The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by demolition23 »

sin wrote:Everyones making rookie of the year out to be about RGIII vs Luck. But with Seattle poised to make the wildcard Russell Wilson is going to get some attention and votes.

After all, He has beaten Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Jay Cutler and Tony Romo.

I doubt anyone realistically thinks he will win it, but who does it hurt more? Will it take away from Luck who will I'm assuming be in the playoffs as well, or RGIII who Wilson is more like?
He's definitely having a strong season.

His yardage isn't there, but his TDs, are up there, his INTs are a lot lower than Luck's and he's had some good wins. RG3's rushing and efficiency and Luck's yardage are all absolutely top notch though. Nothing sticks out about Wilson other than that he's had a solid rookie season.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Another good job of game management by Griffin III. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote:Another good job of game management by Griffin III. :lol:
Another great performence flustering the fuck out the Defense, they didn't know when he was gonna throw for a first or break off a 30 yard run, had those mother fuckers confused as hell. In other News somewhere Andrew Luck's right arm is floating in a bucket of ice.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

sin wrote:Everyones making rookie of the year out to be about RGIII vs Luck. But with Seattle poised to make the wildcard Russell Wilson is going to get some attention and votes.

After all, He has beaten Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Jay Cutler and Tony Romo.

I doubt anyone realistically thinks he will win it, but who does it hurt more? Will it take away from Luck who will I'm assuming be in the playoffs as well, or RGIII who Wilson is more like?
He's got less yards than Griffin and 4 more INTs. He's also on a team with a good defense and running game, something neither of the other two really have. Seattle has beaten some quality teams, but I think we can all safely say he didn't really beat Rodgers. So, same record as RG, less yards and more picks, and he's out of the running IMO. Really, other than record, Tannehill has better stats. He has been pretty good though.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

bane wrote:He's got less yards than Griffin and 4 more INTs. He's also on a team with a good defense and running game, something neither of the other two really have. Seattle has beaten some quality teams, but I think we can all safely say he didn't really beat Rodgers. So, same record as RG, less yards and more picks, and he's out of the running IMO. Really, other than record, Tannehill has better stats. He has been pretty good though.
I could've killed that fucker for overthrowing Hartline yesterday, should've been an easy TD and made the game more intersting, I know it happens but Fuck, He would be much better had they not traded away Marshall, I know the guys a head case but He's a fucking beast.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Another good job of game management by Griffin III. :lol:
Another great performence flustering the fuck out the Defense, they didn't know when he was gonna throw for a first or break off a 30 yard run, had those mother fuckers confused as hell. In other News somewhere Andrew Luck's right arm is floating in a bucket of ice.
Soon defenses will realize they have to stop him from running and make him one dimensional, and that will be all she wrote. He can't sit in the pocket and make good throws. The majority of his throws are screens and check downs. They are mostly a running team. Once they face a defense that can stop the run, that will be it.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote: Soon defenses will realize they have to stop him from running and make him one dimensional, and that will be all she wrote. He can't sit in the pocket and make good throws. The majority of his throws are screens and check downs. They are mostly a running team. Once they face a defense that can stop the run, that will be it.
Yeah, dudes not accurate at all and cant throw deep, He only leads the league with most passes of 25 yards or more, has a great % and what 4 int's? So fucking one dimensional.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote: Soon defenses will realize they have to stop him from running and make him one dimensional, and that will be all she wrote. He can't sit in the pocket and make good throws. The majority of his throws are screens and check downs. They are mostly a running team. Once they face a defense that can stop the run, that will be it.
Yeah, dudes not accurate at all and cant throw deep, He only leads the league with most passes of 25 yards or more, has a great % and what? 4 int's? So fucking one dimensional.
Like I said, majority of passes are check downs and screens. Anyone who watched tonight's game would agree. It's not hard to be accurate and have a high completion percentage when you are throwing those kind of passes. His yards are very low, and on top of that, most of the yards gained tonight were YAC.

Contrast that to the Colts offense, they throw very few short passes or screens. Luck is aggressive and goes down field often. That is just the system that we run. Of course you are going to have more incompletions and picks with that kind of system, but if executed well, you will score more points and win more games as well. It's a high risk/reward offense. Griffin is running a low risk/reward system.

bane

Post by bane »

Don't mistake scheme for ability. He has 3 less 40+ yd throws than Luck on 200 less attempts. As usual, you're an idiot.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Its good to see Chaz Batch chalk up a W. I think he's the last one left from when Barry Sanders was still playing.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:Don't mistake scheme for ability. He has 3 less 40+ yd throws than Luck on 200 less attempts. As usual, you're an idiot.
Doesn't matter whether it's scheme or ability. He is not showing that he can carry a team with his arm. Luck has proven that he can.

As usual, you're ignorant and uninformed.

Let's look at the stats for this week:

RG3 163 passing yards 1 TD
Andrew Luck 395 yds 4 TDs
Russell Wilson 293 yds 2TDs

Out of those three, RG3 is a distant third and it aint even close.

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Can we start a new NFL thread and let meathead and the bitchboy have this one?
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

alright, now where are the pass attempts, completions, INT's?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:alright, now where are the pass attempts, completions, INT's?
Who gives a fuck? All three won. If Luck had a solid running game to rely on like RG3, maybe he wouldn't have so many attempts. As it is, he's doing what's needed to win the games.

Like I said before, I'm still waiting to see what happens to RG3 when he actually starts throwing the ball at least an average amount of times per game, because right now he is way below average.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote: Who gives a fuck? All three won. If Luck had a solid running game to rely on like RG3, maybe he wouldn't have so many attempts. As it is, he's doing what's needed to win the games.

Like I said before, I'm still waiting to see what happens to RG3 when he actually starts throwing the ball at least an average amount of times per game, because right now he is way below average.
He's more in the mold of a Joe Montana, Steve Young type, makes smart efficiant throws and can beat you with his legs, his one flaw is he needs to learn to slide. But I do agree with You, get Luck a good RB and He'd probably be downright scary.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

poizond13 wrote:
RG3 163 passing yards 1 TD
Andrew Luck 395 yds 4 TDs
Russell Wilson 293 yds 2TDs

Out of those three, RG3 is a distant third and it aint even close.
Luck clearly had the standout stats this week, but on the season RG3 has more yards than WIlson, and half the interceptions. And he won a tight game this week, against a division rival. So saying he's distant third behind Wilson in anything is silly.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

poizond13 wrote:
dtmfs wrote:alright, now where are the pass attempts, completions, INT's?
Who gives a fuck? All three won.
Haha! If it's "Who gives a fuck" why would you post the other stats?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, because hey, it happens, but hasn't some idiot been going on and on ALL SEASON LONG about how the most important stat in all of football when comparing quarterbacks is ESPN's vaunted Total QBR, and that all other stats and passer ratings are just old school bunk?

I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere, but I can't be sure because strangely enough he hasn't brought it up lately. Well, anyway...

4. Robert Griffin III, WSH - 73.6

6. Andrew Luck, IND - 71.6

:lol:

I don't really remember who that was who kept saying that, but I guess now he'll have to admit RG3 is on track for Rookie of the Year, since he's the rookie with the best Total QBR. A little fuzzy on who it was...maybe the same guy who thought Pierre "another 100 yard game" Garcon was a "bust" after 8 games?

Anyhow, it's a great time to be a Redskin fan. Clearly, once our hospice full of injured guys come back, and maybe we add a decent safety or two, this team will be contending for years to come. We just beat ALL THREE division rivals in a row, and hell, we are in contention for the division title RIGHT NOW, with a roster that is decimated by injuries to key players. I know the wild card chase is good enough to satisfy supporters of some teams, but the division race is really where it's at for Redskins fans.

All the fair weather Redskins fans I know are back on the bandwagon.

Have no idea how this will play out, but it's great to see the team on the road back to the Super Bowl, after so many years in the wilderness. And a shout out to 6th round draft pick Alfred Morris is probably in order - this guy has come out of nowhere to become one of the best RBs in the league, as a ROOKIE. He's over 1,000 yards already, and put the game away last night on a 3rd down and 3 when every Skins fan was terrified at giving Eli Manning another crack at the Skins secondary, even with 30 seconds left on the clock. And he was met at the line by about 5 Giants defenders - no slouches on that Giant D line - and he fucking muscled through, WILLED it, to wrap the most important game the Skins have won in about 5 years up.

RG3 thinks HE should be the rookie of the year, and in any other season that might be true.

Meanwhile, I can't help but congratulate a rookie QB class that many experts are calling the best in history. Griffin, Luck, Tannehill, Wilson...these guys are getting mad respect. It really is an exciting time to be an NFL fan.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NeverSurrender wrote:Can we start a new NFL thread and let meathead and the bitchboy have this one?
Can we start a new thread for people who are bitching about people in the NFL thread talking about the biggest (non girlfriend killing related) story of the season, the play of rookie QBs?
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Meanwhile, I can't help but congratulate a rookie QB class that many experts are calling the best in history. Griffin, Luck, Tannehill, Wilson...these guys are getting mad respect. It really is an exciting time to be an NFL fan.
There's a long time to go before the historical relevance of this rookie class can be judged. the class of 83 is going to tough to top, but to date, the kids are playing exceptionally well.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

There's a long time to go before the historical relevance of this rookie class can be judged. the class of 83 is going to tough to top, but to date, the kids are playing exceptionally well.
The ESPN guys last night - Dilfer and Steve Young, both former NFL QBs - were saying that was is most striking to them about these rookies - singling out Luck, RG3, and Wilson - is the grasp they have on the complexities of NFL offenses and defenses so early in their careers. And, offenses and defenses in the NFL are miles beyond what the class of '83 were dealing with.

But yes you are absolutely right, it's early.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

dtmfs wrote:
He's more in the mold of a Joe Montana, Steve Young type, makes smart efficiant throws and can beat you with his legs, his one flaw is he needs to learn to slide. But I do agree with You, get Luck a good RB and He'd probably be downright scary.
If I'm a Skins fan I'm shitting my pants every time he takes off until he learns how to slide.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
bane

Post by bane »

johnk5150 wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
If I'm a Skins fan I'm shitting my pants every time he takes off until he learns how to slide.
He's taking some brutal shots in the pocket too. They showed a montage of hits he's taken this year last night. Ouch. I'll bet he takes a lot of Ibuprofen.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

johnk5150 wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
I'm a Skins fan and I'm shitting my pants every time he takes off.

Every good QB takes hits in the pocket though. You could make a "montage" like that for virtually every starting QB.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
I'm a Skins fan and I'm shitting my pants every time he takes off.

Every good QB takes hits in the pocket though. You could make a "montage" like that for virtually every starting QB.
That's true, but for a team with so few passing plays, he's taking too many hits.
jahlive 420
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by jahlive 420 »

I picked up Alfred Morris in my fantasy league after Week 1 based solely on the number of carries he had in that game.

move of the year...
jahlive 420
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by jahlive 420 »

johnk5150 wrote:
jahlive 420 wrote:Fucking Bears defense looked their age on those last two Seattle drives. Way to "Bear Down!" with the game on the line. The 3rd and 14 followed by the 4th and 3 conversion was especially painful.
Marinelli not telling the D ends to stop shooting the gap allowing Wilson to get outside and make those plays yesterday was an epic coaching failure. They looked like french fried dog shit.
3 of the final 4 for the Bears on the road, and the only home game is against Green Bay. They could still pull off 10 wins and make the playoffs but they will probably have to play GB or NY in the wild card.

I could also see an epic collapse and them finishing 9-7 or 8-8 and losing a tiebreaker to Seattle.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

As a Cowboys fan I had no choice but to cheer for
a Skins victory last night.
Gives Dallas a better chance to make the playoffs as a wild card or
division winner.
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »