. makes the medal stand, Mitchell will have earned a special place in American track lore with his effort to make it possible.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

So this year Rochester had an NHL captain lift the cup first, and now Amy Wambach. Good year for The Flower city.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Well, they're nearly over. Pretty good games all around IMO. Nice to see the hosts do well, Bolt cement his greatness etc.

And good for New Zealand too. Got a sailing and kayaking gold in the last day or so, along with a BMX silver.

Total so far: 5 golds (second most we've ever got behind 8 in LA), and 13 medals total (tied for best with Seoul).
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

I am so fucking tired of watching WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Turn off the TV then you stupid twat.

I went crazy, turned blue and almost had an aneurysm watching Mo Farah in the 5000m. What a race, what a competitor, what a champion. When he hit the front he just would not let anyone pass.

Bolt's amazing, but his events lack the drama of the 1500m, 5000m and 10000m races. I even thought that Rudisha in the 800m was better than anything Bolt did. The 100m is the event for athletics novices to pee their pants over, and it helps when the world's greatest also happens to be a charismatic live wire. But for the ebb and flow, the tactics and sheer athleticism, give me middle and long distance running any day.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

CliffByford wrote:Turn off the TV then you stupid twat.

I went crazy, turned blue and almost had an aneurysm watching Mo Farah in the 5000m. What a race, what a competitor, what a champion. When he hit the front he just would not let anyone pass.

Bolt's amazing, but his events lack the drama of the 1500m, 5000m and 10000m races. I even thought that Rudisha in the 800m was better than anything Bolt did. The 100m is the event for athletics novices to pee their pants over, and it helps when the world's greatest also happens to be a charismatic live wire. But for the ebb and flow, the tactics and sheer athleticism, give me middle and long distance running any day.
Oh, shit yeah, me too. 1,500 - 10,000 is where it's at.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

In a side note, I just figured out that 12 of New Zealand's 13 medals were won sitting down (bikes, kayaks, rowing and horse-riding).
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Handball is AWESOME, seems like I've seen 15 games so far, cable shows them all the time

someone should start a USA pro league , it could be huge!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

demolition23 wrote:

Oh, shit yeah, me too. 1,500 - 10,000 is where it's at.
800 and 4x400 relay.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

CliffByford wrote:Turn off the TV then you stupid twat
Will do! Thanks poster I've never heard of
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Anne_Thrax wrote:
CliffByford wrote:Turn off the TV then you stupid twat
Will do! Thanks poster I've never heard of
Way to make yourself look dumber.
Sinderella
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sinderella »

I was literally screaming GO MO,GOOOO! I just wanted him to win, and Im an Amercian! Just really like him and so happy to see him get double gold! Im so sad the closing ceremonies are tonight. Great games!
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Bolt nearly fell down and still blew everyone away. Is he doping?

Of course he is (along with almost everyone else) But will he be caught?
Doesn't everyone in Jamaica smoke mon?
ImageImageImage
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:
mullet_head wrote:Ya fag, you should watch woman's tennis. Wheres your patriotism? Julia Goerges is totally kicking some polish bitch ass rigth now. The judges just gave her a bunch of points for some of her poses, like 15 or something.
I prefer bull dykes in shorts kicking balls.

Speaking of which, those heartless commie gook bitches would just not let Alex Morgan score today. How the hell is she supposed to pull a Brandi Chastain if they don't let her put the ball in the goal? It makes zero fucking sense.
Image :lol: