Most annoying team rally cry or slogan

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Most annoying team rally cry or slogan

Post by NeverSurrender »

Let me tell you people something. There is nothing more annoying than Bama fans yelling Roll Tide!! over and over. Especially when those freaks think my Vikes jersey is an LSU jersey.

Roll Damn Tide!! Kill these people. These assholes are followed closely by the tards who yell Who dat!! Let me throw a vote for those asshole jets fans and that J-E-T-S jets jets jets garbage. And fuck that fireman guy too.

I know where you live might decide what you think is annoying, so post your choice here.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Most annoying team rally cry or slogan

Post by LAglamrocker »

hearing "I love LA", at events not the Lakers

not the same but funny to me

hearing home teams chant Beat LA while Clippers are in town
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

The Florida State/Atlanta Braves Indian chant.

The Washington Nationals "Natitude" slogan is completely gay also.

As a Philly fan I think the "Fly Eagles Fly" song is pretty lame.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

"here we go steelers here we go"
"who dat"

fuck that noise.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

From a friend who went to Fairfax High in LA during the 60s:

Jacob, Issac, Moses, Sam
We're the boys who eat no ham
Fairfax, Fairfax, Rah, rah, rah

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:The Florida State/Atlanta Braves Indian chant.

The Washington Nationals "Natitude" slogan is completely gay also.

As a Philly fan I think the "Fly Eagles Fly" song is pretty lame.

I love the fat guy singing it in Invincible right before the tryout, while he's waiting in line.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Ha ha! Are you talking about the 'Tomahawk Chop'? If so, that racist shit is lame.

Of course, the correct answer is 'all of them'. Come to an English soccer match to hear it done properly. Attend the right game and you may even hear a successful French coach being called a paedophile by 40,000 mongos!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

CliffByford wrote:
Ha ha! Are you talking about the 'Tomahawk Chop'? If so, that racist shit is lame.

Of course, the correct answer is 'all of them'. Come to an English soccer match to hear it done properly. Attend the right game and you may even hear a successful French coach being called a paedophile by 40,000 mongos!
Racist or not, FSU's mascot and slogan are approved by the Seminole tribe.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Point taken. In fairness, I'm only familiar with the Braves chant due to a friend who has emigrated there.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
WTF

Post by WTF »

The Tomahawk Chop and Rock Chalk Jayhawk annoy the shit out of me. And J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets with this fuck leading the charge:

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WTF wrote:The Tomahawk Chop and Rock Chalk Jayhawk annoy the shit out of me. And J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets with this fuck leading the charge:

He is the worst. I read somewhere he claimed he used to be a Cowboys fan.

I also red (here I think) that that chant used to be a chant to see which end zone could be the loudest. Then asshole came along and ruined it.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Why the hate?

These things are what they are. People wouldn't do them/endure them if they didn't love them.

"Who Dat!" at Saints games is fun.

Every last Jets fan claims to hate Fireman Ed but the whole stadium indulges him.

My favorite - the "O!" at Baltimore Orioles games during the national anthem.

If you don't know this one, the whole stadium yells "O!" at the start of the "Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave" part of the song. It rules. It can also be heard at pretty much any Washington DC/Maryland area sporting event. At Capitols games they've started a "rockets red glare" thing so people who do O! are publicly browbeaten.

I was at the Yankees Orioles game in NYC a couple weeks ago and proudly did the O thing along with dozens of others. It was inspiring. And we actually won, too.

But back to the hate. Personally I can't stand the fucking Steelers fans and their yellow cum rags that they bring everywhere they fucking go. Fuck them.
WTF

Post by WTF »

I think there's more hate for the rallying cries of teams you dislike, as opposed to teams you follow. I mean it makes sense. I hate the J-E-T-S.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WTF wrote:I think there's more hate for the rallying cries of teams you dislike, as opposed to teams you follow. I mean it makes sense. I hate the J-E-T-S.
I don't mind the JETS. Used to love Richard Todd when I was a kid.

Levi if you lived 3 and half hours each from NOLA and the Alabama campus, you would hate them both. Promise.

Ask anybody down here what they think of Roll Tide, and unless they're a Bama fan, it makes them want to slap people. Especially the idiots who think my Vikes jersey is an LSU jersey. Fuck that "Roll Tide" bullshit. Then you go out, some women talk the band into playing Sweet Home Alabama, and the cunts get on stage and everytime the chorus rolls around, they yell into the mic.. "Roll Damn Tide!!!!"

Death to all of them.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

Who Dat is awesome! It fits us perfectly.

Now...the Eagles one...where they just spell out the word...

"E! A! G! L! E! S! EAGLES!!!!!!!!!"

That drives me mad.
"FUN'S OVER."
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Who Dat fits you perfectly, doesn't mean saying it over and over in the middles of a monday in July isn't annoying.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

NeverSurrender wrote:Who Dat fits you perfectly, doesn't mean saying it over and over in the middles of a monday in July isn't annoying.
I've been walking down Ventura Blvd in the middle of spring with a Saints shirt and a passing car honks their horn and the guy shouts out the windown "WHO DAT BABY!" and it's like...the middle of Spring. I don't mind it. I always carry a "New Orleans vs. The World" mentality and it is as good as a rallying cry as any.
"FUN'S OVER."
WTF

Post by WTF »

No one mention the Red Sox and "Sweet Caroline"? Let me mention it. Fuck them.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Fuck you, and a damn well deserved Roll Tide Roll... :lol:

Maybe it wouldnt be quite so annoying if any team you truly loved and supported were as successful...just a thought.

I love the Alabama Crimson Tide football team...but the only time you will hear me shout Roll Tide Roll is when some other jackass wants to throw out a "War Damn Eagle" or some other slogan...to me, when this happens, its fair game. The Tide has the pedigree to back up their obnoxious fans...especially in the South...no other SEC team can claim a pedigree any where near as impressive in college football...

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

BodyBagz wrote:Fuck you, and a damn well deserved Roll Tide Roll... :lol:

Maybe it wouldnt be quite so annoying if any team you truly loved and supported were as successful...just a thought.

I love the Alabama Crimson Tide football team...but the only time you will hear me shout Roll Tide Roll is when some other jackass wants to throw out a "War Damn Eagle" or some other slogan...to me, when this happens, its fair game. The Tide has the pedigree to back up their obnoxious fans...especially in the South...no other SEC team can claim a pedigree any where near as impressive in college football...

Do you even know what teams I cheer for? all my teams but one have won championships. Put it this way dude. where I live, I hear 'Roll Tide", War Damn eagle", "The FSU chop" "That gator mouth BS and LSU fans. I'm a Syracuse fan, so I have no horse in this race. You clowns are easily, and i mean easily the most annoying of any SEC fanbase, and probably any fanbase in sports.

It has nothing to do with how much success you have had. I don't hate bama coaches pr players. I actually love Gene Stallings and a couple people I know played basketball for Bama. That shit is annoying. as is everything about Bama fans.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

NeverSurrender wrote: Do you even know what teams I cheer for? all my teams but one have won championships. Put it this way dude. where I live, I hear 'Roll Tide", War Damn eagle", "The FSU chop" "That gator mouth BS and LSU fans. I'm a Syracuse fan, so I have no horse in this race. You clowns are easily, and i mean easily the most annoying of any SEC fanbase, and probably any fanbase in sports.

It has nothing to do with how much success you have had. I don't hate bama coaches pr players. I actually love Gene Stallings and a couple people I know played basketball for Bama. That shit is annoying. as is everything about Bama fans.
No...nor do i care what teams you cheer for. The fact that you just told me you are a Syracuse fan is the 1st I have known. So what?

If I understand this right, you generally hate that all the fans of all the teams you are physically surrounded by due to your home of choices location..because they constantly scream their fave teams "rally cries" or slogans...down here in the South, where College Football is the 2nd highest religion next to Christianity? And we are the fucked up people because we do show school pride, even to the point of bothering people...who cheer for teams outside not only the state of residence, but even the entire Region...gotcha.

Heres a thought...let it go. Or, conversely, join in...yell back in your most annoying voice the rally cry of Syracuse...whatever that may be. Generally speaking for the Bama and Auburn fans in Alabama...it really isnt going to make too much of a stir...your rally cry...it will just be drowned out by Roll Tide Roll`s and War damn Eagles...so you should probably just get used to it... :lol:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

At least you know you're annoying.
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

BodyBagz wrote:down here in the South, where College Football is the 2nd highest religion next to Christianity?
You've overestimated the importance of Christianity.

Happy College Football Season Starts Day.

Roll Tide! Go Trojans! and as a preemptive strike before the real NFL season kicks off, Who Dat?!
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

The fucking White Stripes and that piece of shit "Seven Nation Army" song turned into an annoying chant.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Fuck the Chop! (FSU, Braves, AND Chiefs)
Fuck J-E-T-S!
Fuck Roll Tide!
Fuck O-Hi-O!
Fuck the Terrible Towel!
FUCK THE RAIDERS!
Fuck sigs.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

HMJ wrote:Now...the Eagles one...where they just spell out the word...

"E! A! G! L! E! S! EAGLES!!!!!!!!!"

That drives me mad.

Good. Ya fucking retard.
oh, and..."BOOOOOOOO!!!"
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

The Ducks' OOOOOOOOO!!!!!! It reminds me of a kid with Downs trying to impersonate Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Yep.. normally don't bump my own thread, but the whole "Roll Tide" the mating call of inbreds all over the south is picking back up.

Kill me now.
Last edited by NeverSurrender on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fryecreature
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by fryecreature »

Maybe not a slogan but I hate it when people say "The New York Football Giants!"

So lame.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Go Cubs Go
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil